đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney's MALEFICENT

MaxPOP

Featured Posts

See it for Angelina Jolie and not the story.

I was expecting it to be a little darker after the trailers. The only memorable character is Maleficent and the end was a giant wtf

I heard she's not even evil at all.... :sweat:

I watched it two days ago and it's not what I expected it to be :(

Anyways it's still enjoyable :party:

I hope do not disappoint me as did Godzilla

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinosky

I hope do not disappoint me as did Godzilla

Good luck :hug:

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

Rolodex of Hate

I didn't like it.... wasn't as dark or complex as the trailers made it out to be tbh

We have no legal choice but to stan

Good luck :hug:

Tank you you so sweet :hug:

I saw it tonight and didn't love it, but I did think Angelina was great and the effects too. It did ruin the character of Maleficent. Wish they would have just retold the film "Sleeping Beauty" in the same tone, I think it would have turned out better. Elle Fanning was terribly irritating as Aurora though, just so annoying. :awkney: I would still give it a 7/10 though, because it was enjoyable, and I enjoyed it far more than the Burton adaptation of Alice in Wonderland that it's so obviously trying to imitate. 

oh man...I didnt like alice in wonderland so imma lil worried :(

I didn't like it.... wasn't as dark or complex as the trailers made it out to be tbh

yeah sadly I heard that before :'(

Can't wait to watch the movie :excited2:

even all the comments, me neither! im exited! still xD  ( I also love ur photo set, Asia is so damn cute)

even all the comments, me neither! im exited! still xD ( I also love ur photo set, Asia is so damn cute)

Thank you :hug:

And hope you will enjoy the movie :hug:

Thank you :hug:

And hope you will enjoy the movie :hug:

:omgexcited: I will <3 u too!

I am a huge Maleficent fan. We're talking like, 'favourite character from anything ever'. I went to Disneyland Paris with school and spent the whole 2 days trying (and failing) to find and meet her. Luckily we got to see her in the flame outfit before her float was cut from the Once Upon A Dream parade. :party:

Being such a devotee to the 'Mistress of All Evil', I was definitely worried about this movie. Excited, obviously - I've been following this movie for years, since back when we thought Tim Burton was going to direct. But I was cautious: I've never been a huge Jolie fan, and I was worried that giving Maleficent a motive for being evil would ruin some of her mystique and general bad-assery for me. Part of the attraction was always that she was just evil. 

Nevertheless, today I went to see the film. I can honestly say - as a university level film student - that I absolutely adored the film. The beginning was a little slow but they acknowledged this before the release of the movie and I was not too disappointed. The rest of the film was just brilliant to me. I was the last person to expect myself to fall for a more sentimental and misunderstood Maleficent, but the movie was so well-made that they had me hook, like and sinker.

I went to watch the movie under the assumption that nothing would come close to Audley's original Maleficent, and left completely enamoured with the new Jolie incarnation. I would even go as far as to say that I preferred Jolie's representation.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste. But I feel that the movie gave Maleficent's character so much more depth and really enhanced the traditional fairytale of Sleeping Beauty, giving the somewhat stale narrative a much-needed and well-deserved revamp. Please do not pay attention to online reviews until seeing the film for yourself... Like me, you may be surprised! 

Lobster Boy

I am a huge Maleficent fan. We're talking like, 'favourite character from anything ever'. I went to Disneyland Paris with school and spent the whole 2 days trying (and failing) to find and meet her. Luckily we got to see her in the flame outfit before her float was cut from the Once Upon A Dream parade. :party:

Being such a devotee to the 'Mistress of All Evil', I was definitely worried about this movie. Excited, obviously - I've been following this movie for years, since back when we thought Tim Burton was going to direct. But I was cautious: I've never been a huge Jolie fan, and I was worried that giving Maleficent a motive for being evil would ruin some of her mystique and general bad-assery for me. Part of the attraction was always that she was just evil. 

Nevertheless, today I went to see the film. I can honestly say - as a university level film student - that I absolutely adored the film. The beginning was a little slow but they acknowledged this before the release of the movie and I was not too disappointed. The rest of the film was just brilliant to me. I was the last person to expect myself to fall for a more sentimental and misunderstood Maleficent, but the movie was so well-made that they had me hook, like and sinker.

