Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTW's 4th single that never was: Government Hooker

Donatello

84 members have voted

1. 1. You & I is a tragedy

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

You & I isn't a "tragedy" at all. Not only was it a moderate hit, it also allowed Gaga to showcase her non-usual dance-pop side. Aside from that, I'd rather have her release Scheisse or even Bloody Mary as a single over a track like GH, if we're really into an anti-establishment Gaga. Those other two have far more memorable lyrics than GH's. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Fine it says Hooker, but it still could have been an European and WW smash hit, even if US decided to not support her, which is not sure at all. Releasing this would have been better for her image for sure. But well, I love the You and I video so I'm fine...although Jo was not necessary

LilVenusian

It is a tragedy. If You and I was never made a  single gaga would never have met Taylor and we could have still been getting iconic messy relationship bops like Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Dance in the Dark and Alejandro.  :fan:  #sorrynotsorry

Emvee

It is a tragedy. If You and I was never made a  single gaga would never have met Taylor and we could have still been getting iconic messy relationship bops like Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Dance in the Dark and Alejandro.  :fan:  #sorrynotsorry

Or she would be dead from an overdose/alcoholism. 

:fan: #sorrynotsorry

LilVenusian

Or she would be dead from an overdose/alcoholism. 

:fan: #sorrynotsorry

What kind of exaggeration. As far as I know her d--g problems only really started to flare up the past couple of years (whilsts shes been with Taylor) so I don’t think it has anything to do with her romantic relationships. From what she says it’s more to do with her personal issues with the music industry being s-xually exploited, and struggling to do deal with fame etc. Those songs I listed aren’t super suicidal or anything lolz, just interesting relationship dramas that she dosen't seem to write about anymore...

Dr Rogoe

U&I is one of the best songs on BTW. And GP really liked it. I'm glad it was a single! :)

That song means so much to me. I was on heaven when she said it's gonna be a single. Oh memories...

Jay.P

I wanted Bloody Mary as the 4th single :cry:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

JoeMo

Just because the song was used for a promo does in no way mean that it was intended for a single release.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

LStephens11

YOU & I IS EVERYTHING AND THE BASIC BITCHES WHO HATE ON IT WILL DEAL

:manicure:

Without You & I we wouldn't have Taylor and Asia's flawless family pictures and kick ass performances like at Roseland and *another Top 10 hit for those who are counting Gaga's success on Top 10 hits* and an amazing visual film and imagery and IT IS EVERYTHING.

#TeamYouAndIforever

It's a nice song but definitely not a radio friendly one cause of the title and intro, and don you even dare to say Y&I video's not good, it's definitely the best from the BTW era

Wet Fire

Yoü and I is one of Gaga's best and most liked songs. It was Grammy nominated and is still being covered in different musical shows. :awkney:

If G.U.Y: the potential smash hit, radio friendly, lead single contender isn't even being taken up by radio, who cares if GH (theoretically) wouldn't have been. It's an amazing and weird song that deserved a video and more attention. 

Hexxx

it's kinda boring

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived