What can Gaga do to redeem herself?

Chromatislaps

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

Promote her singles since she claims to care about the music

FULFILL promises that SHE herself makes

Better cohesion and planning in the album concept and execution

Communicate to fans in a more honest and real way

Don't act pretentious as you claim NOT to be Gaga...

:legend:

If she did this, I don't think people(stans mainly) would care as much what she was making as long as she was being up front, honest, and real.

She forces growth sometimes, because she is insecure and that leads to things that are not Gaga, like much of ARTPOP imo. It sounded forced, like she didn't have fun making it and was too worried about being written off as a "pop tart" instead of being herself and confident in her natural abilities. I think that how many times AP was delayed or not turned in illustrate that Gaga wasn't confident in her work. A perfectionist to a fault. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

The usual people wanting Gaga to play by the industry rules, use standard "successful" producers and directors, and ignore her own vision in order to keep her status as pop queen.

Some of you have been trotting out the same complaint since btw I have no idea why you still hang out on a gaga fan board.

All those things you want are the opposite of why I'm a fan. Plenty of plastic dr luke generated crap out there. I'll take Gaga getting puked on performing Swine, thanks.

TimisaMonster

:legend:

If she did this, I don't think people(stans mainly) would care as much what she was making as long as she was being up front, honest, and real.

She forces growth sometimes, because she is insecure and that leads to things that are not Gaga, like much of ARTPOP imo. It sounded forced, like she didn't have fun making it and was too worried about being written off as a "pop tart" instead of being herself and confident in her natural abilities. I think that how many times AP was delayed or not turned in illustrate that Gaga wasn't confident in her work. A perfectionist to a fault. 

This...honesty in your work ethic also needs to be reflected...not just in your music Gaga :ohwell:

I think Gaga took the message of ARTPOP waaaay too seriously and people still don't even get the "concept/movement" behind the title and it made Gaga look like she new the definition of art and was trying to teach her fans and the world a lesson...:awkney:

Gaga worries to much about the music, if such a thing is seen as impossible. Gaga enjoys making music, but I think she tried to please more of her label than anything...the fans enjoyed the music to a certain degree, but hearing Gaga in interviews about how she has no control over singles, wasn't given enough time to execute her vision for things (VMA performance, Second Single Betrayal, DWUW video) , and had terrible management as excuses for why the ARTPOP era went bad isn't ENTIRELY false, yet she never once took any responsibility for AN-Y-THANG! Her only crime in her eyes is that she loved the concept more than the execution tbqh...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

tokyodisko

This...honesty in your work ethic also needs to be reflected...not just in your music Gaga :ohwell:

I think Gaga took the message of ARTPOP waaaay too seriously and people still don't even get the "concept/movement" behind the title and it made Gaga look like she new the definition of art and was trying to teach her fans and the world a lesson... :awkney:

Gaga worries to much about the music, if such a thing is seen as impossible. Gaga enjoys making music, but I think she tried to please more of her label than anything...the fans enjoyed the music to a certain degree, but hearing Gaga in interviews about how she has no control over singles, wasn't given enough time to execute her vision for things (VMA performance, Second Single Betrayal, DWUW video) , and had terrible management as excuses for why the ARTPOP era went bad isn't ENTIRELY false, yet she never once took any responsibility for AN-Y-THANG! Her only crime in her eyes is that she loved the concept more than the execution tbqh...

I feel like her label is content no matter what, she just needs to let herself flow naturally and not spread herself too thin. Her albums don't have to be exceedingly different for them to show growth at all. I do think management with Troy caused issues, but at the same time, like you said... she took no responsibility and that annoyed quite a lot. 

I think the label should make her stick to her deadlines. Like, set up the business aspect of the era first and begin to piece it together with the music as she shows them her progress. 

I do think she took it too seriuosly too. It left us mostly lost. Too many people took it literally as well. And Gaga... she didn't really have a great description or would give cheap answers- "could mean anything" :toofunny:  . I think she's made ARTPOP since TF, so i don't see why she needed to make it a movement- that movement in the pop industry already happened after she blew up. 

giskardsb

THISS !

+ she shouldn't change her style every second day (from weird venusian to gorgeous versace queen. From brunette to neon to blonde in three days.) She should change them as new single arrives. So one single era - one style.

Nobody outside of her fanbase cares. Ask any "GP" and all they'll say is Gaga dresses weird. Her consistency of fashion or lack of it has nothing to do with anything.