I went to watch the movie under the assumption that nothing would come close to Audley's original Maleficent, and left completely enamoured with the new Jolie incarnation. I would even go as far as to say that I preferred Jolie's representation.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste. But I feel that the movie gave Maleficent's character so much more depth and really enhanced the traditional fairytale of Sleeping Beauty, giving the somewhat stale narrative a much-needed and well-deserved revamp. Please do not pay attention to online reviews until seeing the film for yourself... Like me, you may be surprised! 

I am so glad you enjoyed it.

I think people (online at least) are trolling BIG STYLE about this movie (just check IMDB for example!). I don't know whether it's because it's Angelina Jolie they're trying to bash or just jumping on some trolling hype. But generally, on twitter and in reviews, people are enjoying it.

I have the book and the soundtrack and am seeing the movie next week. I cannot wait. Big Disney fan and Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain.

Out of interest, what is the spinning wheel scene like? I loved that in the original, I know this is quite different though.

I am so glad you enjoyed it.

I think people (online at least) are trolling BIG STYLE about this movie (just check IMDB for example!). I don't know whether it's because it's Angelina Jolie they're trying to bash or just jumping on some trolling hype. But generally, on twitter and in reviews, people are enjoying it.

I have the book and the soundtrack and am seeing the movie next week. I cannot wait. Big Disney fan and Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain.

Out of interest, what is the spinning wheel scene like? I loved that in the original, I know this is quite different though.

The spindle scene is actually not all that different from the original. Contained below to avoid spoilers for others.

Aurora discovers Maleficent's identity and flees from her, returning to the castle to be reunited with her father after 16 years of living with the fairies. However, she has returned a day too soon and the King is busy preparing to battle Maleficent, and so has her locked away until sunset, when the curse is lifted. 

In the room in which she is kept, Aurora is lead (by the curse, not by Maleficent) towards a tapestry, behind which she finds a tunnel - similar to the way in which Maleficent reveals a secret passage to her in the original. She is lured by the curse (represented by Maleficent's words whispered over and over), into the dungeon in which all the broken spinning wheels are locked away. One wheel is engulfed in green flame and re-assembles itself by magic, with its spindle glowing. Aurora touches it and collapses and is found by a maid who followed her down the passage.

Maleficent is not present at all. She is riding horseback towards the castle, trying to get Prince Philip to kiss her and lift the curse before it is too late.

Lobster Boy

The spindle scene is actually not all that different from the original. Contained below to avoid spoilers for others.

Aurora discovers Maleficent's identity and flees from her, returning to the castle to be reunited with her father after 16 years of living with the fairies. However, she has returned a day too soon and the King is busy preparing to battle Maleficent, and so has her locked away until sunset, when the curse is lifted. 

In the room in which she is kept, Aurora is lead (by the curse, not by Maleficent) towards a tapestry, behind which she finds a tunnel - similar to the way in which Maleficent reveals a secret passage to her in the original. She is lured by the curse (represented by Maleficent's words whispered over and over), into the dungeon in which all the broken spinning wheels are locked away. One wheel is engulfed in green flame and re-assembles itself by magic, with its spindle glowing. Aurora touches it and collapses and is found by a maid who followed her down the passage.

Maleficent is not present at all. She is riding horseback towards the castle, trying to get Prince Philip to kiss her and lift the curse before it is too late.

That scene sounds epic!!

I always loved the original but to see it in live action will be great. Also, I kinda like that certain elements are different because otherwise, what's the point?

I like the idea of the "secret passageway" etc.

I cannot wait to see this!

I think I'll watch it in 3D.

That scene sounds epic!!

I always loved the original but to see it in live action will be great. Also, I kinda like that certain elements are different because otherwise, what's the point?

I like the idea of the "secret passageway" etc.

I cannot wait to see this!

I think I'll watch it in 3D.

I watched it in 3D and I am so glad I did. It was so tastefully done; there was nothing coming out of the screen and making it seem unrealistic. Instead, the 3D was used to add depth to the screen and add a level of spatial realism. It was especially effective at making the dense forests seem thick and endless. I recommend 3D.

LaLuna

From what I've seen it's getting mixed reviews, but personally I loved it. Sleeping Beauty was my favorite movie as a child, so I was curious to see how they were going to revisit such a classic. I wasn't expecting the original story to be almost completely changed, but it was a pleasant surprise. I love when villains have a good reason for being evil, and also that the movie teaches young girls that love at first sight doesn't necessarily mean true love and that they should be careful who they give their heart to.

And I'm not Angelina Jolie's biggest fan, but she's absolutely incredible as Maleficent.

Also, I'm obsessed with Lana's rendition of Once Upon a Dream, so beautiful and haunting :giveup:

Archived