Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was Gaga out of line?

GypsyHaus

Featured Posts

GypsyHaus

I know it was ages ago, but was Gaga out of line when she shaded Katy about the green hair and horses in her tweet?

I truthfully think it was. I mean, the usage of green hair and horses aren't things gaga has invented :shrug:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paco

Of course she didn't invented the green hair and the mechanical horse, but this is not the only things katy copied, she just said two of them  :ohwell:  It's just the truth, why shouls she shut her mouth, katy perry wouldn't if gaga copied her

Wolf

But gaga is the main reason why all her contemporaries started to dress crazy. If gaga didn't exist, there wouldn't be teenage dream katy, she will just continue with her ootb style. Same goes with nicki minaj, etc...

Tommy Monster

She finally stood up for herself... How long do you think she could hold it after everyone's hate aimed at her, while Copykaty gets praised all the time???

GypsyHaus

Yes, she was. It's just petty. It makes her seem very pretentious.

That's the reason I thought- it seemed childish :(

Gagz

But gaga is the main reason why all her contemporaries started to dress crazy. If gaga didn't exist, there wouldn't be teenage dream katy, she will just continue with her ootb style. Same goes with nicki minaj, etc...

But Gaga didn't say that. It'd be different if Gaga pointed out that she started the crazy-dressing trend. Or if she pointed out that she helped pioneer the re-introduction of dance music to the radio, but she didn't. All she said was that Katy Perry copied her green hair and horse, both of which would probably have existed without Gaga.

I really didn't like it because she gets the exact same things said about her, and she knows how much it hurts.

It's in the past so there's no point really digging it up again but I think above all it was hypocritical in regard to the criticisms she gets for the very same thing :shrug:

JoeMo

It's in the past so there's no point really digging it up again but I think above all it was hypocritical in regard to the criticisms she gets for the very same thing :shrug:

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

HausOfGuy

No. She doesn't have to be and shouldn't be everyones punching bag. Just because she has the whole kindness thing going on doesn't mean she can't stand up for herself

Ya'll should calm the f*ck down geez ... I say again what I've said before, this to me has more to do with the media's double standard than Katy copying Gaga ...

It was stupid and childish. It shows a little jealousy towards Katy Perry's success.

Celina

Yes. I really wish she hadn't tweeted that, but one shady tweet (which wasn't even that rude tbh) doesn't change my opinion of her as a person since it was very uncharacteristic. If it was an everyday thing, then I'd have a problem, but I'm over this.

As far as the comparisons though... I think those are justified at this point. I normally think the whole "copy" thing is BS in the pop world, but to have green hair, mechanical horses, colorful vomit, and a seashell bikini in the span of one show when those are all fairly recent from Gaga is a little fishy. I'm not going to drag Katy for it b/c I have nothing against her (and I have better things to do than spend my time hating on another artist), but I'm glad it's being acknowledged a little since no one else is/was let off the hook for even the vaguest similarities..

It's not about who invented it tho. At least not in every case. Like Apple didn't invent the touchscreen smartphone, but they sure made it a thing. :haha: And also she hardly shaded Katy, she just pointed out something that was true.

Archived