💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do people on GGD or in general drag ARTPOP?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

Slade

GODPOP slays! :ARTPOP:

The media just labeled it a flop too much and too quickly and fans were use to Gaga getting praise for each album and when that happened they turned on Gaga. Very fast. Mob mentality. If someone says something enough people will believe it.

And instagram monsters + tumblr + twitter monsters all love it. Mostly here is where the **** comes in and that's because of chartmonsters. :ohwell:

And ARTPOP is doing rather well! :shrug:

GODPOP is legendary and you will deal. :staymad:

All of this :legend:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if we look at this "underperforamnce" (which seems like a sneaky way for same fans to say flop) then everyone has been flopping lately. I mean amongst her biggest threats in her genre she is basically on parr. PRISM, Bangerz all sold around the same area. And we can't see into the future but I am rather sure ARTPOP's numbers will grow. And there are other markets besides he US to consider js.

Worldwide ARTPOP sold 2m. Thats 5 - 6 m less than BTW, so its really not good for her. Thats why I say it is an underperformance. In the big scheme, it surely cant be considered a flop. You want a flop? Thats GUY that didnt go top 40 in any major market and stay only one week on Hot 100.

With that beeing said, the impressions of an era dont come only from chart numbers. It is also about how the era was and in this category, ARTPOP was full of hesitations and half statements and other things that didnt go to well. Lets hope that she will release another single and a video, because if not, she and her team are the ones that treat this era as a flop. Even real flops albums has more videos than ARTPOP has now.

Pain of fame1

ARTPOP is my favorite album, its just that the era was handled really badly...

SAME. ARTPOP=BEST ALBUM IN MUSIC HISTORYY

Neptune

Honestly people on this site loved ARTPOP until the bad reviews started emerging and people let their opinions be shaped by the media. 

I love the album and the visuals so I don't care about anything else :shrug:

If it's a flop, what's the problem? Sales don't mean quality.

ARTPOP = BTW > TFM > TF

ryhanna

Keep in mind, when threads claiming that ARTPOP is her greatest album and better than The Fame Monster, it had the 'brand new' factor. Given a few months, I'm sure some people have changed their minds. Others might still love it more than any other album.

I'll be honest: I'm indifferent towards ARTPOP, don't hate it, don't love it. I don't "drag" it though… some people genuinely love it. To drag it here on a Gaga fan site is just kind of an insult to Gaga and her fans. 

Gagz

ARTPOP is my favorite album (by Gaga and in general). It's so good. After almost 7 months, I can honestly say I still listen to it or songs from it every single day.

I hate when people call it a flop, because it's not. Look at what it achieved:

• Debuted at #1 on Billboard 200

• Third best-selling female album of 2013

• 2 Billboard top 10 hits

• An additional top 20 hit

• Her 13th #1 song on the dance chart

• 2 additional top 10 songs on the dance chart

• Pre-order record

• She gained her biggest radio hit

• Her 4th multi-platinum hit

Outside of those achievements, look at all the amazing things we've gotten from the era:

• the music (obviously)

• Swinefest

• SXSW

• The trademark seashell outfit

• The ARTPOP Film

• The Muppets Holiday Spectacular

• The artRAVE tour (her best IMO, but I didn't get to see BTWB)

• Asia tbh

I love the ARTPOP area tbh. Not a lot has happened, I'll admit. But, the things that have happened have all been top notch.

XoXoJoanneGaga

But if we look at this "underperforamnce" (which seems like a sneaky way for same fans to say flop) then everyone has been flopping lately. I mean amongst her biggest threats in her genre she is basically on parr. PRISM, Bangerz all sold around the same area. And we can't see into the future but I am rather sure ARTPOP's numbers will grow. And there are other markets besides he US to consider js.

Not at all, ARTPOP topped out at 700,000 in the US, that's horrendous. PRISM and Bangerz crossed Platinum with ease, PRISM will also cross 2x Platinum with ease. 

At this point in time she's no longer a platinum artist. You can bet her and her team will do everything in their power to fix that next era, or she's done as a pop star.

VforVendetta

Basically this...

It's a great pop album, but not Gaga's best or anywhere near to be best pop album in history (aka Ray Of Light or/and Thriller).

It serves its purpose as pop album, to etertain, yet manages to have quality lyrics and sounds (not basic or generic at all) :rockstar:

A huge problem was the hype and anticipation it had. I hope Gaga learns from that and keeps her mouth a little shut before next release, same for executives (Yeah, I remember one of them saying this was going to be better than ROL, big mess) :sweep:

I own both of these albums and they are amazing but one word comes directly in my mind. Overrated. I know that it was diferent times back then but these albums have nothing that ARTPOP lacks (MJ has better albums as well). These albums are obviously top of the class Pop creations but because they are classics now people lose the meter. ARTPOP is an amazing album and don't forget that Thriller had only 8 tracks and still it has imperfections as well and fillers, the same with ROL that has more tracks of course but it has some imperfections as well. (ROL is definitely Madonna's best work though). AP has 15 tracks from which I can say that at least 9 of them ate very ambitious.

VforVendetta

Not at all, ARTPOP topped out at 700,000 in the US, that's horrendous. PRISM and Bangerz crossed Platinum with ease, PRISM will also cross 2x Platinum with ease.

At this point in time she's no longer a platinum artist. You can bet her and her team will do everything in their power to fix that next era, or she's done as a pop star.

With Ease. :awkney:

Your post is ignorant though. The sales of the album match perfectly the success (or lack of success) of the singles. Actually the ratio of singles/album sales is the same as BTW era and it's much healthier than Katy's ratio which proves that even with huge single-radio success her album sales are mediocore. As for Gaga its obvious that the whole era was a mess and with that whole messy era the album sales should be nothing more.

XoXoJoanneGaga

With Ease. :awkney:

Your post is ignorant though. The sales of the album match perfectly the success (or lack of success) of the singles. Actually the ratio of singles/album sales is the same as BTW era and it's much healthier than Katy's ratio which proves that even with huge single-radio success her album sales are mediocore. As for Gaga its obvious that the whole era was a mess and with that whole messy era the album sales should be nothing more.

Well it's not ignorance I was just posting facts. I agree that Katy's ratios aren't good, but the post I quoted stated that Gaga's sales are on par, they aren't. I understand the sales match up with lack of single success/GP interest, and that's why if she doesn't turn it around next era she's done as a popstar

Psychedelic

I own both of these albums and they are amazing but one word comes directly in my mind. Overrated. I know that it was diferent times back then but these albums have nothing that ARTPOP lacks (MJ has better albums as well). These albums are obviously top of the class Pop creations but because they are classics now people lose the meter. ARTPOP is an amazing album and don't forget that Thriller had only 8 tracks and still it has imperfections as well and fillers, the same with ROL that has more tracks of course but it has some imperfections as well. (ROL is definitely Madonna's best work though). AP has 15 tracks from which I can say that at least 9 of them ate very ambitious.

:dead:  I stopped reading there, sorry! 

aussie27

This album was hyped too much and when you label music as art you really are raising the bar very high.

The music basically is not fantastic it's good but it isn't anything exceptional and isn't close to art.

I think had Gaga spoken less about "art" and maybe toned down some of her stunts/performances e.g. the being vomited on stage and here twitter rants maybe people would of focused more on the music and liked her more.

Personally I think she needs an image ovehaul. 

I think she should tone her image down - she actually is quite attractive when she goes for the natural look. Jeans and a tshirt and singing acoustic without all the distractions IMO would be a great start to win people back. It would be ideal to show casual fans and non fans that she is talented.

The main reason people are calling it a flop [i think flop is a strong word though] is compared to even just born this way the CD has sold like 1/4 - 1/3 of that.

The non single tracks on ARTPOP are the real gems on the CD like ARTPOP, Sexx Dreams and Gypsy.

GagaDragon

People who said that ARTPOP was amazing when it leaked were just going off the hype of new material from Gaga. Deep down that's not what they thought and i'm sure if you were to ask them now their opinions would be very different.

ARTPOP better than TFM...what a joke

Jewels n Drugs
I honeatly feel like the album became too old too quickly.
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Archived