💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was Gaga out of line?

GypsyHaus

Featured Posts

Celina

The thought process of "I want people to get hate because I get hate" isn't cute.

I doubt she wanted people to hate Katy for it, but I can't really blame her for being a little annoyed that this might have gone unnoticed when she could never catch a break from even the silliest comparisons. :shrug:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I'm glad she said something. I happen to agree that nothing Katy has done is remotely original, and she needs to step it up. At least in Gaga's case, her tendency is to take inspiration from the legends. THAT'S how you do it, not stealing from your contemporaries (or a single comic book character).

bionic

Yes she was and she's been judged for it. We've all moved on now :)

buy bionic

djBuffoon

Yes she was and she's been judged for it. We've all moved on now :)

The jury is still out, it seems. lol

djBuffoon

Not really out of line because she can stand up for herself when she wants but it looked really dumb on her part because she is calling out someone for copying but Gaga's career is based on copying others.

Well, that's a superficial way of looking at it. Everyone steals. Everyone. What sets Gaga and any other so-called "original" artist apart is who they're stealing from, what they're stealing, and how successfully they turn it into something new.

Awakened M

How many of these threads do we really need?  :eww:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

I know it was ages ago, but was Gaga out of line when she shaded Katy about the green hair and horses in her tweet?

I truthfully think it was. I mean, the usage of green hair and horses aren't things gaga has invented :shrug:

You're right in that Gaga did not invent green hair and mechanical horses. Nope. Just like how Madonna didn't invent Cone Bras. Or did she...

However it can't be ignored that Katy Perry, while inherently talented, is a cash cow trick pony for Capitol. She is inspired by many things, yet never pays homage. Gaga always pays homage. 

So, to answer you: To a degree it was irresponsible however she's just pointing out a fact that everyone knows: KP is a product of the pop machine. 

LittleBoot

It was pretty hypocritical coming from someone trying to preach a gospel of "online kindness" and came across as petty. Yes, Katy opens herself up to criticisms of copying and plagiarism, but so does Gaga. Stones in glass houses and all that.

Ronk

this to me has more to do with the media's double standard than Katy copying Gaga ...

MTE

And my answer to the OP is NO.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived