💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE underwhelming?

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Featured Posts

omg....i really hate this criticism because her music sounds nothing like 2011 edm. Thats such a blatantly lazy statement thats made by people that have heard other people say edm is passe or whatever as if calvin harris and ellie goulding arent at the top of the charts. ANYWAY, 2011 edm is like david guetta ibiza pound the alarm ****. Do you hear anything on this record that sounds like party rock anthem, hold it against me, or pound the alarm? No. There is nothing on this album that sounds even remotely ibiza. On this record Gaga still holds true to her 80s synthpop aesthetic but the only difference is that she brought Zedd and Madeon along and added some contemporary edm flavor. Theres nothing about this album that says outdated musically but the only thing i will say negatively about this album is that it doesn't feel fresh. But just because it doesn't feel fresh doesn't mean its outdated, its just too current.

That being said, I hated her rendition of The Edge of Glory at the BTWB. It was overly drawn out and melodramatic and boring worst of all. I saw the BTWB twice and had a great time but this forum needs to stop romanticizing it as if it were one of her best tours or something it did not compare to the Monster Ball and this tour seems like an improvement because (A) there is no giant set piece limiting views for the audience and overwhelming her and (B) the costumes aren't as ugly imo. The BTWB had some ugly ass Versace costumes especially the washed-up-Elvis ensemble she'd wear during Hair.

Seriously enough with these threads though, you were all talking mad **** on the BTWB in this same exact way 2 years ago and now all of a sudden you all think its ****ing dope. Whenever Gaga does something 50% of her fans have to immediately talk **** about it and oppose it because they think thats what everyone else is going to do and they dont want to seem out of the loop but in all honesty I think this fanbase has some of the most spineless and annoying people. At least other fanbases don't constantly try to **** on their own favorite solely for the sake of ****ting on her.

For not liking fans critiquing Gaga, you sure had a lot of negative things to say yourself. 

And I'm so over arguments like "You all hated the BTWB and now you love it. You only base your opinion on what other people have to say." I keep seeing this being repeated in multiple threads where someone is disapointed in artRAVE. Where is your evidence that we all hated the BTWB then changed our minds? Where is your evidence that we're basing our opinions on what others think or say? I think this rhetoric is tired and baseless. Some of us are legitimately disappointed with the ARTPOP Ball. It doesn't mean that we're sh*tting on her "solely for the sake of sh*tting on her." There's no need to hurl insults at us, or try and make us feel like horrible fans because we're not impressed with something Gaga does.  

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donatello

The stage is amazing, but I'm not feeling the magic that gaga has had with her past tours.

PopBitch

She looks on point to me, but ARTPOP is a weak album to have the full album played.   It shows on stage on some songs when compared against her other music.   She could tour in support of it and knock a couple of songs off and put back in some better songs from Born This Way and the setlist would be so much better then.  That's my only complaint since I am not in love with the whole album, is the setlist could be tighter, but performancewise and set designwise it looks fun to me. 

blacklistedd

For not liking fans critiquing Gaga, you sure had a lot of negative things to say yourself. 

And I'm so over arguments like "You all hated the BTWB and now you love it. You only base your opinion on what other people have to say." I keep seeing this being repeated in multiple threads where someone is disapointed in artRAVE. Where is your evidence that we all hated the BTWB then changed our minds? Where is your evidence that we're basing our opinions on what others think or say? I think this rhetoric is tired and baseless. Some of us are legitimately disappointed with the ARTPOP Ball. It doesn't mean that we're sh*tting on her "solely for the sake of sh*tting on her." There's no need to hurl insults at us, or try and make us feel like horrible fans because we're not impressed with something Gaga does.  

Because I do have negative things to say sometimes. What you are mistaking is that my annoyance is not with having opinions of opposition. Its one thing to be disappointed in the show, fine. But there comes this snowball effect where suddenly droves of fans are acting disappointed and they all feed on eachothers negativity and create this blanket opinion. Its pretty well known how mindless a good majority of pop "stans" can be. The same thing happened with the BTWB. Imo it all depends on your stance and how you've articulated your point of view. Its not that im saying this is her best tour or that you are obligated to say something positive. But there are a lot of people on here claiming it to be underwhelming and creating mindless reasons as to why they think so only because they heard someone else say it and they're pulling reasons out of their ass. When someone says "the music is too 2011 edm" thats a pretty prime example right there because even if they may think so, can they explain why its 2011 edm? No. They probably just heard that somewhere. If anything my rant deep down was more about the idiocy of pop stan mindlessness than solely a defense of Gagas tour.

PopBitch

:fail:

Attend the show first before making all those assumptions. Watching videos doesn't even give a sliver of how a concert is in person.

