Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Influenced Every Modern Pop Star

Quark

Featured Posts

And they'd be right.

no they wouldn't.. I followed your queen in your avi since pon the replay.. the b---h would even lip sync sometimes.. and would def not even look anything like she did post gaga.. don't even bring Good girl gone bad into it.. in fact durng mtv 2010 awards rihanna was asked why did she change her style from rated R, and she said "everyone is dressing like gaga.. I kinda wanted to do my own thing"... in fact her label made that dissappear.. katy said the same thing in 2009, saying she had to stop what she was doing and change it up.. to even keep up with gaga.. and that it kinda wasn't fair but that's how it is.. and her label also made sure to delete that..

I've been following pop music for a while boo.. it is more than clear that this industry likes to steal and manufacture success.. and make sure the origins are not detected by the GP.. they did the same wth britney.. and madonna.. (except madonna kept changing it up.. and the copies.. paula../cyndi/ etc.. weren't able to last long, although paula abdul resembles katy perry.. paula had a lot of #1s.. and was completely manufactured.. in fact was very successful more so than madonna even for a time period)..

BTW hopefully gaga is capable of pushing through the industry trying to destroy her impact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinosky

Yasss :trootea:

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

I think Gaga and Katy are entertainment professionals who know exactly what is going on, how to make people take notice, how to start controversy, and how to get promo.

I think so too, gaga could have gone the katy route.. with boys boys boys.. starstruck.. and crap that would have made the GP bop.. but she decided to take control and push boundaries..

katy went with whatever gave her #1's and kept it.. because it is working for her.. and for what she wants to do in the industry.. she even said it recently.. gaga takes a lot of RISKS.. which is what makes her someone she needs to keep watch of.. of course she does.. it was the RISKS that made gaga the biggest pop star for a while.. and it was her ****ing idiotic label that pushed her off that path..

1. Judas dropped is one

2. You and I over sheissa is two

3. Applause as a lead over s-xxx dreams is 3

and DWUW over VENUS although not confirmed to have been a label choice.. is 4..

people associated gaga with being different for a while.... when she started releasing things that weren't THAT different.. she started falling off..

btw.. that is all in theory a theory.. these other label puppets imo deserve no recognition.. since they are just in it for #1's and mindless crap.. that does absolutely thing for music..

JustPokeHerFace

I guess Gaga's manufactured to take risks

Because the legends aren't remembered for generic hits

IAmThatGUY

o<(0_0)>o

Lately there has been a lot of talk among the fans and the media about how Gaga is fading. But her influence could still be spotted everywhere. I think that it is very obvious that almost every major pop star was influenced by Gaga (whether or not they want to admit it). And with this Katy situation, I personally feel like Gaga is finally speaking up about her true place in pop culture. Gaga, while not the inventor of everything that she has done, changed the music industry by reintroducing and popularizing crazy high fashion, theatrical performances, movie-like music videos, electronic dance music, and innovative online interaction with fans. Artists like Kesha, Usher, Pitbull, Katy, and many others, changed or styled their sound to electronic dance music after the success of songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Consequently this later paved the way for the harder EDM sound that we have now. To continue, artists like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and many more, began naming their fanbases after the whole "Little Monsters" phenomena. And nearly all pop stars traded their classical s-xy fashion styles, for the crazier and artsier outfits. Finally, many here are saying "why is Gaga complaining, Nicki Minaj wore the green wig first anyways". But honestly, Nicki wouldn't even have worn those crazy green wigs, if it wasn't for Gaga paving the way for crazy looks to the mainstream world in the first place.

I have been thinking this since 2010 after the success of "The Fame" and "The Fame Monster" I noticed how strongly the music and fashion changed damn near overnight and I feel credit is very much due to Gaga and I am not trying to fuel a fan war but Katy would not be successful if it wasn't for Gaga because her whole music changed after gaga but 6 years later we are still getting the same music from Gaga, she is not a act like most of these artist she didn't change she has been real since day 1.

tokyodisko

She changed the pop music climate, but now that it's all that expansive, she has to be able to hold her own again. Everyone is on the same level now. Her influence has come, changed music presentation, but now she herself is "gone". Not saying she hasn't made an impact, but raising the bar means she still has to jump it. It doesn't mean she should be fawned over, because of her past. It's pop music, so she has to be consistent. 

