Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gags should make her music like old times

BuzzcutSeason

Featured Posts

Oscar

what exactly is objective about that

that's a generalisation if i ever saw one / i couldn't tell you how ARTPOP did in the charts

It's objective because my opinion = fact. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tokyodisko

I think she just needs to have a focus and actually obey deadlines. I think she overworked ARTPOP.

candyglam

This again...

people that want musicians to just redo the same music over and over and over frustrate me. What kind of musician are they if they just continue to do the same thing repeatedly? Musicians evolve and change and that's what makes music exciting. 

I 100% agree. It's almost a double-edged sword to have something be a massive success now in the music industry because then that's all people want in the future. I think about how many people freaked out when Christina Aguilera released Bionic; they were all like, "But Back to Basics was amazing, why doesn't she sound like that anymore?" and I still see people say that in order for her to ever be successful again, she needs to make Back to Basics 2.0. I hate that Gaga is in that trap right now to a lesser extent.

Music should always be progressing forward, not staying in the same place to keep pleasing the masses.

you say that as if you weren't actually saying that when you were sir

littlemonsterblake

I totally agree.. Don't get me wrong, I really like ARTPOP but I just miss the old catchy tunes. Bad Romance, Poker Face, Just Dance. We need more.

djBuffoon

I am totally, 100% content with the road she's on right now. Her work on the last two albums, in my opinion, didn't seem nearly as calculated as previously, and I mean that in the most positive way. Particularly in AP, there was an effortlessness (not thoughtlessness), and fluidity this time around that I didn't see before. I'm not concerned that a lot of people disagree with this, because I feel that she knows how strong the work has been and is.

As for RedOne, the time will come for another collab. But she's great without him.

Ladey Gagz

Yep, because being the most successful possible is the ultimate goal :spin:

Emvee

I've lost count of how many times friends and acquaintances have in passing said, "Her first album was the best. Everything else after that isn't very catchy."

As if being catchy is the only thing that makes music valuable :smh:

I will say that The Fame carries some of Gaga's most clever and fresh-sounding lyrics of her career. It all sounded so effortlessly fabulous.

And although Ill love BTW and ARTPOP to hell and back, her tone is different. It's very self-conscious. It's not necessarily a bad thing to me, but it's not something that'll get you to #1.

Her train of thought took a drastic turn somewhere between TFM and BTW and telling her to "go back to The Fame" would be as easy as trying to become young and naive again.

The influences of today and yesterday cannot be erased. ARTPOP is a time capsule of who Gaga is today. Self-conscious. At war with herself. In love and in lust. But, most importantly, I can hear US, her fans, reverberating all across her work today. Both the praise and hatred/negative criticism.

Enjoy it while you can, because 5 years from now, "the new Gaga album" will be that much further from The Fame.

Shadow

The rest of the world doesn't care and neither does she. Not our problem... we aren't getting paid when she's successful anyway.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

timmomatic

Rehashing old materials is not progressive for an artist like her at all. Let her experiment and evolve. Eventually, she will produce a sound that you will love even more than her older sound. 

Computer

ily
💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Ambrosia

I don't know, but I sure wouldn't want music from my favorite artists/bands to remain the same, year after year, decade after decade.  I love to see growth, evolution, and change.  You grow with the artist; it's nice.  :sara:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Archived