💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do people on GGD or in general drag ARTPOP?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

Cas Winchester

You know what I've noticed is that it's only people online besides the critics that shït on the album. Especially by the fame monster fans on this website and if you call them out on it they immediately call you delusional and stupid. It's fine that they don't like the album, but others do and they just can't seem to accept that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

Honestly people on this site loved ARTPOP until the bad reviews started emerging and people let their opinions be shaped by the media. 

Exactly.  The opinions of fans are influenced by the critics, the media, and the GP.  It's shameful that fans don't judge ARTPOP on it's merit rather than by the opinions of others.  When ARTPOP was released many said there are no fillers in the album.  Well, the music hasn't changed since then.  It is still that amazing.

I live outside the space time continuum.

tomsches

Because in my personal opininion, the album is - on the whole - not that good! I, and many critics, were also disappointed because, when I heard the album was going to be called ARTPOP, I thought she would do very artistic and experimental music á la Björk, Grimes or Kate Bush...but what we got was pop radio songs, that were not really THAT special.

Addy Ezzie

GODPOP slays! :ARTPOP:

The media just labeled it a flop too much and too quickly and fans were use to Gaga getting praise for each album and when that happened they turned on Gaga. Very fast. Mob mentality. If someone says something enough people will believe it.

And instagram monsters + tumblr + twitter monsters all love it. Mostly here is where the **** comes in and that's because of chartmonsters. :ohwell:

And ARTPOP is doing rather well! :shrug:

GODPOP is legendary and you will deal. :staymad:

I couldn't agree more. Well said  :applause:

Celina

Because in my personal opininion, the album is - on the whole - not that good! I, and many critics, were also disappointed because, when I heard the album was going to be called ARTPOP, I thought she would do very artistic and experimental music á la Björk, Grimes or Kate Bush...but what we got was pop radio songs, that were not really THAT special.

I think the title understandably caused a lot of those misconceptions, even though it really makes sense in context; "ARTPOP" is a great way to describe her work and ideas so far in her career, so I don't think the point was ever to go into something entirely different. I'm not sure if/how she could have gotten around the confusion it causes as an album title though, especially with critics who probably weren't as familiar with what she said about it.

I always think of this clip from 2011 or 2012 (sneaky Gaga!) as the best clarification we have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQl3j8nyaE

Stefani328

Look up the definition of the word "bandwagon".

Pop music draws many bandwagon fans.

Psychedelic

Basically this...

Remember everyone saying that ARTPOP was going to be Gaga's Ray of Light? :smh: mess

The music in ARTPOP is pop music at its best. It's just that people are kind of over the whole dance/electropop thing and got tired of the album really fast. And there's also the "art" thing which cannot be found anywhere near the album.

i love it to death and still enoy it but Btw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AP. like if i had to pick one i'd pick BTW, i still see a lot of potential in it though and it upsets me that it wasn't appreciated by the GP, but i think a lot of that is due to the DWYW situation and blackouts etc

It's a great pop album, but not Gaga's best or anywhere near to be best pop album in history (aka Ray Of Light or/and Thriller).

It serves its purpose as pop album, to etertain, yet manages to have quality lyrics and sounds (not basic or generic at all)  :rockstar:

A huge problem was the hype and anticipation it had. I hope Gaga learns from that and keeps her mouth a little shut before next release, same for executives (Yeah, I remember one of them saying this was going to be better than ROL, big mess)  :sweep:

Tropico

Even if it started good, the ARTPOP era, not really the album, is a dissapointment until now and while commercially it cant be consider a flop, the numbers cant hide its underperformance.

It just went out of Billboard 200 and its doing well? :dies:

It sold just about 2Mil in 6 months. Don't even quote me because this is from the site we've believed all through out Gaga's career but now because people resent ARTPOP suddenly it's fake. No sis. Please don't be negative to the extent where you wish ARTPOP to flop :ohno:.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

You know what I've noticed is that it's only people online besides the critics that shït on the album. Especially by the fame monster fans on this website and if you call them out on it they immediately call you delusional and stupid. It's fine that they don't like the album, but others do and they just can't seem to accept that.

HELL... THIS IS MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! I literally think this all the time! Wow! Slay gurl!

Exactly. The opinions of fans are influenced by the critics, the media, and the GP. It's shameful that fans don't judge ARTPOP on it's merit rather than by the opinions of others. When ARTPOP was released many said there are no fillers in the album. Well, the music hasn't changed since then. It is still that amazing.

YOU TELL 'EM GURL! THIS!

It sold just about 2Mil in 6 months. Don't even quote me because this is from the site we've believed all through out Gaga's career but now because people resent ARTPOP suddenly it's fake. No sis. Please don't be negative to the extent where you wish ARTPOP to flop :ohno:.

2m in 6 months. Well, it looks like it will be just 2m and nothing more. The album didnt even went platinum in US and dont say that I wish ARTPOP to flop. I didnt even call it a flop, but its underperformance is undeniable.

Tropico

Honestly people on this site loved ARTPOP until the bad reviews started emerging and people let their opinions be shaped by the media.

Yas. This.

LaLuna

This :applause:

Also because it didn't sell as much as we hoped. I'm pretty sure if ARTPOP had smashed, people wouldn't be dragging it as much.

Tropico

2m in 6 months. Well, it looks like it will be just 2m and nothing more. The album didnt even went platinum in US and dont say that I wish ARTPOP to flop. I didnt even call it a flop, but its underperformance is undeniable.

But if we look at this "underperforamnce" (which seems like a sneaky way for same fans to say flop) then everyone has been flopping lately. I mean amongst her biggest threats in her genre she is basically on parr. PRISM, Bangerz all sold around the same area. And we can't see into the future but I am rather sure ARTPOP's numbers will grow. And there are other markets besides he US to consider js.

LittleBoot

When you have a highly touted album with very high expectations placed upon it, that can be very problematic. Parting ways with your manager just as the album is released is also going to be a setback. 

Then the song with the most potential to be a hit (in my humble opinion) --

she chose to work with... R. Kelly. *The price is right fail horn*

In my very humble opinion, the album was too all over the place and I could see how some struggle to connect with it.  A lot of people can relate to songs telling you to "just dance" -- they are less likely to be able to relate to a song about Jewels N' Drugs, or Donatella Versace. 

Archived