💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Appreciating Do What U Want... (And what could have been)

boobtank

Featured Posts

I feel like an interesting video online could have definitely perpetuated it higher on the charts which would then lead to more radio play and thus more sales of the single, had the track launched solo and then only added Xtina we wouldn't have had the video mess in all likelihood; as much as I don't like the guy having TR direct it would've even given some views after WB. Radio loved it in addition to critics, it really had all the potential in the world.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fading, on 12 May 2014 - 22:09, said:

But tbh, how much could the video have really done? AMAs, SNL, THE ****ING VOICE... And it still didn't manage to crack iTunes top 10 again after it's debut.

It was like 11 or 12 on iTunes after The Voice - if she released the video at that time it would for sure crack the Top 10 since radio was backing it up.

I'm still not sick of it and that's say the most since i overplayed it when it came out. All my friends love it and most of them are not too found on Gaga. This single could have pushed the whole era, i'm still mad Gaga choose to hide and let the single die instead of releasing any video - even if it was ****.

Dr Rogoe

Even my friend who is an Anti-gaga-ish loved DWUW. He even bought it on iTunes. :dead:

One of the biggest could have been.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you never know. Most Little Monsters said that "G.U.Y. will SLAY" Hmm look what happened there.

It flopped because it lacked promotion. Almost no one at my school knows about it. And the ones that does LOVES the song. :shrug:

ShonfromBeyond

Do What U Want was the song that got me HYPED for ARTPOP!!! I thought she was coming to slay the world when I first heard it! I was like :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:. When she first mentioned the song by title though, I was so disappointed because I didn't understand what a song with a title like "Do What U Want (With My Body)" had to do with ARTPOP  :awkney: 

GypsyPrince

I still feel that she should've gone ahead with Venus with the 2nd single. Regardless of whether it'll flop or not, then release DWUW as 3rd single.

Everything would have went smoothly, things would've gone according to plan, and at least one of the singles would've charted. :giveup:

2NE1LG

Would you guys be against Gaga attempting to do DWUW again at the end of the era? Rerelease it as a single and finally release a video for it.

i wouldn't mind her releasing a video for it :usrs:  but if rereleasing it meant more tv performances (well she can't really cause she's on tour), I'm all for it. Those DWUW performances slayed

boobtank

I'm just glad it was the 2nd single instead of Venus lol

But tbh, how much could the video have really done? AMAs, SNL, THE ****ING VOICE... And it still didn't manage to crack iTunes top 10 again after it's debut.

Maybe the video could've given it more longevity with streaming points, thus pushing radio to keep spinning it. Then if the video was the last push it needed to get into the top 10 on iTunes, it would've gotten top 10 exposure, which would've resulted in a sales spike. Maybe.

Oh well lol

tbh gaga should have done it at the youtube awards too, that pushed dope to #8 on the hot 100

Slayer

I'm not sure the video would have helped a great deal. It's an amazing song but this just isn't Gaga's (album) era and I think it was kinda doomed from the start.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

boobtank

I'm not sure the video would have helped a great deal. It's an amazing song but this just isn't Gaga's (album) era and I think it was kinda doomed from the start.

I think it would have tbh

lego

Imagine if she had 3 different videos for it, solo, with Xtina and with R.kelly (but not with Terry as director  :millie: ).

FreePalestine

Jewels n Drugs
I mean it still kinda slayed. SO MANY non Gaga fans LOVED IT. You all may hate me for this but Jewels N Drugs could help the era. IMO Jewels N Drugs will either SMASH or FLOP.
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

VasilisVas

I never really cared the video wasn't released. DWUW definitely wasn't one of my favorites from the album. I'm more bummed about not having an on official Venus video (and no the one from the GUY ARTPOP short film doesn't count). 

Archived