So true.  Crappy YouTube videos are never anything to base a concert on.  Also concerts don't have to be perfect to be amazing when you are there experiencing it going from one song to the other, not sitting on one video at a time on YouTube listening and watching a poor video.  All the a--l critiquing of concerts from YouTube videos does not take into account that a concert live is a fluid experience, living in the moment, feeding off of the energy of the crowd, feeding off of the energy of the singer or band and songs you love or even don't love and hearing and seeing them performed live, and the sound of the music reverberating throughout the arena.   

Klou

So true.  Crappy YouTube videos are never anything to base a concert on.  Also concerts don't have to be perfect to be amazing when you are there experiencing it going from one song to the other, not sitting on one video at a time on YouTube listening and watching.  All the a--l critiquing of concerts from YouTube videos does not take into account that a concert live is a fluid experience, living in the moment, feeding off of the energy of the crowd, feeding off of the energy of the singer or band and songs you love or even don't love and hearing and seeing them performed live, and the sound of the music reverberating throughout the arena.   

I learned it by attending the BTWB. I honestly was disappointed with what i had seen and the videos, but when I was there in person.... oh my gawd :omg:

The artRAVE already looks amazing to me in pictures and video, so in person it must be really incredible :)

Because I do have negative things to say sometimes. What you are mistaking is that my annoyance is not with having opinions of opposition. Its one thing to be disappointed in the show, fine. But there comes this snowball effect where suddenly droves of fans are acting disappointed and they all feed on eachothers negativity and create this blanket opinion. Its pretty well known how mindless a good majority of pop "stans" can be. The same thing happened with the BTWB. Imo it all depends on your stance and how you've articulated your point of view. Its not that im saying this is her best tour or that you are obligated to say something positive. But there are a lot of people on here claiming it to be underwhelming and creating mindless reasons as to why they think so only because they heard someone else say it and they're pulling reasons out of their ass. When someone says "the music is too 2011 edm" thats a pretty prime example right there because even if they may think so, can they explain why its 2011 edm? No. They probably just heard that somewhere. If anything my rant deep down was more about the idiocy of pop stan mindlessness than solely a defense of Gagas tour.

This is a better statement of your position than your previous post. I've already listed some of my issues with the artRAVE in other threads, so in an effort to minimize my negativity, I won't bring them up again. Some of us who are disappointed do have legitimate concerns with the tour however. Believe me, I do not feel good about thinking this is a sub par tour by Gaga's standards. I wanted to fall in love with artRAVE as much as the next fan. But I hold out hope, and remain excited for my tour date. I guess I will have to be content with a dance party, rather than a theatrical production. 

nativenewyorker

Excuse me.. artRAVE was the best show I've ever seen Gaga perform. Don't judge the show if you haven't experienced it live because it is INSANITY.

MahoTheMnstr

:fail:

Attend the show first before making all those assumptions. Watching videos doesn't even give a sliver of how a concert is in person.

this  :manicure:

MahoTheMnstr

I guess I will have to be content with a dance party, rather than a theatrical production. 

i thought it was clear even before the tour started that this IS a Dance party and not a theatrical production  (or it probably was just me :huh:  ) and just like any party you have to be there to enjoy it (or not)

but she did say that it was like no tour she has done before 

ARTPOPSlave

Her choreography is incredibly weak on this tour (which is understandable with the hip fiasco from the BTWB) and I wish she sang live more. Gaga used to be all about incredibly live singing. There is just too much playback for my liking.

I understand that the whole concert is "rave" themed but it would be nice for her to do one piano ballad and actually play the piano like she did during The Fame era. She was like a prodigy. I'm tired of her banging random chords when I know how good she can play.

Overall the tour looks like a really fun experience. Only time will tell if it's better than her previous tours.

Qualle1

I am quite disappointed by the un-ravy setlist. JND? Seriously? Also CLLG and Partyblahblah are mediocre songs and I really don't understand the love for both of these tracks. They are not even b-side material. She has so many great, upbeat songs in her backcatalogue I would love to hear in a revamped version.

I have only watched the Opening and ARTPOP - which I both liked very much, Gypsy - which is my favourite track from the ARTPOP CD and which I absolutely admire, the awful CLLG and the horrible Partyblahblaha as well as the lovely Venus.

I don't want to watch other clips, as I don't want to get too spoiled before I see the show three times in October here in Germany.

Hopefully the rest is better and I will not be disappointed...

:noparty:

PS: And to dance the same choreography as on her previous tours or as in her videos is pretty lame...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

badgalriri

I can't with y'all taking the Rave ting so seriously. she's not forcing anyone to act like it's a real rave. A rave is basically just a crazy party. Drugs don't have to be included if you don't want them to. so everyone needs to chill the fukc out

Archived