Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Appreciating Do What U Want... (And what could have been)

boobtank

Featured Posts

degenerate

Should've been the lead single. Would've done better than Applause. Would've been a PERFECT segway into the era instead of that koons art **** that no one understood. Would've showed the GP a whole new side of Gaga with incredible Xtina-esque vocals they've never heard from her. Would've been a multi-format smash with the solo version to Pop and R-Kelly version to Rhythmic. Would've gone top 3, probably #1 on billboard with a good video. Would've been an entirely different situation on our hands with the ARTPOP era if she had released this first and not alienated the GP with pretentious art stuff. That could've come later down the road. Sad sad sad.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

Would you guys be against Gaga attempting to do DWUW again at the end of the era? Rerelease it as a single and finally release a video for it.

boobtank

Would you guys be against Gaga attempting to do DWUW again at the end of the era? Rerelease it as a single and finally release a video for it.

I honestly wouldn't be against it...

DrewStevens

Probably the saddest moment in her career. The song deserved way more.

A lot of people paid attention to her music again because of that song. The video could have been iconic.

IAmThatGUY
I mean it still kinda slayed. SO MANY non Gaga fans LOVED IT. You all may hate me for this but Jewels N Drugs could help the era. IMO Jewels N Drugs will either SMASH or FLOP.
well there is one more hit from the album and I don't disagree with you at all

Slade

It's the best single she's ever released. It deserved to be #1 and to have a killer video. I'm so glad that we got such amazing performances for it at least. :legend:

Should've been the lead single. Would've done better than Applause. Would've been a PERFECT segway into the era instead of that koons art **** that no one understood. Would've showed the GP a whole new side of Gaga with incredible Xtina-esque vocals they've never heard from her. Would've been a multi-format smash with the solo version to Pop and R-Kelly version to Rhythmic. Would've gone top 3, probably #1 on billboard with a good video. Would've been an entirely different situation on our hands with the ARTPOP era if she had released this first and not alienated the GP with pretentious art stuff. That could've come later down the road. Sad sad sad.

This would have been absolute perfection omg.

boobtank

Imagine a video directed by Francis Lawrence or Jonas Akerlund (referring to them cos of Bad Romance and Telephone)  :cry:

Koreku

This is so depressing. DWUW grabbed the attention of so many people. Radio loved it and played it a lot; people that didn't even care for Gaga's music were humming "Do what you want, what you want with my body..." IT JUST NEEDED THE VIDEO

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

hughdancy

I always get sad when I think about DWUW :tissue: the smash that never was

And it makes me even more upset that it was a song about final getting to do what she wanted and then life took a massive dump all over it

Sht on me ****ing sht on me ****

LilVenusian

F*uck Do What U Want tbh. It had its chance to shine. 

Title should be changed to : Appreciating Venus... (And what could have been) 

PS: No Disrespect  :emma: 

juicyjuicy

I am the biggest DWUW stan ever. Very likely my most favourite Gaga song ever.

Emvee

I'm just glad it was the 2nd single instead of Venus lol

But tbh, how much could the video have really done? AMAs, SNL, THE ****ING VOICE... And it still didn't manage to crack iTunes top 10 again after it's debut.

Maybe the video could've given it more longevity with streaming points, thus pushing radio to keep spinning it. Then if the video was the last push it needed to get into the top 10 on iTunes, it would've gotten top 10 exposure, which would've resulted in a sales spike. Maybe.

Oh well lol

Archived