💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga put a party song on the next record?

exoskeleton123

Party Song for the next record?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Party Song?

• Yes, Gaga could desperately use a party song
    • No, she is an artist and she can do what she wants

Featured Posts

Travis

I think that ARTPOP as an album will be as close to as "light pop" that Gaga will do again. I think she's done with the whole mainstream thing and is content doing her own thing, whether it brings her success or not.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChavaWM

Party lyrics are so blah tho, I love lyrics like Bloody Mary

Her fun s-xual songs are also written cleverly like Heavy Metal Lover and Sexxx Dreams verses

Gagz

She's proven that she can have hits without releasing party songs (Paparazzi, Born This Way, Edge Of Glory). And, I don't want to drag Katy into this (but I'm going to), but her past five really huge hits, 3 of which were number 1, have not been about partying. Her first single since the. That actually has to do with s-x/partying is not experiencing success. So, I don't think party music is what makes success. Therefore, Gaga doesn't need to make party music, but I wouldn't be against it if she did. I'd be completely here for it.

ChavaWM

It's tough to say, because the album is so all over the place. Donatella is definitely EDM, as is Aura, but imo it's not good EDM. DWUW is more rnb and new wave/industrial than EDM. Venus is more electro pop/disco. Applause was EDM too, I suppose. GUY was electro imo. It's just not exactly as danceable as I think she thought it would be. Not a "bad" album, but when she promised a party/dance album I think it failed to meet a lot of fan expectations in that aspect.  :shrug:

Applause was not EDM at all, it's very pop, probably the most pop song on ARTPOP

tokyodisko

Applause was not EDM at all, it's very pop, probably the most pop song on ARTPOP

There was a lot of EDM influence, but it was also very synth pop. EDM is a big genre.

I would say the popiest on AP was DWUW and maybe GUY or Sexxx Dreams.

Ladey Gagz

the general public responds well to that message in terms of lyrical content. I mean look at Birthday? Why do you think Capitol chose it as a single? It's because it sounds like summer, and it sounds like a fun party. Everyone has a birthday, so everyone can relate to the song. On the actual album, Gaga can put material with

Birthday is being played alot on the radio but isn't selling well. It's been sitting from #50~70 on iTunes. So... bad argument.

ChavaWM

There was a lot of EDM influence, but it was also very synth pop. EDM is a big genre.

I would say the popiest on AP was DWUW and maybe GUY or Sexxx Dreams.

Applause sounds very retro - pop to me, compared to.G.U.Y, G.U.Y. Is much more EDM influenced than Applause

tokyodisko

Applause sounds very retro - pop to me, compared to.G.U.Y, G.U.Y. Is much more EDM influenced than Applause

Interesting, the only thing on Applause that makes me think retro immediately are the verse vocals that sound like Bowie. 

If she woke up tomorrow and cared about the charts and wanted to win the GP over again then sure. I don't care what she releases as long as she continues being her crazy and creative self. She's known for being a pioneer in pop... Not another fall out the club drunk "ooh lemme write a song" chick. Ke$ha was here for that :toofunny:

Interesting, the only thing on Applause that makes me think retro immediately are the verse vocals that sound like Bowie.

I kinda have to agree with the first guy on this one. When I first heard applause I was blasted with a retro feel too. Something about the chorus :confused:

tokyodisko

If she woke up tomorrow and cared about the charts and wanted to win the GP over again then sure. I don't care what she releases as long as she continues being her crazy and creative self. She's known for being a pioneer in pop... Not another fall out the club drunk "ooh lemme write a song" chick. Ke$ha was here for that :toofunny:

I kinda have to agree with the first guy on this one. When I first heard applause I was blasted with a retro feel too. Something about the chorus :confused:

I'll have to listen to it again sometime with that in mind. I haven't listened to the album version in probably a month or two. I usually have the Empire of the Sun remix if I listen to it at all. 

I'll have to listen to it again sometime with that in mind. I haven't listened to the album version in probably a month or two. I usually have the Empire of the Sun remix if I listen to it at all.

Really listen to all the small pieces of production with earbuds or something. Wish I could put my finger on it but there is some kind of retro quality in it

tokyodisko

Really listen to all the small pieces of production with earbuds or something. Wish I could put my finger on it but there is some kind of retro quality in it

I'll definitely do that sometime. I can hear it in her voice near the bridge. 

Miel

haha, see I think her lyrics have actually gotten a lot more bland and less thought out over her albums (for the most part. GUY and MJH are the only lyrically "good" songs on AP imo), so that's interesting. 

Music has changed and it'll always fluctuate in both directions as it is pop music, so I try not to get too attached to one sound. I would love another club/s-x/alien album akin to TF. With fun lyrics and upbeat melodies and hooks. 

I don't care though, like you said, as long as we get Partynauseous. lol 

:)

I agree that ARTPOP's lyrics are... well, they're not bad per se, but I think they're definitely not as clever as TF, as metaphorically deep as TFM, or even as hard hitting and bold as BTW (which, imo, is her peak so far for lyrics). ARTPOP's lyrics aren't bad- some might be a mess, but they're still definitely fun and wtf-worhty (ahem Venus), but imo they don't live up to her writing from before.

I disagree in that they progressively got bland over the albums- I just think they all stemmed off into different directions. Maybe ARTPOP was a plateau, I don't know.

Agree or disagree, opinions aside; I concur- we need Partynauseous!!!

3 points in and ready for more

britneylopez99

If anything, ARTPOP is her most "party" album

MJH, Donatella, GUY, Applause, Swine, Aura, Venus, DWUW are perfect for partying

sonically, yes. but not lyrically 

No it's the same. Poker Face is not a song that's for parties lyrically but it can work. 

not even though, the lyrics on ARTPOP almost feel as if they try too hard at some points

Archived