Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga begin to follow radio trends?

Emvee

Featured Posts

Emvee

Cause, let's be honest, radio is not gonna play her music if it doesn't sound like the rest of the songs they play.

People always say Gaga is losing her audience because of her image, but that's bull****.

It's the music.

ARTPOP is good, but it's a sore thumb. It's an ugly duckling. It's unglamorous, because it doesn't try to b anything specific. Which is fine, artistically, but not fine commercially.

Or is this it? Should she make what she wants and forget about ever being pop again.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PdogtheDaibutsu

Yeah but it's more of her single choices and the timing/promotion of them.

degenerate

Cause, let's be honest, radio is not gonna play her music if it doesn't sound like the rest of the songs they play.

People always say Gaga is losing her audience because of her image, but that's bull****.

It's the music.

ARTPOP is good, but it's a sore thumb. It's an ugly duckling. It's unglamorous, because it doesn't try to be.

Or is this it? Should she make what she wants and forget about ever being pop again.

But trends are always changing so you never know when she'll come out ahead of the game. It's not like ARTPOP automatically deems her behind the times. Anything could happen

Electric Venus

she should make what she wants, and yes people hating her and not taking her seriously is a massive problem :manicure:

GagaDragon

Disagree, she lost a lot of people due to her image...like all these straight dudes i know who used to like her stop liking her after BTW.

Though i do agree that the music on ARTPOP just wasn't that good.

Emvee

It's not timing. It's not promotion.

Many songs shoot up the iTunes Charts without promo or radio play.

mariomania1234

NO. We already have enough "artists" who conform. That's not who Gaga is. 

Ikvs

Hmmm no, I like the path she is taking right now... I don't want her to change it.

Morphine Prince

No. Instead she should try to create trends like she did in 2009-2010.

HausOfAntonio

No I want her to do whatever the hell she wants to do.

Ikvs

No. Instead she should try to create trends like she did in 2009-2010.

I don't think she can do that anymore. I mean, usually breakthrough artists create and start trends (just like Gaga, Lorde, Pharell...). I dunno :shrug:

Funny. Isn't one of the reasons radio's liked her music at first is because it sounded different than the rest of the songs they play?

When will people understand she got famous by doing her own thing and not copying others. She was labelled "the future of pop" for a reason.

Emvee

Disagree, she lost a lot of people due to her image...like all these straight dudes i know who used to like her stop liking her after BTW.

Yeah, because of the MUSIC on BTW.

Everyone I knew was pretty much ok with Gaga being weird and gay, but the music was not appealing anymore. (At least the singles)

Gaga had built up a reputation of making good, catchy, trendy music - regardless of her appearance. She was ugly. She was a man. She was weird, but at least she made "good music."

TimisaMonster

This...it's actually not the music...she just doesn't promote it (her fault and the team) and she doesn't choose the singles (Interscopes fault). If anything it's Interscopes fault that they choose the singles and they should know what's gonna commercially appropriate for radio :tea:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived