đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Influenced Every Modern Pop Star

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Lately there has been a lot of talk among the fans and the media about how Gaga is fading. But her influence could still be spotted everywhere. I think that it is very obvious that almost every major pop star was influenced by Gaga (whether or not they want to admit it). And with this Katy situation, I personally feel like Gaga is finally speaking up about her true place in pop culture. Gaga, while not the inventor of everything that she has done, changed the music industry by reintroducing and popularizing crazy high fashion, theatrical performances, movie-like music videos, electronic dance music, and innovative online interaction with fans. Artists like Kesha, Usher, Pitbull, Katy, and many others, changed or styled their sound to electronic dance music after the success of songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Consequently this later paved the way for the harder EDM sound that we have now. To continue, artists like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and many more, began naming their fanbases after the whole "Little Monsters" phenomena. And nearly all pop stars traded their classical s-xy fashion styles, for the crazier and artsier outfits. Finally, many here are saying "why is Gaga complaining, Nicki Minaj wore the green wig first anyways". But honestly, Nicki wouldn't even have worn those crazy green wigs, if it wasn't for Gaga paving the way for crazy looks to the mainstream world in the first place. 

Yup. Anyone here who can't see that understands jack about pop culture. Please, everyone go youtube and Google image all these stars before Gaga burst onto the scene then come back here and even try to argue any of this. All these b---hes xeroxed her play book and now that the media is against her, they are all pretending she hasn't influenced them. History will show the truth, same as it has with Madonna.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark

I did not say she was. But she made it mainstream/popular.

Gaga wasn't the first artist to name her fanbase/have a name for her fanbase though.

JustPokeHerFace

Gaga wasn't the first artist to name her fanbase/have a name for her fanbase though.

That may be true but once she did it just about everyone else followed suit. 

JaysAMess

Yes BEP also contributed to the rise of EDM, but Poker Face and Just Dance were as electronic dance as Boom Boom Pow or as I Got A Feeling in my opinion. And of course, these songs are not as hard as the EDM songs that are popular right now, but they were the start of EDM's true rise to mainstream.

lol no.

Quark

Don't forget Gaga's countless awards, including her 5 Grammys

Agree with everything. Katy can have her #1s, Gaga has already made her impact and had her success. Largest grossing tour by a doubt headlining artists, huge sell-out tours, selling 1 million in a week, 7 Pop Radio #1s, 14 top tens etc. She has nothing yet to prove. Katy still has to prove that she is more than a corporate money making creation

Gagadisiak

lol no.

I agree more pop dance and synthpop than EDM  :lmao: most of the EDM trend started in 2011-2012 . 

OĂą est-tu ma Salope ?

Lina Morgana

Well, there is somebody who had crazy outfits before Gaga...

tumblr_lq2zr2vWpU1qbuwnmo1_500.gif

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

TEANUS

Don't forget Gaga's countless awards, including her 5 Grammys

Can't tell if your just stating the facts or shading Katy. Or both :ohwell:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Quark

Why not? Both Just Dance, Poker Face, and even songs like Lovegame already had that heavy electronic dance pop sound that few in the mainstream world had at the time. These songs have dance beats and they are electronic, therefore they are EDM. They are not as straight out dance as some of the popular EDM songs many (including Gaga) make right now, but it was the start of the whole EDM craze.

lol no.

Paco

This is always like that with amazing artists like Gaga, their genius and great acts are admitted only after their death unfortunately.

Gagz

I agree for the most part that Gaga has definitely influenced pop music in many ways. Crazy fashion, dance music, love-yourself fads, theatrics. I think those things as a whole are Gaga-based, but I don't think specific things, such as hair color, should be taken so seriously.

Quark

Dance Pop and synthpop are part of EDM. EDM is just the main category and it has many subgenres.

I agree more pop dance and synthpop than EDM  :lmao: most of the EDM trend started in 2011-2012 . 

Bambino

True. It's enough that when an artist wears crazy outfits, people go like 'oh she's trying to be Gaga' even she's not necessarily trying to copy Gaga :yes: And yes, Gaga didn't invent these crazy things, and yes other artists used them before, but she brought them to the public attention.

FameHungry

o<(0_0)>o

Lately there has been a lot of talk among the fans and the media about how Gaga is fading. But her influence could still be spotted everywhere. I think that it is very obvious that almost every major pop star was influenced by Gaga (whether or not they want to admit it). And with this Katy situation, I personally feel like Gaga is finally speaking up about her true place in pop culture. Gaga, while not the inventor of everything that she has done, changed the music industry by reintroducing and popularizing crazy high fashion, theatrical performances, movie-like music videos, electronic dance music, and innovative online interaction with fans. Artists like Kesha, Usher, Pitbull, Katy, and many others, changed or styled their sound to electronic dance music after the success of songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Consequently this later paved the way for the harder EDM sound that we have now. To continue, artists like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and many more, began naming their fanbases after the whole "Little Monsters" phenomena. And nearly all pop stars traded their classical s-xy fashion styles, for the crazier and artsier outfits. Finally, many here are saying "why is Gaga complaining, Nicki Minaj wore the green wig first anyways". But honestly, Nicki wouldn't even have worn those crazy green wigs, if it wasn't for Gaga paving the way for crazy looks to the mainstream world in the first place. 

I've always thought this, always. But anytime I say it to someone they think I'm some delusional Gaga fan   :(

I really love your threads, Enigma 

Archived