Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

If ARTPOP came out in 2011 instead of Born This Way...

Michael

Featured Posts

MonsterRocket

woah calm down. Did you not see me say I was going to see what people were saying? :rip:

Almost everyone who would post here would be unqualified so I didn't lie, but I am still interested in what people think. Anway it's not about what we want from gaga it's what would have happened if... 

lmao :emma:

Well, yes, i understand your point of view. But what i mean is that us, monsters, have a--lyzed Gaga so much, and also know what the GP expects from her and so on, so even if we are not qualified, we may be near from knowing what would happen if lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I would've been a little confused, because ARTPOP sounds more current.

Battle 4 Ur Life

everything would have been different...I had thought of this before...

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

hoodrat

I think BTW came at the perfect time because that album was the one that sealed the deal between her relationship with most of her fans. The fans who were inspired by the BTW era, the ones who identified with her message and persona, are the ones that will stick with her through thick and thin no matter what sound she uses.

So true. I don't think I'd still be here if she didn't release BTW when she did. 

Back during TF and early TFM days she intrigued me and I thought she was a good performer/singer...I was just a casual fan. It wasn't until she began to spread the BTW message during the Monster Ball that I became a huge fan. And you're right, I will be a huge fan 'til the day I die because of that. She could release a hybrid heavy metal/country album and I'd still be here  :emma:

I think that ARTPOP would do better in 2011, because the people would actually listen to the all album.BTW would slay any time, is just an amazing and rich, in terms of instruments.

God I love BTW so much.

VTV

yass... also BTW should be on ARTPOP too if that should happen. and MTN then more redone collab  :worship:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Economy

Btw as an album was fine. She just WAY OVERPROMOTED it with way too many interviews which annoyed people.

On top of that she got way overexposed by the end of TFM because not only were all her songs were hits, but on top of that she was huge on media and stuff. She was everywhere

Her break wasnt that long and ppl were still tired of her when she released Born This Way and over promoting when she was already over-exposed as she was made some ppl get completely over her

Yeah BTW was a controversial song and so was Judas. But that alone didnt make her go down hill. I think the real issue was the over-exposure :shrug:

GagaDragon

So many delusional comments here, yes i think the album would do better with the GP but that's only because her popularity was at its peak. Music wise would have been no different, critics would have bashed it more than they would have now. Now what happens after that is anyone guess, would BTW would have been as successful if it were released last year? i don't think it would have tbh, people would be just as sick of Gaga anyway in todays fast paced music industry.

degenerate

If BTW was released in 2013 she'd be criticized for just "jumping on the gay bandwagon"

aaronyoji

it definitely would've made more artistic sense. it would've been a big step forward for her, but not too much to the point where born this way coming afterwards would feel like a step down. obviously, aura and swine i dont think would have existed, or mjh, but other than that it would've made more sense. cuz i listen to ARTPOP now, and a lot of it sounds like 2010/2011 to me, i feel like its the stepping stone from tfm to born this way. g.u.y and applause, donatella, gypsy, venus, they all have that dated 2010/2011 type production. 

TEANUS

Applause would have SLAYED EVERYTHING WORLDWIDE and would probably be 7x Platinum in US and probably be Diamond status along with Bad Romance. Applause was so easy to like unlike Born This Way. Applause would have shown people the less "weird and crazy" side of Gaga's song writing, showing that she can still be different but not have to write "rah rahs" and "muh muh muh muhs" to still have great catchy songs. A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E and the ARTPOP hand spelling would be iconic. Applause would have sold 10 million+ WW and the music video would probably be passing 500 million views

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

GypsyPrince

So true. I don't think I'd still be here if she didn't release BTW when she did. 

Back during TF and early TFM days she intrigued me and I thought she was a good performer/singer...I was just a casual fan. It wasn't until she began to spread the BTW message during the Monster Ball that I became a huge fan. And you're right, I will be a huge fan 'til the day I die because of that. She could release a hybrid heavy metal/country album and I'd still be here  :emma:

It's also something i identify with a personal level, and even though BTW isn't my favourite album sonically, it'll always be the most special one to me. 

Archived