💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Reasons for the fallout with Troy

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

SpadesToStart

Based on what happened from August to January, things that Gaga has said, and rumors that have gone around, what do you think the biggest reason for the management shake-up was?

My personal pet-theory is that the initial f*ck-up with Applause was one of the big contributors.  Troy rushed her and pushed her to meet the deadline of the VMAs.  This not only strained Gaga's creative process and physical recovery, but also ended up putting her in direct competition with Roar and having her be overshadowed by Miley-gate.   While Applause had subtle, long-lasting success, it wasn't the smash it should have been and it started the era on a sour note.

Other thoughts and theories?

EDIT:  rather than a thread full of people critiquing my theory, I'd much rather hear all of your thoughts on the split :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Essence

I agree that he probably pushed for a VMA comeback, but I reckon she was eager to come back as well. 

LStephens11

That is the biggest load of **** I have ever heard. Applause was to come out August 19, Roar was released August 10 - Applause was subsequently released on August 12; the competition with Roar would've been there regardless. Miley's performance was already planned out and no matter what Gaga would've done - the look-a-likes or even if she pulled a SXSW-type performance at the VMAs Miley would've overshadowed her anyway. Get real. "It wasn't the smash it should have been" is a crock, too - it was #4 on the chart and was in the Top 10 for what, almost three months? It was a smash, but some people are pressed because it wasn't #1 so therefore it's a failure to many people. My god, this forum sometimes.

Batwings

It just bothers me how obvious it was that they had a definite plan for the ARTPOP era and so much of it completely fell apart, and I'm willing to bet Troy is one of the responsible parties.

lego

It's Katy's fault for the Roar-Applause competition, her album wasn't ready, then when Gaga announced her dates Katy's team rushed to do everything before Gaga. Gaga should've done secret release like Beyonce, before everybody, so Katy wouldn't have time to f*ck her over.

FreePalestine

aaronyoji

i really dont think the whole katy roar thing even effected this era in the long run, and im sick of that default as to why things went raw. no one really cares about that in the end. roar will be forgotten and so will that slight debacle of "competition". 

i think simply she fought with troy too much, there where rumors that they;ve been at each other since the vmas of 2011. which wouldnt surprise me. maybe he simply mismanaged her art. 

I think there was a lot of creative differences with ARTPOP, I think Gaga said he wanted it as an EP :confused: I'd love to know what happened they seemed so close

LadyGagaTroyVCover.jpg

Batwings

i really dont think the whole katy roar thing even effected this era in the long run, and im sick of that default as to why things went raw. no one really cares about that in the end. roar will be forgotten and so will that slight debacle of "competition". 

i think simply she fought with troy too much, there where rumors that they;ve been at each other since the vmas of 2011. which wouldnt surprise me. maybe he simply mismanaged her art. 

I agree with this 100%.

ChasingGhosts

I think they've been having problems since the late Born This Way era, just certain things that seem a bit off but things got real intense during late lastyear.

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

SpadesToStart

That is the biggest load of **** I have ever heard. Applause was to come out August 19, Roar was released August 10 - Applause was subsequently released on August 12; the competition with Roar would've been there regardless. Miley's performance was already planned out and no matter what Gaga would've done - the look-a-likes or even if she pulled a SXSW-type performance at the VMAs Miley would've overshadowed her anyway. Get real. "It wasn't the smash it should have been" is a crock, too - it was #4 on the chart and was in the Top 10 for what, almost three months? It was a smash, but some people are pressed because it wasn't #1 so therefore it's a failure to many people. My god, this forum sometimes.

I'm just saying that Gaga has said several times that she wasn't quite ready to come back at the time she did, and people were pushing her to do so.  The Applause release ultimately had bad timing, and maybe Gaga blamed Troy for that.  Besides, I said it was just a theory, there's no need to be so harsh.  What are your thoughts on Gaga and Troy's split?

I don't disagree that Applause did quite well.  However, I think under different circumstances it had the potential to be much bigger.

:applause:

Jewels n Drugs

He was trying to cramp Gaga style :laughga:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Gov Hooka

I think the Venus and DWUW switchup may have been the biggest factor. They broke up in the first week of November right or was it around Thanksgiving?

degenerate

Where was that interview where she said something like, "they just wanted me to look pretty,"? I think that one explained a lot of it.

ryhanna

Honestly, I think they just wanted different things. 

Gaga wanted to be in full control and create art that would be memorable and showcased in a way that was true to her artistic vision. Troy wanted Gaga to sell herself to the masses and gain back public support that she lost during Born This Way by pandering to the masses and being a more traditional pop star. 

Gaga got fed up of him trying to control her career and make her into something she didn't want to be, so she finally stood up and fired him.

I mean, around that time Gaga was very anti-corporate and pro-artistic freedom (see: SXSW for example). It's only my theory, but it fits imo and is probably the most logical explanation. 

Archived