1. 1. You & I is a tragedy

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haldy

I love it. If Gaga was an indie artist or her label had balls, they'd have released Government Hooker as a single or SOMETHING, but at least we got to see it on the runway. It'd have been an interesting single choice, and of course, just looking at how fans are obsessed with charts and stuff, it'd have been fun to read this forum. :rofl:

This is the Gaga that I love, so Government Hooker, Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel are standout tracks from Born This Way. Some fans STILL want Gaga to be the "Successful single-seller pop princess". Well, she's not.

Sexxx

One of, if not my favourite song on Born This Way :giveup: It's not even that I care about it being played on the radio or anything, I can just imagine it having such a kick ass video :flutter: Like something along the lines of the FAME perfume video :legend:

it makes so much sense now. Gaga should've released GH in line with the FAME perfume. She did say it makes you smell like a rich hooker :cry:

Tokyo Rose

You and I was a single LONG before that promo was even filmed  :lmao:

And Government Hooker never had a chance of being a single  :lmao:

Rolodex of Hate

The singles should have been:

Scheiße

You and I

Hair

Heavy Metal Lover

The Edge of Glory

:yes:

We have no legal choice but to stan

TimisaMonster

Should've been Scheisse tbqh :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Tokyo Rose

Can you imagine if she continued in this direction?  :sara:

Instead we got boring barn themed performances and the most forgettable music video  :cry:

It was a rock n roll themed promo for a rock n roll themed performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWoA25V4tQ

Jewels n Drugs
no
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Tommy Monster

She has Scheisse, GH and HML and she chooses You and I :noparty: I will never forgive you for this Gags :emo:

BuzzcutSeason

YOU AND I is like one of the best on BTW. and it did great for the type of song it was. it was different for radio, and gaga, but not too different, like GH seems like its trying too hard to be different, but YOU AND I is original because of its genre influence.

YOU AND I defined gaga could do a lot with her voice and music, GH would be controversial in an un-neccasary way IMO..that might be hard to understand but eh..

EDIT: so i really don't mean this meanly or sassy, it comes out that way but I'm a pretty chill person :)

As much as I absolutely love Government Hooker - I agree with others in saying it just wasn't single material. Then again, I think Y&I is a really weak song, and was never keen on it being a single. The fourth single should have been Scheiße.

Archived