And as for the green wig, sure Nicki saw the wigs and thought it was a good idea- like everyone else in the industry, but that doesn't mean people can shade Katy for wearing a green wig. It's a green wig. That's all there is to it. All these pop girls change their colors constantly. If you think otherwise you need to have a reality check.  :smh: It's a wig that isn't even the same shade of green, if I am looking at the correct photos. 

except radio said they wouldn't play her music in the US back when just dance came out in august 08 because the music was too close to dance/edm , and it wasn't a successful genre in the U.S at the time..

I live in a small town that mostly consists of country music and JD was played in June 08. 

Ronk

I think so too, gaga could have gone the katy route.. with boys boys boys.. starstruck.. and crap that would have made the GP bop.. but she decided to take control and push boundaries..

katy went with whatever gave her #1's and kept it.. because it is working for her.. and for what she wants to do in the industry.. she even said it recently.. gaga takes a lot of RISKS.. which is what makes her someone she needs to keep watch of.. of course she does.. it was the RISKS that made gaga the biggest pop star for a while.. and it was her ****ing idiotic label that pushed her off that path..

1. Judas dropped is one

2. You and I over sheissa is two

3. Applause as a lead over s-xxx dreams is 3

and DWUW over VENUS although not confirmed to have been a label choice.. is 4..

people associated gaga with being different for a while.... when she started releasing things that weren't THAT different.. she started falling off..

btw.. that is all in theory a theory.. these other label puppets imo deserve no recognition.. since they are just in it for #1's and mindless crap.. that does absolutely thing for music..

You make some valid points, imo.  I share some of those opinions.  But my comment was my thoughts on the very narrow issue of why Katy wore the green wig and why Gaga commented on it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

no they wouldn't.. I followed your queen in your avi since pon the replay.. the b---h would even lip sync sometimes.. and would def not even look anything like she did post gaga.. don't even bring Good girl gone bad into it.. in fact durng mtv 2010 awards rihanna was asked why did she change her style from rated R, and she said "everyone is dressing like gaga.. I kinda wanted to do my own thing"... in fact her label made that dissappear.. katy said the same thing in 2009, saying she had to stop what she was doing and change it up.. to even keep up with gaga.. and that it kinda wasn't fair but that's how it is.. and her label also made sure to delete that..

I've been following pop music for a while boo.. it is more than clear that this industry likes to steal and manufacture success.. and make sure the origins are not detected by the GP.. they did the same wth britney.. and madonna.. (except madonna kept changing it up.. and the copies.. paula../cyndi/ etc.. weren't able to last long, although paula abdul resembles katy perry.. paula had a lot of #1s.. and was completely manufactured.. in fact was very successful more so than madonna even for a time period)..

BTW hopefully gaga is capable of pushing through the industry trying to destroy her impact

Someone who knows what they are talking about. :applause: How refreshing.

Dr Rogoe

o<(0_0)>o

Lately there has been a lot of talk among the fans and the media about how Gaga is fading. But her influence could still be spotted everywhere. I think that it is very obvious that almost every major pop star was influenced by Gaga (whether or not they want to admit it). And with this Katy situation, I personally feel like Gaga is finally speaking up about her true place in pop culture. Gaga, while not the inventor of everything that she has done, changed the music industry by reintroducing and popularizing crazy high fashion, theatrical performances, movie-like music videos, electronic dance music, and innovative online interaction with fans. Artists like Kesha, Usher, Pitbull, Katy, and many others, changed or styled their sound to electronic dance music after the success of songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Consequently this later paved the way for the harder EDM sound that we have now. To continue, artists like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and many more, began naming their fanbases after the whole "Little Monsters" phenomena. And nearly all pop stars traded their classical s-xy fashion styles, for the crazier and artsier outfits. Finally, many here are saying "why is Gaga complaining, Nicki Minaj wore the green wig first anyways". But honestly, Nicki wouldn't even have worn those crazy green wigs, if it wasn't for Gaga paving the way for crazy looks to the mainstream world in the first place. 

:trootea:

Emvee

This Katy situation has been building up for such a long time now :lmao:

I'm glad this **** is finally being said the way it is.

Gaga made the other girls step up their game. Plain and simple. Katy just took it to an extreme, which is why she's the only popstar I do not respect. I respect Britney, in all her lip-synching glory, over Katy Perry.

Archived