💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Better Singer: Adele or Gaga ?

Blue Jeans

Better Singer ?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Singer ?

• Adele (Not Dazeem the real one, the who stans for SLAYiCURE)
    • Lady Gaga ( That's why i'm here, otherwise id be on myageismyalbumdaily.com)
    • Beyoncé tbh.... (say Beyoncé the beygency is online you stupid hoe)

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

They're too different. One is the Queen of Pop and the other is Queen of Soul. :gaga:

I'd say Adele is a better singer overall but Lady Gaga is more versatile. Adele can pull off R&B, Soul, Rock etc. and Gaga does Pop, Jazz, Rock, Hip-hop, Rap and she can hit soul and R&B notes too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knife

This is a tough question.

I think Adele has a stronger voice, but Gaga has more distinctive qualities in her voice that make it more interesting.

Gaga has about 7 notes more, so...  :awkney:

I'm not an expert in music, but from what I've read Gaga's octave range is 2.7-3 octaves, while Adele's is 2 octaves.

Adele is more powerful in her range, but Gaga is much more versatlile and can sing any genre

StrawberryBlond

Gaga, without a shadow of a doubt.

Adele has got to be one of the most over-rated singers of all time. Her voice really isn't much to write home about. She tends to shout more than sing. Her voice always sounds "affected," like a curtain's been pulled over it and a bit nasally, like she's coming down with a cold. She always sounds bored and sleepy when she sings, like this is the last thing she wants to be doing. I can't detect any passion in her voice. She cannot ennunciate her words clearly. She is absolutely limited as far as song genre is concerned, for her voice can only do one thing. For all the praise of her high notes, she really doesn't make a lot of them, making more lows than highs. Basically, hearing her sing is hell for my eardrums. And her voice technically can't be good because she belted in a really unhealthy way so frequently that she ended up having to get that throat operation. I mean, that's something an artist usually encounters after years in the business, not less than than five. Seriously, if you're needing to undergo vocal chord operations so early in your career, you need to review your singing technique, and fast, or you could lose your voice forever. And the thing is, Adele didn't change a thing. When she gave that first performance after her operation, I was really interested to see how her technique will have changed and if her voice sounds any different now. But, no, she hadn't changed a thing. She's going to do her voice in again at this rate. Whoever her vocal coach is needs to be looked into because they do not have her best interests at heart. But it baffles me how no one else can seem to see the blatant flaws with Adele's voice and blindly praise it, even the haters.

Now, Gaga, on the other hand...she is a natural singer. She can do high notes beautifully, and enunciated as clear as a bell. She has so much passion in her voice. She can do any genre of music you throw at her, because her voice can do an assortment of things and interpret a range of emotions. She doesn't shout, she sings. She knows exactly what her voice is capable of and doesn't push it to places it can't go. She clearly looks after her voice and has a vocal coach who understands her needs, which is why she's never had a vocal chord scare yet. I look at videos composing Gaga's best live vocals and Adele's, and Gaga can do things that Adele can't. 

So, Adele winning so many best solo performance awards and gaining so much praise as a vocalist in general just makes me want to scream.

geopang

Adele before her vocal surgery, because now she sounds strained. I appreciate Gaga's versatility though

adele doesn't have proper technique at all; she sings with her throat and that's why it sounds like she's straining all of the time

gaga doesn't have perfect technique but she does have good technique most of the time

hoodrat

Now, Gaga, on the other hand...she is a natural singer. She can do high notes beautifully, and enunciated as clear as a bell. She has so much passion in her voice. She can do any genre of music you throw at her, because her voice can do an assortment of things and interpret a range of emotions. She doesn't shout, she sings. She knows exactly what her voice is capable of and doesn't push it to places it can't go. She clearly looks after her voice and has a vocal coach who understands her needs, which is why she's never had a vocal chord scare yet. I look at videos composing Gaga's best live vocals and Adele's, and Gaga can do things that Adele can't. 

So, Adele winning so many best solo performance awards and gaining so much praise as a vocalist in general just makes me want to scream.

Your posts are always so well-written and wonderful. I also agree completely!

I mean, listen to the high E's in the chorus of Someone Like You ("don't forget me, ~*I*~ begged"). They sound very strained. I'm sure some people would say that this sounds goes with the point of the song, but Adele never seems to bother to sing those notes live anyway. Gaga and Adele have a very similar range, and when Gaga is up in that register she's really goes for it and sounds great, ESPECIALLY when she's just standing still or at a piano. The performance of King of Pain at Sting's birthday party really shows this. If Gaga did all of her performances like Adele (i.e. just standing still), her voice would sound spectacular every time! 

Chris90046

Adele is one dimensional only while Gaga is very versatile. They cannot really be compared.

aaronyoji

Adele has got to be one of the most over-rated singers of all time. Her voice really isn't much to write home about. She tends to shout more than sing. Her voice always sounds "affected," like a curtain's been pulled over it and a bit nasally, like she's coming down with a cold. She always sounds bored and sleepy when she sings, like this is the last thing she wants to be doing. I can't detect any passion in her voice. She cannot ennunciate her words clearly. She is absolutely limited as far as song genre is concerned, for her voice can only do one thing. For all the praise of her high notes, she really doesn't make a lot of them, making more lows than highs. Basically, hearing her sing is hell for my eardrums. And her voice technically can't be good because she belted in a really unhealthy way so frequently that she ended up having to get that throat operation. I mean, that's something an artist usually encounters after years in the business, not less than than five. Seriously, if you're needing to undergo vocal chord operations so early in your career, you need to review your singing technique, and fast, or you could lose your voice forever. And the thing is, Adele didn't change a thing. When she gave that first performance after her operation, I was really interested to see how her technique will have changed and if her voice sounds any different now. But, no, she hadn't changed a thing. She's going to do her voice in again at this rate. Whoever her vocal coach is needs to be looked into because they do not have her best interests at heart. But it baffles me how no one else can seem to see the blatant flaws with Adele's voice and blindly praise it, even the haters.

TELL IT.

and on top of alll that, gaga can do choreography/actually walk around and give an energetic performance and still manage to do belty notes. 

at 3:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_ptIsI8ic

at 3:50

and if we're comparing doing "soulful' vocals, another over exaggeration about adele, that she is some how a "queen of soul"

Archived