• Sexxx Dreams
    • Applause
    • Venus

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lairofhk

Venus all the way. Will always stan for that song. Too bad it didn't get the attention it deserved.

Born To Slay

Venus > Sexxx Dreams > Applause

All are flawless tho

blacklistedd

I made a thread about this, and I wish I could find it now because the discussion on the thread was pretty good. In my opinion, Venus would have made a great lead single. It was risky, experimental, had a killer chorus, received a fair share of praise, and was catchy as f*ck. Applause was a fairly safe choice for a single, and for the comeback Gaga was planning, she needed something more boisterous and experimental than that. There would have been some awesome promotional opportunities, which I discussed in my thread, and the song could have made a fairly strong impact. The video could have been great, the Venus apparel would have made more sense to the GP and would have fit right in with the theme of the album and the reveal of the album cover, and things could have gone very well. The song isn't really that disjointed, though at first I myself did say that it was. "Bad Romance" wasn't considered single material back when she released it, but look at that song now. She needed a risky song, she was in love with Venus, the song had tons of potential, and it could have been great as a lead single. Applause was awesome, but Venus would have drawn oodles of attention and could have had a more explosive introduction to the ARTPOP era.

Sex Dreams doesn't exist anymore, but Sexxx Dreams would not have been a good choice as a lead single. I didn't say that it was too explicit for radio, so chill a bit. I can see it being a single, but not the lead single. Gaga was trying to make a comeback with a new electronic sound, and Sexxx Dreams would have been way too mellow for that explosive comeback she was trying to achieve.

Fair share of praise from who? The fans who were praising it before it was even released? I mean it was critically panned once it was finally heard but the fans are the ones that hold onto it so dearly because its the one song on the album that most epitomizes the typical convoluted mess most people cringe at when they think of Lady Gaga and which the fans love because they can say "you just don't get it". Its not that experimental and its not that deep, the chorus is killer and one of her best imo, but its not like its overall one of her best songs. Had it been released it would have been panned and everyone else would've hated it because as I said it epitomizes what people do not like about her. Not even taking into account that the lyrics are silly I mean that bridge...do not even compare it to Bad Romance because Bad Romance is a genuinely great pop song and one of if not the greatest Lady Gaga tracks. Yes at first listen it was off kilter but not in the same way as Venus. Venus is off in that its just not one of those universal songs. Bad Romance was. So do not even try.

Sex Dreams is slick, fits within the atmosphere of contemporary pop music while still being Gaga enough to stand apart. Its just straight up a good pop song. Which is part of the reason a lot of the fans don't really respect it, because its not convoluted enough for them to act like its deep.

Slayer

Prefer Applause but Sexxx Dreams would have been the better choice IMO.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Giorno Giovanna

Slaynus > Slayyy Dreams > Slaypplause

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Yanko

s-xxx dreams and aura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..whole album

Archived