ultraviolent

Single or Nah?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Single Or Nah?

• SLAY!
    • NAY!

Featured Posts

LordDisick

Applause was played way more decently on radio than any of the post-Born This Way Born This Way singles. Wtf.

I'm talking about quality. Do What U Want and GUY may not have done well but they were good choices at least. Out of everything from the Born This Way album I thought they did a terrible job at choosing the singles.

oh i understand

but honestly what other btw songs couldve been singles   :toofunny:  unless u mean the order

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

I am too...I listen to radio all day and all the time...I would know what I'm talking about :manicure:

And I wouldn't? Lol The Born This Way-era was like the first era I paid complete attention to Gaga and everything that went down. You and I was not a big song here on Top 40 radio. I think I heard it at the gas station once since 2011 a few months ago and literally in 2011 I only heard it on kiis fm once and on a playlist at the LA County Fair.

TimisaMonster

And I wouldn't? Lol The Born This Way-era was like the first era I paid complete attention to Gaga and everything that went down. You and I was not a big song here on Top 40 radio. I think I heard it at the gas station once since 2011 a few months ago and literally in 2011 I only heard it on kiis fm once and on a playlist at the LA County Fair.

Wow...do you ONLY listen to KIIS FM? It's not the only station in LA that played the song...Just because YOU didn't hear it a lot doesn't mean it wasn't...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

blacklistedd

oh i understand

but honestly what other btw songs couldve been singles   :toofunny:  unless u mean the order

Sheisse, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, and Electric Chapel were the songs from the record that should have been the pool to choose from as singles (I think TEOG and MTN would've had more success if the singles that came before it were any of the other options). I mean Sheisse was such an obvious smash.

Judas, You and I, and Born This Way were obviously not going to be very popular imo and of course they weren't. I mean Born This way did well because of her hype and it being the lead single from the record but it was panned and criticized mercilessly by just about everyone. I still think its one of her weaker songs.

Wow...do you ONLY listen to KIIS FM? It's not the only station in LA that played the song...Just because YOU didn't hear it a lot doesn't mean it wasn't...

Uh no. I don't only listen to kiis fm, I listen to just about every station. And if you want me to give you 104.3 but I wouldn't brag about that. Thats like the dentist office waiting room station, they play P!nk and Kelly Clarkson all day. It doesn't mean it was successful. And they don't play it at all anymore. The only single from the Born This Way-era that i'd say matters is The Edge of Glory and even then that hardly gets any radio rotation at all compared to Paparazzi, Just Dance, and Bad Romance and those don't even get a lot of rotation.

TimisaMonster

Sheisse, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, and Electric Chapel were the songs from the record that should have been the pool to choose from as singles (I think TEOG and MTN would've had more success if the singles that came before it were any of the other options). I mean Sheisse was such an obvious smash.

Judas, You and I, and Born This Way were obviously not going to be very popular imo and of course they weren't. I mean Born This way did well because of her hype and it being the lead single from the record but it was panned and criticized mercilessly by just about everyone. I still think its one of her weaker songs.

Uh no. I don't only listen to kiis fm, I listen to just about every station. And if you want me to give you 104.3 but I wouldn't brag about that. Thats like the dentist office waiting room station, they play P!nk and Kelly Clarkson all day. It doesn't mean it was successful. And they don't play it at all anymore. The only single from the Born This Way-era that i'd say matters is The Edge of Glory and even then that hardly gets any radio rotation at all compared to Paparazzi, Just Dance, and Bad Romance and those don't even get a lot of rotation.

104.3 is dentist office waiting room music????...you mean 103.5... :awkney:

I'm not doubting that The Edge of Glory is the most played BTW era single NOW, but You and I had a good run back in the day...We can't speak for every station and every state...we only live here. :smh:

blacklistedd

104.3 is dentist office waiting room music????...you mean 103.5... :awkney:

I'm not doubting that The Edge of Glory is the most played BTW era single NOW, but You and I had a good run back in the day...We can't speak for every station and every state...we only live here. :smh:

YES 104.3 is dentist waiting room music as is 103.5.

I paid hardcore attention to her back then, if You and I genuinely had a good run at the time I wouldn't lie about it. It didn't.

TimisaMonster

YES 104.3 is dentist waiting room music as is 103.5.

I paid hardcore attention to her back then, if You and I genuinely had a good run at the time I wouldn't lie about it. It didn't.

Nvm...you act like You and I was MTN :later:

blacklistedd

Nvm...you act like You and I was MTN :later:

No. I don't. Clearly it was more successful than MTN and Judas. But that doesn't mean it was one of the era's saving grace's either. I can only give that to The Edge of Glory. Some say Born This Way but it was so mercilessly criticized and hated especially by the community it was meant to support. I attribute its success to her hype and not to the song itself. But on paper its one of her most popular songs.

TimisaMonster

No. I don't. Clearly it was more successful than MTN and Judas. But that doesn't mean it was one of the era's saving grace's either. I can only give that to The Edge of Glory. Some say Born This Way but it was so mercilessly criticized and hated especially by the community it was meant to support. I attribute its success to her hype and not to the song itself. But on paper its one of her most popular songs.

Archived