Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Influenced Every Modern Pop Star

Quark

Featured Posts

Emvee

Well, there is somebody who had crazy outfits before Gaga...

tumblr_lq2zr2vWpU1qbuwnmo1_500.gif

Bjork was irrelevant to mainstream pop culture in 2008.

The OP clearly states Gaga is the one and only one who REINTRODUCED it to pop music in 2008.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

Yes, and Katy's green hair was obviously a direct reference to Gaga.  There is an old saying often used in the entertainment industry:  "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

I live outside the space time continuum.

Well, there is somebody who had crazy outfits before Gaga...

tumblr_lq2zr2vWpU1qbuwnmo1_500.gif

Except she didn't influence a whole generation of pop girls into emulating her. Bjork will always be a queen, an artist, and an innovator, but that is separate from the Gaga issue.

Emvee

Yes, and Katy's green hair was obviously a direct reference to Gaga. There is an old saying often used in the entertainment industry: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

I think this goes way beyond the green hair.

Quark

Don't worry, we all know all of this is true  :cool:

I've always thought this, always. But anytime I say it to someone they think I'm some delusional Gaga fan   :(

I really love your threads, Enigma 

Spanish Eyes

OP might be a bit hyperbolic, but there is a great deal of truth in the post.

I think it's very telling that popstars wearing crazy or weird fashion was NOT a thing until Gaga came around. After Gaga's debut, that's when you saw outlandish outfits from Katy Perry, Rihanus, and others.

JaysAMess

I've always thought this, always. But anytime I say it to someone they think I'm some delusional Gaga fan   :(

I really love your threads, Enigma 

And they'd be right.

Ronk

I think this goes way beyond the green hair.

I think Gaga and Katy are entertainment professionals who know exactly what is going on, how to make people take notice, how to start controversy, and how to get promo.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Awakened M

Dance Pop and synthpop are part of EDM. EDM is just the main category and it has many subgenres.

This.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

i agree except for the point about her popularizing electronic music. especially if you're gonna use just dance and pokerface as your examples. the fame is hardly edm, its hardly dance music, she just came at the right place at the right time. even the black eyed peas where making more electronic oriented music than gaga at the time. 

except radio said they wouldn't play her music in the US back when just dance came out in august 08 because the music was too close to dance/edm , and it wasn't a successful genre in the U.S at the time..

Ladle Ghoulash

In the future people will admit that :worship:

but now they like to pretend it isn't true, even when they have the receipts in their faces

Archived