💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Appreciating Do What U Want... (And what could have been)

boobtank

Featured Posts

It's such a beautiful song with tons and tons of relatable meaning. I don't know how more people didn't like it.. Really it's a travesty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko

Should've been the lead single. Would've done better than Applause. Would've been a PERFECT segway into the era instead of that koons art **** that no one understood. Would've showed the GP a whole new side of Gaga with incredible Xtina-esque vocals they've never heard from her. Would've been a multi-format smash with the solo version to Pop and R-Kelly version to Rhythmic. Would've gone top 3, probably #1 on billboard with a good video. Would've been an entirely different situation on our hands with the ARTPOP era if she had released this first and not alienated the GP with pretentious art stuff. That could've come later down the road. Sad sad sad.

I agree with this unfortunately.....

VforVendetta

I am not a big fan of the song but ut could have become much bigger, the public loved the song.

ryhanna

One of my favourite songs from the album and it deserved to really shine more than it did.

Honestly, that's probably the most disappointing thing about the era... That Gaga gave up on or never even really wanted it as a single when it could have been huge. :emo:

Pain of fame1

Should've been the lead single. Would've done better than Applause. Would've been a PERFECT segway into the era instead of that koons art **** that no one understood. Would've showed the GP a whole new side of Gaga with incredible Xtina-esque vocals they've never heard from her. Would've been a multi-format smash with the solo version to Pop and R-Kelly version to Rhythmic. Would've gone top 3, probably #1 on billboard with a good video. Would've been an entirely different situation on our hands with the ARTPOP era if she had released this first and not alienated the GP with pretentious art stuff. That could've come later down the road. Sad sad sad.

Should've been the lead single. Would've done better than Applause. Would've been a PERFECT segway into the era instead of that koons art **** that no one understood. Would've showed the GP a whole new side of Gaga with incredible Xtina-esque vocals they've never heard from her. Would've been a multi-format smash with the solo version to Pop and R-Kelly version to Rhythmic. Would've gone top 3, probably #1 on billboard with a good video. Would've been an entirely different situation on our hands with the ARTPOP era if she had released this first and not alienated the GP with pretentious art stuff. That could've come later down the road. Sad sad sad.THIS.

THIS. Billboar sait it would have been the Bad Romance of 2014 if treated properly! And that it was one of gaga's best songs.

boobtank

Imagine if she had 3 different videos for it, solo, with Xtina and with R.kelly (but not with Terry as director  :millie: ).

:worship:

Wet Fire

The album version with Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Xtina version.

The melody of the song doesn't blossom perfectly in the Xtina version. The 2nd pre-chorus, chorus and outro sound less amazing than the album version. Plus, Kelly is an R&B legend and he kills it in the album version. Gaga's voice fits with his perfectly.

aquaprincess

Bless this thread. I love DWUW sooo much. I think it is my favorite song of hers overall. You can feel the emotion in her voice. And her vocals never sounded better IMO. And r Kelly on it just brings the song to a whole other level. I really would have loved to see a video for it. Whether or not it would've helped the song to chart, we'll never really know. But as a Stan for the song, would've been nice to see. :cry:

boobtank

Bless this thread. I love DWUW sooo much. I think it is my favorite song of hers overall. You can feel the emotion in her voice. And her vocals never sounded better IMO. And r Kelly on it just brings the song to a whole other level. I really would have loved to see a video for it. Whether or not it would've helped the song to chart, we'll never really know. But as a Stan for the song, would've been nice to see. :cry:

Glad I'm not alone lol hopefully a video is released eventually

I'm pissed about that !

Everybody loved the song !

She even sings it in half at the show this is ridiulous !

Edge of Glory #2 but even more dissapoining :( :( :(

My friends, who roll their eyes on Gaga stuff actually loved this song. We sang it together through out our trip in Copenhagen >_>

wahkeenasitka

It deserved to be a huge hit. She shot herself in the foot with that one.

Probably the saddest moment in her career. The song deserved way more.

A lot of people paid attention to her music again because of that song. The video could have been iconic.

This could have slayed even harder with a proper video release. Still one of her best songs on ARTPOP :legend:

Agreed to all. Definitely the best "pop single" track on the album. It really should have a video.

Such a shame.... 

boobtank

Edge of Glory #2 but even more dissapoining :( :( :(

My friends, who roll their eyes on Gaga stuff actually loved this song. We sang it together through out our trip in Copenhagen >_>

At least The Edge of Glory hit #3 on billboard hot 100 and got a video tbh...

Slade

THIS. Billboar sait it would have been the Bad Romance of 2014 if treated properly! And that it was one of gaga's best songs.

I really think it could've been if it were the lead.

Archived