DMTT

Featured Posts

The only thing I would change is the singles

1. Born this way

2. The edge of glory

3. scheisse

4. Hair

5. Marry the night

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I'd change is the chorus to Bad Kids.

Everything else, in my opinion, is flawless.

tumblr_m4mcxiFXUP1rtmgnko2_500.gif

TEANUS

01. Marry The Night

02. Born This Way

03. Government Hooker

04. Judas

05. Americano

06. Hair

07. Scheisse

08. Bloody Mary

09. Black Jesus Amen Fashion

10. Bad Kids

11. Fashion Of His Love

12. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)

13. Heavy Metal Lover

14. Electric Chapel

15. The Queen

16. You And I

17. The Edge Of Glory

Singles:

1. Born This Way

2. Hair

3. Scheibe

4. You and I (US)/ Marry The Night (US)

5. The Edge of Glory

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

giskardsb

I own like 3000 albums.  There are basically 5 where I can say where the entire album is excellent, and no, BTW is not among those.  The point being that there will always be songs you don't like on an album except in rare situations.   Many Many albums have been released into the world with basically one hit song and a ton of mediocre to bad filler.  BTW is light years better than those.  It's not perfect but it's very good.  I wouldn't delete any songs because for every song I hate somebody else loves it, and vice versa.  It's ok for an album to have songs that just don't appeal to me but that others like. Why should they be denied?   Gaga should release as much material as she can, not just the stuff she thinks is palatable to a particular audience.  All of her material will find an audience, somewhere.  In the modern world, there is no reason for unnecessary filtering.  

Lyrically, her lyrics BTW and later took what I like to call a "surrealist" lyrical turn. "Respect the Vomit" and all that.  Gaga doesn't always follow the "rules" of "good" songwriting, especially for pop music.   From her brain to the paper in many cases with little editing.  I get how some people don't like that, even I wish sometimes she'd "clean up around the edges" a bit of the vomit spewing, but I much prefer her extemporaneous and non-"perfect" lyrics to plastic cookie sheet pop that flows well but means nothing and gives you no insight into the artist.  Through Gaga's lyrics we get an insight into her psyche.... both good and bad.  That makes her superior to many other writers IMO, even if she doesn't meet some people's criteria of a "good" lyricist.

somechick

I own like 3000 albums.  There are basically 5 where I can say where the entire album is excellent, and no, BTW is not among those.  The point being that there will always be songs you don't like on an album except in rare situations.   Many Many albums have been released into the world with basically one hit song and a ton of mediocre to bad filler.  BTW is light years better than those.  It's not perfect but it's very good.  I wouldn't delete any songs because for every song I hate somebody else loves it, and vice versa.  It's ok for an album to have songs that just don't appeal to me but that others like. Why should they be denied?   Gaga should release as much material as she can, not just the stuff she thinks is palatable to a particular audience.  All of her material will find an audience, somewhere.  In the modern world, there is no reason for unnecessary filtering.  

Lyrically, her lyrics BTW and later took what I like to call a "surrealist" lyrical turn. "Respect the Vomit" and all that.  Gaga doesn't always follow the "rules" of "good" songwriting, especially for pop music.   From her brain to the paper in many cases with little editing.  I get how some people don't like that, even I wish sometimes she'd "clean up around the edges" a bit of the vomit spewing, but I much prefer her extemporaneous and non-"perfect" lyrics to plastic cookie sheet pop that flows well but means nothing and gives you no insight into the artist.  Through Gaga's lyrics we get an insight into her psyche.... both good and bad.  That makes her superior to many other writers IMO, even if she doesn't meet many peoples criteria of a "good" lyricist.

:worship: Well said!

LilVenusian

01. Marry The Night 
02. Government Hooker
03. Judas
04. Scheisse 
05. Bloody Mary 
06 Heavy Metal Lover
07. You And I 
08. The Edge Of Glory 

I would make it an 8 track EP like TFM. Keep it nice and edgy throughout. No cheesy preachy messages. Album would be called Marry The Night. Just 3 singles:

1. Marry The Night

2. Judas

3. Edge of Glory

geopang

Getting rid of the best songs on BTW aka Hair and Black Jesus? You've lost your mind. BTW doesn't need any fixing at all

I own like 3000 albums. There are basically 5 where I can say where the entire album is excellent, and no, BTW is not among those. The point being that there will always be songs you don't like on an album except in rare situations. Many Many albums have been released into the world with basically one hit song and a ton of mediocre to bad filler. BTW is light years better than those. It's not perfect but it's very good. I wouldn't delete any songs because for every song I hate somebody else loves it, and vice versa. It's ok for an album to have songs that just don't appeal to me but that others like. Why should they be denied? Gaga should release as much material as she can, not just the stuff she thinks is palatable to a particular audience. All of her material will find an audience, somewhere. In the modern world, there is no reason for unnecessary filtering.

Lyrically, her lyrics BTW and later took what I like to call a "surrealist" lyrical turn. "Respect the Vomit" and all that. Gaga doesn't always follow the "rules" of "good" songwriting, especially for pop music. From her brain to the paper in many cases with little editing. I get how some people don't like that, even I wish sometimes she'd "clean up around the edges" a bit of the vomit spewing, but I much prefer her extemporaneous and non-"perfect" lyrics to plastic cookie sheet pop that flows well but means nothing and gives you no insight into the artist. Through Gaga's lyrics we get an insight into her psyche.... both good and bad. That makes her superior to many other writers IMO, even if she doesn't meet some people's criteria of a "good" lyricist.

I don't necessarily agree with all that you said, but I really love and respect what you did say! Interesting insight, and it's so true. Even though most of her lyrics are mediocre to subpar, it's ALWAYS gaga. You can tell she does her own thing and is confident in it, "stands behind her vomit" so to speak haha :)

DeleteMyAccount

Please remember that there's a standard version without Black Jesus, Fashion of His Love, and The Queen...

somechick

Please remember that there's a standard version without Black Jesus, Fashion of His Love, and The Queen...

eww...I love two of those three songs. hahaha

DeleteMyAccount

eww...I love two of those three songs. hahaha

I love them.  Glad they were put on the special edition.

somechick

I love them.  Glad they were put on the special edition.

Well I could have done without The Queen, but the other two, yes. ;)

Archived