TimisaMonster

I feel like her label is content no matter what, she just needs to let herself flow naturally and not spread herself too thin. Her albums don't have to be exceedingly different for them to show growth at all. I do think management with Troy caused issues, but at the same time, like you said... she took no responsibility and that annoyed quite a lot. 

I think the label should make her stick to her deadlines. Like, set up the business aspect of the era first and begin to piece it together with the music as she shows them her progress. 

I do think she took it too seriuosly too. It left us mostly lost. Too many people took it literally as well. And Gaga... she didn't really have a great description or would give cheap answers- "could mean anything" :toofunny:  . I think she's made ARTPOP since TF, so i don't see why she needed to make it a movement- that movement in the pop industry already happened after she blew up. 

That's how Gaga's been from the beginning...she feels that every album has to be an EXTREME in change to show growth. I agree with you in that sometimes it works (TF-TFM) and sometimes it backfires (TFM-BTW). 

If that's even possible, maybe the label isn't strict enough...I can't believe what I'm saying! :duck: Gaga's gotta understand that making music too perfect actually can ruin it. How many times did Gaga turn in ARTPOP and announce it on Instagram? 149092309 times :megaflop: I think the label was getting frustrated with the concept...I don't think even they understood. :smh: The music is great so I don't think that was the problem. 

She basically implied that ARTPOP is unoriginal and a recycled concept everyone is already doing, but I wanted to make a name out of it. :oops:

Stop making songs with fashion as title.

Keep a closer eye on where the music scene is going and do it better.

Fixed.

🌹 free britney 🌹

ryhanna

Honestly, I think Gaga needs to take more risks. She talks up all these big, elaborate ideas like a visual album, the app, Volantis, the fibre optic wig amongst other things, but she either doesn't go through with them or doesn't use them to the potential they could be used. 

Her ideas are so good, and could really push boundaries, but for some reason, she seems to end up playing it safer than she's talked about. :shrug: That might be the fault of her management being afraid for her to go too far and have the risk not pay off, or maybe Gaga simply doesn't have faith in her ideas. Either way, it's a damn shame because she really, REALLY has the potential to create amazing things and she has brilliant ideas that don't always see the light of day. 

tokyodisko

That's how Gaga's been from the beginning...she feels that every album has to be an EXTREME in change to show growth. I agree with you in that sometimes it works (TF-TFM) and sometimes it backfires (TFM-BTW). 

If that's even possible, maybe the label isn't strict enough...I can't believe what I'm saying! :duck: Gaga's gotta understand that making music too perfect actually can ruin it. How many times did Gaga turn in ARTPOP and announce it on Instagram? 149092309 times :megaflop: I think the label was getting frustrated with the concept...I don't think even they understood. :smh: The music is great so I don't think that was the problem. 

She basically implied that ARTPOP is unoriginal and a recycled concept everyone is already doing, but I wanted to make a name out of it. :oops:

hahaha Yeah, it is odd to think that an artist can have too much freedom from a label, but I think they need to keep a leash on Gaga's process rather than her art itself- I do think that it was all Troy and not Interscope. I think ARTPOP was over-worked personally- especially compared to her other releases. I think Gaga was the only one who understood the concept when she worked on it and that Interscope was like "Hey, b---h, your album is out like next month. Give it to us for real this time." I'm shocked they gave her extensions, because they cut it close. lol I think she does her best work without spending too long on it. Art in any medium can easily be over-worked and over-perfected to make it muddled again. You just have to take a step back and get your head right.

TimisaMonster

hahaha Yeah, it is odd to think that an artist can have too much freedom from a label, but I think they need to keep a leash on Gaga's process rather than her art itself- I do think that it was all Troy and not Interscope. I think ARTPOP was over-worked personally- especially compared to her other releases. I think Gaga was the only one who understood the concept when she worked on it and that Interscope was like "Hey, b---h, your album is out like next month. Give it to us for real this time." I'm shocked they gave her extensions, because they cut it close. lol I think she does her best work without spending too long on it. Art in any medium can easily be over-worked and over-perfected to make it muddled again. You just have to take a step back and get your head right.

This...ALL OF THIS! :applause:

Wolf

Be innovative and do a really creative and catchy song/album. With relatable meaning or lyrics that are not generic

Paper Gangsta

Nobody outside of her fanbase cares. Ask any "GP" and all they'll say is Gaga dresses weird. Her consistency of fashion or lack of it has nothing to do with anything.

But she failed to create iconic look. Most of people still remember her as hairbow girl

Archived