Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Mariah Carey

Sexxx

Favorite albums?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite Mariah Carey albums?

• 1990 - Mariah Carey
    • 1991 - Emotions
    • 1993 - Music Box
    • 1995 - Daydream
    • 1997 - Butterfly
    • 1999 - Rainbow
    • 2002 - Charmbracelet
    • 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
    • 2008 - E=MC²

Featured Posts

Tokyo  :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:

10255833_667618709977226_692540652196146

I think it's one of her biggest mistakes of her career, 'Migrate' was already on top100 on iTunes at the time with airplay (during Touch My Body) and she chose 'Bye Bye' that was a lame song, especially for summer, E=MC2 was a big album but they screw everything, the 'flops' started from that choice.

Ah, see I didn't know it was actually doing well at the time so that's even worse. :smh:

I remember her saying on Watch What Happens Live that her label always picks the worst second singles and it's very true. It's definitely one of her biggest missed opportunities. After Migrate, they should have also released Side Effects. There was some great material on the album and it's one of my faves from MC so I wished it had more longevity.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valextra

Ah, see I didn't know it was actually doing well at the time so that's even worse. :smh:

I remember her saying on Watch What Happens Live that her label always picks the worst second singles and it's very true. It's definitely one of her biggest missed opportunities. After Migrate, they should have also released Side Effects. There was some great material on the album and it's one of my faves from MC so I wished it had more longevity.

Well I don't know if it's label's fault or her, because I know that Mariah is like Gaga, she always takes her decision on these things so I don't know for sure... But I know for sure that from E=MC2 album her team and Mariah decisions are a totally mess  :toofunny:

Hauser

NEWS:

Mariah will be a guest on Late Show with David Letterman Wednesday, May 7. The show airs on CBS at 23:35 (local time).

Mariah Carey will be on Today Show Summer Concert on May 16th!

So I Guess the promo is going to start..  :huh:

Omg if her album really comes May 6th, then promo on late night tv :excited2:

Well I don't know if it's label's fault or her, because I know that Mariah is like Gaga, she always takes her decision on these things so I don't know for sure... But I know for sure that from E=MC2 album her team and Mariah decisions are a totally mess  :toofunny:

I suppose that's the pleasure of being a superstar like those two - you can always throw the people in the background under the bus and make them into the devils lol. But, yeah, it definitely deserved better and could've stretched the waves of TEOM a little further had it been handled properly.

That being said, I'm on a real Mariah high and am definitely ready for a new MC album. :excited2:

100percent

Tokyo  :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:

10255833_667618709977226_692540652196146

I think it's one of her biggest mistakes of her career, 'Migrate' was already on top100 on iTunes at the time with airplay (during Touch My Body) and she chose 'Bye Bye' that was a lame song, especially for summer, E=MC2 was a big album but they screw everything, the 'flops' started from that choice.

Yeaaaa Mariah thread!! I love MC so much :D

I think Bye Bye was a better choice

I remember at that time Bye Bye was EVERYWHERE and it was extremely relateable to everyone because of a particular disaster (I forgot it anyway)

It topped Billboard Top 20

But without promotion (0 promotion after TMB) because of her marriage and honeymoon with Nick

everything flopped

So, even tho she released Migrate or whatever, it wont chart well because of the 0 promotion

E=MC2 was a better album than Emancipation i think (personally)

I wish it had the success it deserves :(

Valextra

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse will be released May 27th!
BmhUwdFCEAAuU7j.jpgBmhWkCVCYAAs2au.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mSezvKLxVM

Pre-order Standard on iTunes:
http://smarturl.it/Mariah
Pre-order Deluxe on iTunes:
smarturl.it/MariahDlx

Tracklist:
1) Cry.
2) Faded
3) Dedicated (feat. Nas)
4) #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
5) Thirsty
6) Make It Look Good
7) You're Mine (Eternal)
8) You Don't Know What To Do (feat. Wale)
9) Supernatural
10) Meteorite
11) Camouflage
12) Money ($ * / ...)
13) One More Try
14) Heavenly (No Ways Tired / Can't Give Up Now)
15) Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

(Deluxe additions)
15) It's A Wrap (feat. Mary J Blige)
16) Betcha Gon' Know (feat. R. Kelly)
17) The Art Of Letting Go
18) Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

The wait is finally over!!!!!!! :party: 

tumblr_mz3er98mBN1qzwh14o1_250.gif

Better Day

I want to try and get into Mariah for the new album, like i want to experiment :hor: what album should i listen to first?

Together You And I!

Valextra

I want to try and get into Mariah for the new album, like i want to experiment :hor: what album should i listen to first?

it depends if you want ballads style start with the first albums 'Mariah Carey', 'Emotions', 'Daydream' and 'Music Box', if you want more RNB vibes starts with 'Butterfly' one of my fave, and then with 'Rainbow' and 'Emancipation', also 'Charmabracelet' is good  ;)

Better Day

it depends if you want ballads style start with the first albums 'Mariah Carey', 'Emotions', 'Daydream' and 'Music Box', if you want more RNB vibes starts with 'Butterfly' one of my fave, and then with 'Rainbow' and 'Emancipation', also 'Charmabracelet' is good  ;)

Thank you :hug: 

Together You And I!

Hauser

Listen to her first album (Mariah Carey) first. It's filled with amazing ballads some that are more mid tempo that go into pop and her voice at that time was just like listening to god :legend: 

When I but the deluxe version of the album Im going to use the standard album cover. It appeals more to me idk, the deluxe cover has her face weirdly photoshopped, she looks like she is related to the Jacksons. 

Better Day

Listen to her first album (Mariah Carey) first. It's filled with amazing ballads some that are more mid tempo that go into pop and her voice at that time was just like listening to god :legend:

When I but the deluxe version of the album Im going to use the standard album cover. It appeals more to me idk, the deluxe cover has her face weirdly photoshopped, she looks like she is related to the Jacksons. 

I will listen to her debut, Thank you :hug:

Together You And I!

Archived