Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga begin to follow radio trends?

Emvee

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I don't think she can do that anymore. I mean, usually breakthrough artists create and start trends (just like Gaga, Lorde, Pharell...). I dunno :shrug:

She can IF she creates something totally new.

And Pharell isn't really new. His productions have geeatly influenced music in the past decade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Didn't she say that the songs on ARTPOP were designed to be radio hits? :confused:

Morphine Prince

And also, I think for BTW the problem was her image + music.

Now it's her promotion + image.

Emvee

No. Instead she should try to create trends like she did in 2009-2010.

:fail: too many little monsters are under the false impression that Gaga started the dance pop trend.

That was gonna happen with or WITHOUT her and she knows it. The reason why she's considered a pioneer is because she caught wind of it early enough. "This is the next big thing" is the quote more or less.

Morphine Prince

Didn't she say that the songs on ARTPOP were designed to be radio hits? :confused:

If it was released in 2012 they would have been even bigger. The scene changed mid- 2013.

GagaDragon

Yeah, because of the MUSIC on BTW.

Everyone I knew was pretty much ok with Gaga being weird and gay, but the music was not appealing anymore. (At least the singles)

Gaga had built up a reputation of making good, catchy, trendy music - regardless of her appearance. She was ugly. She was a man. She was weird, but at least she made "good music."

Well everyone you know doesn't represent everyone out there, i'm sure the music did have a part in her losing some fans but so did her image. People got sick of her mostly not her music.

Emvee

Jfc :lmao: no amount of promotion can make a song a hit if it's not meant to be one. DWUW had TONS of American promo and it never made it back onto iTunes top 10

13VictorC

No. Instead she should try to create trends like she did in 2009-2010.

And she could really do that again if she wanted.

Tokyo Rose

She did follow trends on ARTPOP:

Many of the songs are extremely s-xual onebit_34.png

70's pop influences on Venus, Sexxx Dreams, and Fashion! onebit_34.png

The buildup on Donatella and Applause sounds similar to popular pop songs in 2012 and 2013 onebit_34.png

R&B and Hip Hop Influences on Jewels n Drugs and Do What U Want onebit_34.png

Acoustic Guitar with Electronic Beats on Venus and Gypsy  onebit_34.png

Morphine Prince

:fail: too many little monsters are under the false impression that Gaga started the dance pop trend.

That was gonna happen with or WITHOUT her and she knows it. The reason why she's considered a pioneer is because she caught wind of it early enough. "This is the next big thing" is the quote more or less.

Yes, exactly. But regardless, she is a pioneer.

What is the next big thing now? If she releases whatever that is, she will have hits. I never meant that she began that trend, she was just one of the first, therefore it's like she started the trend.

Haroon

If it was released in 2012 they would have been even bigger. The scene changed mid- 2013.

Ahhh I see :omg: I guess that would explain a lot :noparty:

To answer the OP, I don't think she should sacrifice what she wants to do for the radio, but I also think it wouldn't hurt to have a few radio-friendly songs in her albums to keep some interest so she can bait people into her amazing discography and open their eyes into the spectacular world of Gaga  :party:

Gagz

Knowing that it's the next big thing and capitalizing on it before anybody else is basically the same as pioneering it.

Emvee

Yes, exactly. But regardless, she is a pioneer.

What is the next big thing now? If she releases whatever that is, she will have hits. I never meant that she began that trend, she was just one of the first, therefore it's like she started the trend.

And this is kinda what I meant too. ARTPOP obviously didn't care about what was next. It only cared about what it wanted to be.

Should she get her mf binoculars out now and look ahead? What's the next big thing? What will be big in 2015? It needs to be just right.

Sizzily

She shouldn't give up her integrity just to get on the charts.

One Banned Boi

Archived