💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why is Gaga paying Conchita Wurst dust?

yxi

Featured Posts

It is mainly big in Eastern countries.... From where I'm from, the contest has been the subject of mockery for decades and has lost all relevancy. And quite honestly, it's just a festival of the most cheesy and ridiculous performances.... I respect the people who enjoy it, I like the notion of unity it brings. But quite franky, it's of very bad taste.... To the French, this contest is one big hell of a joke. I mean, have you seen what my country has sent to the contest this year? :deadbanana:

Not just Eastern Europe. Eurovision is HUGE all over Scandinavia, and all the way down to Germany. Over the past decade the contest has rejuvinated itself here, and the prestige it had in the old days is slowly coming back.  Being on Euovision is taken seriously again here, and the competition is pretty tough. 

And Scandinavian Eurovision contestants from the past few years have pretty strong careers going for them at home thanks to it. Loreen, Margaret Berger, Alexander Rybak, ...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RyanBall

It is mainly big in Eastern countries.... From where I'm from, the contest has been the subject of mockery for decades and has lost all relevancy. And quite honestly, it's just a festival of the most cheesy and ridiculous performances.... I respect the people who enjoy it, I like the notion of unity it brings. But quite franky, it's of very bad taste.... To the French, this contest is one big hell of a joke. I mean, have you seen what my country has sent to the contest this year? :deadbanana:

I have to second this. The competition is no longer about talent it's much more about politics between the countries than anything else. A drag artist winning Eurovision doesn't necessarily show growing acceptance of the LGBT community. People voted for Conchita purely because of the face value of the performance, do people really think the majority of the voting public were voting for LGBT equality or exposure? It would be nice to believe this to be the case though.

elijahfan

Not just Eastern Europe. Eurovision is HUGE all over Scandinavia, and all the way down to Germany. Over the past decade the contest has rejuvinated itself here, and the prestige it had in the old days is slowly coming back.  Being on Euovision is taken seriously again here, and the competition is pretty tough. 

And Scandinavian Eurovision contestants from the past few years have pretty strong careers going for them at home thanks to it. Loreen, Margaret Berger, Alexander Rybak, ...

There are so many AMAZING artists in Scandinavia..... Why don't they send Röyksopp? Robyn? Lykke Li? iamamiwhoami?

vertigostick

But quite franky, it's of very bad taste.... To the French, this contest is one big hell of a joke. I mean, have you seen what my country has sent to the contest this year? :deadbanana:

Tbh the French haven't taken this contest seriously for DECADES now!.... But it's an exception in Europe, most countries/regions like the UK, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany, etc. love and respect this show. The French have always been a bit "special" about this and thought they were "too good" for sinking "this low", but it's a very pretentious distorted way of seeing things. (I know it, I come from France too)

MonsterMum

Tbh the French haven't taken this contest seriously for DECADES now!.... But it's an exception in Europe, most countries/regions like the UK, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany, etc. love and respect this show. The French have always been a bit "special" about this and thought they were "too good" for sinking "this low", but it's a very pretentious distorted way of seeing things. (I know it, I come from France too)

I dunno where you got this from but in NL it's not done to openly display your love for ESC. It's only ok if you're a woman or gay and seen as a joke mostly. It's only that we've been doing OK the last 2 years and Poland had big tits on display that it got more viewers then before. 

Slayer

Lesbihonest, she might not even know about it. It's not front page news in America and she's probably too busy to be browsing the Internet in the middle of a tour.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Daredevil

Eurovision is NOT irrelevant. One of two TV channel plays it here in Switzerland and even radio stations.

I loved watching Eurovision when I was a kid. We would have a family dinner with my aunt and my uncle and watch it. My favorite song was Hard rock hallelujah by Lordi :legend:

elijahfan

Agreed, I guess.... But to me, the Eurovision is just a bad taste fest. If I found the music good, I would watch :shrug:

ChavaWM

Cause Conchita's some random Eurovision entry who won't be relevant in a week or two, I'm sick of her bloody beard already

I didn't wanna say anything since everyone is riding her D, but I'm so disturbed by the beard

Extremely disturbed.

GagaDragon

FFS Gaga has her own life and can do what she wants, some of you "fans" need to stop being such pansies when it comes to her not doing something you want her to do. She's a human being like the rest of us, not some ****ing super hero.

TimisaMonster

Gaga's not in the BTW era where this type of situation would only help promote the message of her album...and she supports them, but I really don't get the hype around him...I think it's just blown out of proportion and he's the new "it" person to say you look up to or know about...:shrug:

ShadyGa is really digging on twitter...:teehee:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Conchita said in an interview that Gaga tweeted her "Conchita Wurst, you complete me".

Archived