💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga put a party song on the next record?

exoskeleton123

Party Song for the next record?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Party Song?

• Yes, Gaga could desperately use a party song
    • No, she is an artist and she can do what she wants

Featured Posts

How do you figure that?

Are you being sarcastic? :rip: Sorry, just can't identify sarcasm often

The album is pure EDM, Electronic Dance Music

Listen to instrumentals, ARTPOP is full of club bangers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily

YES

the beats on ARTPOP were made for this type of lyrics, not sitting on lyres and hybrid bricks or some **** :awkney:

:dies:

One Banned Boi

Gagz

I'm not sure how Poker Face is a party song, if we're judging it based on lyrics? And if we're not judging the lyrics, then a lot of ARTPOP could be considered party songs.

tokyodisko

Are you being sarcastic? :rip: Sorry, just can't identify sarcasm often

The album is pure EDM, Electronic Dance Music

Listen to instrumentals, ARTPOP is full of club bangers

haha No, not sarcastic. The instrumentals are mostly good, but I don't really think they are club bangers. At least not any clubs I've been too. The music is too slow and uninspired imo for it be a banger album with the exception of a couple songs. TF and TFM were her biggest party albums imo, even BTW for the most part.

Miel

Na.

That's why I think Partynauseous would smash. The lyrics are about getting drunk and high, but there is also a deeper meaning. It's a good blend rather than going too far in a serious direction. She needs to push the boundaries of pop dance music again. Not follow them. 

Gaga is best at writing party music like TF tbh, so I'd welcome it back for another album. It's not like her style will remain the same if she does, but no doubt BTW fans will be pissed.  :toofunny:

I would be pretty turned off if she went back to TF writing. I mean, all that lyrical and musical evolution just for a devolution? Then again, super huge BTW stan here.

Though, I do think Partynauseous is amazing and would do awesome, so we got something to agree with.

3 points in and ready for more

exoskeleton123

I'm not saying the entire record has to be full of "let's party, let's get ****ed up, woo d--gs, woo drink" type of songs, but the general public responds well to that message in terms of lyrical content. I mean look at Birthday? Why do you think Capitol chose it as a single? It's because it sounds like summer, and it sounds like a fun party. Everyone has a birthday, so everyone can relate to the song. On the actual album, Gaga can put material with more substance but for singles she can release more lighthearted material. 

Part of the problem with the ARTPOP era in general, I think besides some of the music is her own image. One way to make the image better, is to make songs which make her look better to the general public. A party song is an easy way to appeal to the general public. Another way for Gaga to have a better image is for her simply to higher a better PR because frankly her PR this era has been complete and utter ****. Look at Beyonce's PR? 

tokyodisko

I'm not sure how Poker Face is a party song, if we're judging it based on lyrics? And if we're not judging the lyrics, then a lot of ARTPOP could be considered party songs.

Poker Face is about s-x. Sex = party music usually. The beat was more intense than most of ARTPOP though, so I think that's why it was a bit different. 

I'm not saying the entire record has to be full of "let's party, let's get ****ed up, woo d--gs, woo drink" type of songs, but the general public responds well to that message in terms of lyrical content. I mean look at Birthday? Why do you think Capitol chose it as a single? It's because it sounds like summer, and it sounds like a fun party. Everyone has a birthday, so everyone can relate to the song. On the actual album, Gaga can put material with more substance but for singles she can release more lighthearted material. 

Part of the problem with the ARTPOP era in general, I think besides some of the music is her own image. One way to make the image better, is to make songs which make her look better to the general public. A party song is an easy way to appeal to the general public. Another way for Gaga to have a better image is for her simply to higher a better PR because frankly her PR this era has been complete and utter ****. Look at Beyonce's PR? 

YEEEEEES. I agree. I think she could find a balance and stick to it. There is nothing wrong with radio hits and pop/party music at all as long as it is well made. 

haha No, not sarcastic. The instrumentals are mostly good, but I don't really think they are club bangers. At least not any clubs I've been too. The music is too slow and uninspired imo for it be a banger album with the exception of a couple songs. TF and TFM were her biggest party albums imo, even BTW for the most part.

Swine would slays clubs if they ever got it in their hands :usrs:

exoskeleton123

I think an indie pop or eurodisco or R&B direction for the next record would slay. This is all assuming ACT II is released either on the app or this year before Cheek to Cheek which is dropping in the fall. 

So what genre do you think ARTPOP is? Idk, for me not any other Gaga song (except for PN) can top Donatella's craziness and club spirit. Aura's verses are crazy EDM for parties, Venus is a cheerful song you can dance to, DWUW synths rock the song, Applause' energy is bursting, GUY's fierce synths blow me away. Gaga herself said that after BTW she wanted a party record where you can dance all your insecurities and bad memories away

tokyodisko

Na.

I would be pretty turned off if she went back to TF writing. I mean, all that lyrical and musical evolution just for a devolution? Then again, super huge BTW stan here.

Though, I do think Partynauseous is amazing and would do awesome, so we got something to agree with.

haha, see I think her lyrics have actually gotten a lot more bland and less thought out over her albums (for the most part. GUY and MJH are the only lyrically "good" songs on AP imo), so that's interesting. 

Music has changed and it'll always fluctuate in both directions as it is pop music, so I try not to get too attached to one sound. I would love another club/s-x/alien album akin to TF. With fun lyrics and upbeat melodies and hooks. 

I don't care though, like you said, as long as we get Partynauseous. lol 

Swine would slays clubs if they ever got it in their hands :usrs:

I feel like it would do okay as a remix, but I think Fashion would actually slay harder. Swine would be good  for clubs if it had a more apparent mid tone, I think. 

WheresTheDoggo

Venus is a good song to party to but yes she does need to add a bit more party vibe to some songs, not exactly like Just Dance and Poker Face but similar to that maybe even similar to Boys Boys Boys or something :party:

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Gagz

Poker Face is about s-x. Sex = party music usually. The beat was more intense than most of ARTPOP though, so I think that's why it was a bit different.

True.

tokyodisko

So what genre do you think ARTPOP is? Idk, for me not any other Gaga song (except for PN) can top Donatella's craziness and club spirit. Aura's verses are crazy EDM for parties, Venus is a cheerful song you can dance to, DWUW synths rock the song, Applause' energy is bursting, GUY's fierce synths blow me away. Gaga herself said that after BTW she wanted a party record where you can dance all your insecurities and bad memories away

It's tough to say, because the album is so all over the place. Donatella is definitely EDM, as is Aura, but imo it's not good EDM. DWUW is more rnb and new wave/industrial than EDM. Venus is more electro pop/disco. Applause was EDM too, I suppose. GUY was electro imo. It's just not exactly as danceable as I think she thought it would be. Not a "bad" album, but when she promised a party/dance album I think it failed to meet a lot of fan expectations in that aspect.  :shrug:

Archived