ultraviolent

Single or Nah?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Single Or Nah?

• SLAY!
    • NAY!

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

At least they were all played on radio decently and ALL got music videos... :reductive:

Applause was played way more decently on radio than any of the post-Born This Way Born This Way singles. Wtf.

um please find guy on the charts for me

I'm talking about quality. Do What U Want and GUY may not have done well but they were good choices at least. Out of everything from the Born This Way album I thought they did a terrible job at choosing the singles.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Applause was played way more decently on radio than any of the post-Born This Way Born This Way singles. Wtf.

I'm talking about quality. Do What U Want and GUY may not have done well but they were good choices at least. Out of everything from the Born This Way album I thought they did a terrible job at choosing the singles.

Yet you talk about ONE single off ARTPOP and leave out DWUW which never got a video and G.U.Y. isn't even played on radio...:ohwell:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

blacklistedd

On topic though, I think partynauseous is fun I guess but as a single? hell no.

blacklistedd

Yet you talk about ONE single off ARTPOP and leave out DWUW which never got a video and G.U.Y. isn't even played on radio... :ohwell:

First of all I didn't leave out anything. Do What U Want got some radio play, but the thing is in the first place I didnt associate your comment with chart positions. I immediately went to quality. The single choices off ARTPOP trump the single choices from Born This Way.

Besides, im so over monsters acting like You and I and The Edge of Glory were like bonafied smashes or something. I didn't hear You and I on the radio longer than a week and even then I only heard it like once....The Edge of Glory was a minimal success albeit on the radio I guess more of a success than any single after Applause.

MJHolland

s-xxx dreams is the summer saviour of this era

Gypsy says hi

Not when Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Swine, and Gypsy are still out there.

I'd say Venus and ARTPOP (and MANiCURE) are all out of the running because they were in the GUY video. I just get the feeling Interscope would OK those songs because they want videos for them specifically and I don't think having a song a two videos is a smart move. GUY's video, for me at least, was to jam a whole lot of visual content into one package to finish out the era/make up for the blackout and no DWUW video. 

TimisaMonster

First of all I didn't leave out anything. Do What U Want got some radio play, but the thing is in the first place I didnt associate your comment with chart positions. I immediately went to quality. The single choices off ARTPOP trump the single choices from Born This Way.

Besides, im so over monsters acting like You and I and The Edge of Glory were like bonafied smashes or something. I didn't hear You and I on the radio longer than a week and even then I only heard it like once....The Edge of Glory was a minimal success albeit on the radio I guess more of a success than any single after Applause.

Quality...the singles of ARTPOP are better. However, to undermine the success of You and I and the Edge of Glory. Those songs did really well and are still played on radio today. They even still use those songs to use on many singing competition shows around the world. 

blacklistedd

Quality...the singles of ARTPOP are better. However, to undermine the success of You and I and the Edge of Glory. Those songs did really well and are still played on radio today. They even still use those songs to use on many singing competition shows around the world. 

The Edge of Glory fine, I still think monsters overexaggerate it some, but fine.

Not You and I though. Maybe in some sections of middle america. But even then its success is so marginal I don't even think it matters.

TimisaMonster

The Edge of Glory fine, I still think monsters overexaggerate it.

Not You and I. Maybe in some sections of middle america. But even then its success is so marginal I don't even think it matters.

You and I was played like crazy over here in California like Katy Perry's Dark Horse...:ohwell:

blacklistedd

You and I was played like crazy over here in California like Katy Perry's Dark Horse... :ohwell:

I'm in Los Angeles and it was most certainly NOT played like crazy and not even close to Dark Horse. I don't even....wow..straight up lying.

TimisaMonster

I'm in Los Angeles and it was most certainly NOT played like crazy and not even close to Dark Horse. I don't even....wow..straight up lying.

I am too...I listen to radio all day and all the time...I would know what I'm talking about :manicure:

Gagz

She could just slip it onto new copies of the album like Shakira did with Hips Don't Lie.

Archived