💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The 5th album

Slayer

Featured Posts

Titzlol

tbh... Sometimes I wish she'd start doing what Rihanna use too, I wish she'd release an album every year, or a year and a half :sweat:  I know I know, it's an unpopular opinion but I just love her music so music.... And I don't think I'll survive another 3 year wait.  I don't care what it's called or what concept it is :dies:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only want Act II just for more music,am I the only one?  :shrug:

Same here :).  Whatever comes next I am going to buy anyway and most likely love.  Let it come!  I"m ready 

Anomaly

In watching the interview thats actually what she seemed to be implying. Straight up. Shes never talked about it in a way that seemed like she was definitely going to put it out or that she was even really looking forward to it. It was always very hesitant and very like "welll......maaaaybe. but idk".

"Seemed to be implying" and "straight up" contradict each other. If it was straight up, it would be obvious and there would be no doubt about it. She's said in numerous interviews that she wants to put new material out. The only reason she seems hesitant during those interviews is because she doesn't know exactly what she's going to do yet. She still has to figure out her game plan. But that doesn't imply by any means that she's planning on keeping everything that she she considers to be "Act II" to herself. She said there are a few songs she'd like to keep between her and her friends, but that's all. She's not talking about all of the songs she wrote for this album, as many of those she does intend to release.

Let's see if we ever get to hear them. I sure hope we do, at least.

JudasIsAHolyFoo

Death of the blonde pop icon  :lolgaga:

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

lxdygxga

Someone reliable from ggd said the album was closer than we think.

He also gave us info before ARTPOP was released that turned out to be true so, we will have to wait and see..

I'm thinking end of June.

I sure hope so! June would add up with the Freak Like Me rumors from BreatheHeavy too. All this self hype will be the death of me.

Emvee

I don't care what concept it is or what name if has, I just want new music.

Jesus everyone worries too much about the implications of an era. It's music.

She could release new music tmw with no single or promotion and people would be clawing at her for making dumb marketing decisions. It's so tiresome as a fan to see all you overreact to such trivial ****.

lxdygxga

I don't care what concept it is or what name if has, I just want new music.

Jesus everyone worries too much about the implications of an era. It's music.

She could release new music tmw with no single or promotion and people would be clawing at her for making dumb marketing decisions. It's so tiresome as a fan to see all you overreact to such trivial ****.

It's important not to generalize though. There are many fans on here that are a fan purely for the music and the enjoyment they get from it. Of course there are those that are too wrapped up in if a release will be commercially viable or not, but many of us wouldn't care if she released Act II tomorrow with no promotion and it charted at #172 - we're here for her music.

pachinko

I hope Act 2 doesn't happen, to be honest. New year, new album, new sound & concept, please.

It's important not to generalize though. There are many fans on here that are a fan purely for the music and the enjoyment they get from it. Of course there are those that are too wrapped up in if a release will be commercially viable or not, but many of us wouldn't care if she released Act II tomorrow with no promotion and it charted at #172 - we're here for her music.

Gaga requires the commercial success. It's her career. She can't put on extravagant shows and artsy videos without bling. We want her to succeed. She wants to succeed....regardless of what she says.

lxdygxga

I think the music of ARTPOP was very gratifying, but the era as a whole left me wanting more. It never really seemed to kick off in the way her other eras had. Plus there's that factor that she has teased Act II a lot, for it to never happen, would be a shame. She says she just wants to make music for us, and there's so much leftover that didn't make ARTPOP - it'd be a real shame if we didn't get it in some format.

Gaga requires the commercial success. It's her career. She can't put on extravagant shows and artsy videos without bling. We want her to succeed. She wants to succeed....regardless of what she says.

And you're within your rights to say that. The fact of the matter is, that isn't important to some of us. Her career is not just commercial success. The size of her fanbase alone means she'd never drift away into nothing. I think people greatly overegg the pudding and make a much bigger drama out of it than is necessary. ARTPOP charted in the top 5 in many countries. I'm sure her next release would chart favourably, just because of who she is. If it didn't so what? There's always next time.

What the real issue here is not success (or any apparent lack of it) but some fans' culture shock that she's not "top dog" anymore, I feel.

Jewels n Drugs

I hope Act 2 doesn't happen, to be honest. New year, new album, new sound & concept, please.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Emvee

It's in a manner of speaking. I don't mean it literally.

My point is that there is an overwhelming presence of people who want to toss the idea of ACT 2, because of implications from this past era. Or is that NOT what I'm reading in the first page of this thread and many like it? Lol

It's not about the music when they say **** like that. It's about all the other stuff. ACT 2 could sound totally different but they don't want it because it's attached to act 1? What kind of bias..

lxdygxga

It's in a manner of speaking. I don't mean it literally.

My point is that there is an overwhelming presence of people who want to toss the idea of ACT 2, because of implications from this past era. Or is that NOT what I'm reading in the first page of this thread and many like it? Lol

No you're completely right, but I do honestly believe it's a minority that are shouting the loudest. New music should be a joy to have, regardless of the factors around it or implications of it's success.

tokyodisko

Honestly, I'd prefer she not tell us what she is writing or recording. I prefer it when she keeps it private and doesn't draw out the process for her next album, because she doesn't go through too many creative phases at the same time and the songs work better together.

Sakrai

To be honest, I don't think we'll hear new music anytime soon. Or at least not great new music. As many have pointed out what ARTPOP lacks is heart. It's what made TFM a great album. It's raw nature, honest lyrics, the visceral and radical sound.

The problem is not fans wanting gaga's chart success, but rather gaga's obsession with her own success and utter dread of failure. The reason she became a megastar is the same reason why ARTPOP is not a masterpiece: because of gaga's obssesion with herself. She's incredibly self-centered and egotistical. And right now that mindset is not allowing her to let go of critisism, or let her make music from the heart.

The very essense of ARTPOP is a testament to that. She couldn't stand the idea of creating a new, equally succesful 'era' image. She said so herself, she doesn't need a new image, she doesn't need to reinvent herself. That's fear talking. ARTPOP is gaga putting together anything and everything that she believes will be succesful. That's why there's no storyline, that why it could 'mean anything'.

I, too, think act II won't happen. Gaga is still too scared of it's chart performance, and she'll cling to whatever she already released for as long as she can. But I love her, and I believe in her, and I know she'll get through this fear and insecurity.

So at least for now I think we'll have to wait.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Archived