Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Reasons for the fallout with Troy

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wiltedbliss

I think it has something to do with the BTWB ending. From gaga's interviews, Troy didn't seem to care about her health, only the money.

Axl Jax

He was trying to control her career. Gaga doesn't let anyone control her. Simple as that tbh

Elizabeth

I think it does mainly lie within "creative differences". Based off what's been said by Gaga, Troy wanted her to do things that compromised her artistically but would be a dead cert commercial smash. Basically it's all down to $$$ and how much people are willing to sell themselves, and other people, out for cash in the music business. Hence why any of Gaga's interviews at the end of last year were highly critical of 'corporations in the music industry'. 

I'm trying not to be too presumptuous here, but I've always had a feeling that MTV not allowing Gaga to do her original ideas for her red carpet and performance at the 2013 VMA's was something to do with Troy...

pachinko

I think a lot of it came down to money. Troy Carter didn't want to reduce his earnings, so when he saw the success of other artists during the 2013 VMAs he pressured Gaga into being more commercial than she wanted to be.

The saddest part is looking back on the 3 AMAZiNG 'Venus' single covers. Along with the Salvador Dali mustache and her street fashion at the time, the planned music video for 'Venus' was shaping up to be her best surrealist video to date.

Ugh.. I just hope she is in a better place now. She always trusts her instincts so I believe parting with Troy was the best decision moving forward.

Venus!! :D But this is my best best too at what happened.

high heeled fem

That is the biggest load of **** I have ever heard. Applause was to come out August 19, Roar was released August 10 - Applause was subsequently released on August 12; the competition with Roar would've been there regardless. Miley's performance was already planned out and no matter what Gaga would've done - the look-a-likes or even if she pulled a SXSW-type performance at the VMAs Miley would've overshadowed her anyway. Get real. "It wasn't the smash it should have been" is a crock, too - it was #4 on the chart and was in the Top 10 for what, almost three months? It was a smash, but some people are pressed because it wasn't #1 so therefore it's a failure to many people. My god, this forum sometimes.

:applause: :applause:

preach sis! ppl crack me up on there...Applause did fricken goood!!!!!!!!!!! and so many people loved it who had given up on gaga...so pile of ****!

giskardsb

I think a couple things. I think Gaga wanted Troy focused on her but he has too many things going on. And I suspect he probably sounded like a TF era little manager when it came to what she should be doing with her career.

Buddy

I don't have my theories because I don't think making assumptions is very smart/productive. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

It's Katy's fault for the Roar-Applause competition, her album wasn't ready, then when Gaga announced her dates Katy's team rushed to do everything before Gaga. Gaga should've done secret release like Beyonce, before everybody, so Katy wouldn't have time to f*ck her over.

Do you really believe this?

Phlop

I do. Katy wasn't even expected to release in 2013.

BYE

rivingtonreject

I think this is plausible, especially if take into account those strange looks she wore when she was supposed to be promoting DWUW. I think she was definitely making a statement.

i really think the "they just wanted me to be pretty" issue was around the fame launch era when she initially went brunette. I have the feeling her quote "they killed the blonde" from this time period has a lot to do with this. I mean it was during that era that it started to become obvious that something was seriously off in her life, as she began to delve more heavily, or rather more publicly, into d--g use. This was also a time in which the bulk of ARTPOP was written and a period when she was consistently looking as "conventionally pretty" as we've ever seen her look. I think it was either in that time period, or very shortly after when she began to struggle with what people were asking of her and what her heart wanted (i.e. the losing the little "light" inside, like she said).

I definitely believe she was making a statement against that sentiment during the dwuw mini-era

I believe it. Look at the release dates for every single on PRISM. All within a week of anything gaga released. simple pop star competition plan 101

TimisaMonster

As Gaga said...money corrupted a lot of her so called "friends" and they just wanted to use her :eww:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

XoXoJoanneGaga

I do. Katy wasn't even expected to release in 2013.

That doesn't make sense though, Teenage Dream came out in 2010, and PRISM was clearly finished or they wouldn't have been able to put it out in October. I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems more like a conspiracy theory 

Archived