💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why is Gaga paying Conchita Wurst dust?

yxi

Featured Posts

RyanBall

Because dust is all Conchita's going to be getting when she fades away in a week or two. Europe was mostly already tolerant and accepting of the LGBT movement in pretty much whatever form it takes, apart from Russia that is.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Believe me, it's not that big anymore in many European countries... I mean..... have you seen the performances? :toofunny: This contest has fallen into irrelevancy a long time ago tbh.

Well, I am not really following the show except when t.A.T.u. and Anggun was there.

But I think I can understand. Maybe needed for revamp?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DrewStevens

NFL is irrelevant outside of North America :teehee:

But Michael Sam is more relevant on the news with 351,000,000 results against 152,000,000 results of Conchita Wurst. And Gaga is in the US where Eurovision hasn't been relevant since Euphoria.  :fan:

But Michael Sam is more relevant on the news with 351,000,000 results against 152,000,000 results of Conchita Wurst. And Gaga is in the US where Eurovision hasn't been relevant since Euphoria.  :fan:

That's because the majority of the internet is american oriented :ohwell: But I was only making a point, I don't expect Gaga to talk about Conchita although given how she's into anything considered gay I expect she knows about her.

Rich Kid

Who cares? The point isn't her being a new trend that you'd like to reject because it's so cool to act like a pseudo-hipster, blindly rejecting everything that's 'trendy'.

The point is: in the current political state of Eastern Europe, having her winning the Eurovision is quite the symbol. It's a symbolic step towards - let's hope - a more tolerant Europe. Now how about acting clever and seeing things that way?

She's not from Eastern Europe though..she's from Austria.

Europe is already pretty LGBT tolerant and her winning some floppy competition doesn't mean anything, most people voted for her cause they found her funny, which isn't what equality is about. She'll disappear back into obscurity next week anyway.

I have no idea who this Conchita person is, maybe Gaga doesn't either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaolVEJEjV4

Now get your life

ZaRQ0a.gif

RAMROD

Europe was mostly already tolerant and accepting of the LGBT movement

in pretty much whatever form it takes, apart from Russia that is.

May I add Russia and Eastern EU countries :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DrewStevens

That's because the majority of the internet is american oriented :ohwell: But I was only making a point, I don't expect Gaga to talk about Conchita although given how she's into anything considered gay I expect she knows about her.

I know what you meant but it would be more logical to see Gaga talking about an american openly gay football player who kissed a man on tv, than a winner of song contest in Europe.

Believe me, it's not that big anymore in many European countries... I mean..... have you seen the performances? :toofunny: This contest has fallen into irrelevancy a long time ago tbh.

Excuse me?

Conchita-Wurst-011.jpg

lol Eurovision is HUGE. It's the biggest broadcasted event in Europe! An insane number of people watch it and love it. 

It unites Europe in a way the EU can only dream of.  :whitney:

And it's still producing great songs every year! 2012's Euphooooooria!, 2009's Fairytale - which holds the record for most points ever given on the show, btw. Eurovision is going strong

The standard of show production and music has gotten higher the last few years, and so has the prestige around it. :kissga: 

I mean, did you see the show this year? dat

stage:gaga:

I think the future for Eurovision is bright! Eurovision is fabulous!

And its a great way for Europeans to discover new European music, and for European musicians to get their careers started.

It's not big because most Europeans would be embarrassed to admit they watch it. But statistically it's the most watched event in Europe and the most watched musical contest in the entire planet. I'd like to think with improvements in music quality the winners might become a force in the music industry as well or at least have a hit or two. Loreen was close with Euphoria.

VforVendetta

There is no doubt that the quality in Eurovision has fallen drastically.

elijahfan

She's not from Eastern Europe though..she's from Austria.

Europe is already pretty LGBT tolerant and her winning some floppy competition doesn't mean anything, most people voted for her cause they found her funny, which isn't what equality is about. She'll disappear back into obscurity next week anyway.

Check a map... All the countries at the East of Germany are geographically and culturally considered Eastern Europe.

Also, this is the part of Europe where the Eurovision is still big. Did you know that Putin himself has addressed Conchita's involvment in the contest, asking for her to be banned from the competition? Meaning: Eurovision is big enough in this part of the world to be addressed by the President of one of the world's most powerful countries.... Maybe with a little bit of context, you'll understand in what way Conchita's win is important.

I have nothing against you, but you're viewing the issue with your own occidental culture and that's not the way to a--lyse it. Talking about it in terms of 'trends" and 'floppy contests' is totally irrelevant here.

elijahfan

Excuse me?

Conchita-Wurst-011.jpg

lol Eurovision is HUGE. It's the biggest broadcasted event in Europe! An insane number of people watch it and love it. 

It unites Europe in a way the EU can only dream of.  :whitney:

And it's still producing great songs every year! 2012's Euphooooooria!, 2009's Fairytale - which holds the record for most points ever given on the show, btw. Eurovision is going strong

The standard of show production and music has gotten higher the last few years, and so has the prestige around it. :kissga: 

I mean, did you see the show this year? dat

stage:gaga:

I think the future for Eurovision is bright! Eurovision is fabulous!

And its a great way for Europeans to discover new European music, and for European musicians to get their careers started.

It is mainly big in Eastern countries.... From where I'm from, the contest has been the subject of mockery for decades and has lost all relevancy. And quite honestly, it's just a festival of the most cheesy and ridiculous performances.... I respect the people who enjoy it, I like the notion of unity it brings. But quite franky, it's of very bad taste.... To the French, this contest is one big hell of a joke. I mean, have you seen what my country has sent to the contest this year? :deadbanana:

Archived