Donatello

84 members have voted

1. 1. You & I is a tragedy

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Donatello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx2p-DK6bj8&feature=youtu.be

This promo obviously wasn't for You & I but that's what she ended up performing. Government Hooker was clearly in the works for 4th single 

Can you imagine if she continued in this direction?  :sara:

Instead we got boring barn themed performances and the most forgettable music video  :cry:

Whoever changed Gov Hooker it to You & I, I'm coming for you  :king:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
INNA

no

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

My Little Phoney

Yeah because American radio stations would play a song with 'hooker' in the title

/bye

Phoenix

U&I is one of the best songs on BTW. And GP really liked it. I'm glad it was a single! :) 

💎

You and I is probably my favourite Gaga song but I 100% agree that Government Hooker would have been amazing as a single. The world deserved to be slayed by that song

Kermit the frog

As much as I love GH, you must be deluded to think that it was ever scheduled for a single.

Haroon

One of, if not my favourite song on Born This Way :giveup: It's not even that I care about it being played on the radio or anything, I can just imagine it having such a kick ass video :flutter: Like something along the lines of the FAME perfume video :legend:

MelbHawker

It wouldn't have worked as a single - even though I think it's a great song. 

You & I was flawless. The imagery during the Y+I Era was sort of bland though. 

tokyodisko

GH should have been the second or third single. YuYi is one of Gaga's greatest works, soooooo I'm glad it was a single. I'd rather have that than GH. 

Anderson123

I love it. If Gaga was an indie artist or her label had balls, they'd have released Government Hooker as a single or SOMETHING, but at least we got to see it on the runway. It'd have been an interesting single choice, and of course, just looking at how fans are obsessed with charts and stuff, it'd have been fun to read this forum. :rofl:

This is the Gaga that I love, so Government Hooker, Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel are standout tracks from Born This Way. Some fans STILL want Gaga to be the "Successful single-seller pop princess". Well, she's not.

paganpoetry

Without Y&I. Gaga wouldn't have met Taylor  :giggle:

BJORK MELANIE HALSEY BEYONCE NICKI GAGA KERLI IIRIS IMOGEN TROYE SHINEE EXO F(X)

Radio Ga Ga

its literally the least radio/GP friendly song on the album, and you and I is literally the most GP friendly song under BTW

Archived