Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  

Mom whoops girls ass for posting nudes on Facebook

Featured Posts

Essence

Disrespectful as f*ck, yet people are in total support of this kind of parenting

Slayage :legend:

yes, because ALL kids who aren't hit as children turn out like that...

Also, you told me to be open minded about this issue and you ought to be too. Instead you're jumping at everyone who has another viewpoint. Take your own advice and don't judge other cultures on the basis of your own.

Toph

:eww:

absolutely disgusting

Right? This is the ONLY reason I can find to barely rationalize the beating.

If I was that mother, I would certainly teach my child why posting nudes on FB is wrong. She could be trafficked! Poor girl doesn't even know what's good for her. Her mother made sure she learned what is. I just feel for the girl. That was really hard to watch.

psylobin

yes, because ALL kids who aren't hit as children turn out like that...

Also, you told me to be open minded about this issue and you ought to be too. Instead you're jumping at everyone who has another viewpoint. Take your own advice and don't judge other cultures on the basis of your own.

This was made as a sarcastic statement.

Please stay on topic.

Honey Boo Boo

Calm down. She doesn't need to be drowned it was only nudes.

I think the mother's punishment was just fine.

Wait a minute are you guys serious right now? :toofunny:

You were never hit with a belt :lmao:

It's not traumatizing trust me :smh:

:lmao:

ikr

This happens all the time in Asia. It's not traumatizing, teaches kids a lesson. My mother's brother was beaten with brooms even.

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Honey Boo Boo

Watched the end. :sharon: She's only 12.

I agree on the belt thing. I got it several times before :dies:
What people used to call discipline is now child abuse. I don't want to sound heartless, but kids back in the day never talked back to their parents, now they're cursing at them and treating them with no respect and all the parents do is say, "go to your room! shame on you!"

But the fact that it went on for so long and that the mother felt the need to humiliate her daughter but filming this and posting it online is just horrible. :wtf:

This tbh

Edited by Microsoft IE
A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Skins

:lmao:

....you are not the only one. I was hit with a belt a few times as a kid, and I pretty much got the impression that the **** I did had consequences. So that taught me not to act a damn fool at home or in public! That never scarred me as a kid, cause I knew what I did was wrong. The newer-age people and their take on physical-discipline is borderline ridiculous.

It's ironic she posted the video to Facebook, though. As sad as it is, talking to kids isn't always gonna help.

This.

StrawberryBlond

There is no evidence that corporal punishment works. It certainly doesn't work on every child. Children who get hit when they do something wrong tend to associate violence with problem solving, and have a bigger risk of growing up to be aggressive and violent when things go wrong. It's no different from seeing an alcoholic parent using drink to solve their problems and it can rub off on their kids when they're older. Corporal punishment can cause a child to become bitter, resentful and fearful of their parents and that is awful for a child's wellbeing. Fear is not the same as respect. You'll find that a lot of criminals had corporal punishment dished out by their parents and didn't have a good relationship with them when they were young and this is usually pinpointed for the reason behind why they started feeling uncontrollable anger. If this girl were my daughter, instead of being mad at her, I'd be madder at myself. I'd be asking myself so many questions. Why did I allow her to wear that provocative outfit at 12? Why did I allow her to have a FB account at 12? Why did I let her have her own camera to take photos of herself at 12? Why didn't I teach her about internet etiquette? Why didn't I teach her about appropriate s-xual behaviour? Why didn't I teach her that a boy should only see her body when she is of legal age and deemed him worthy of her? Why didn't I instill a sense of high self esteem in her so she wouldn't feel the need to do morally questionable things for attention? If there's anyone I'd want to hit with a belt, it would be myself.

It's clear this girl doesn't have a clue about these things because her mother never taught her. And yet, she's expected to know right from wrong. It's also clear that she did what she did because she was reaching out for love and acceptance, something she doesn't get at home. She should have had a sit down and been asked why she sent those photos and explaining why it's inappropriate and what it can lead to and how she should win a boy over with her intelligence, wit and charm as opposed to body. But instead, her mother just beat her silly, preaching to her about shame and videoing the whole thing with the intent to send it out to the entire world. Her daughter's intimate activies are not the business of us. What she has done is something that is an extremely sensitive situation that should be kept private between mother and daughter. If the mother is appalled at her for bringing shame on the family, why is she making this video public? Wouldn't it be best to hide the shame from the outside world if you're so afraid of it? Which leads me to believe this is more about the mother taking out her anger on her defenceless daughter and getting a sick kick out of it. Taping it and uploading it to the net is absolutely demented and cruel. Not to mention the damage the girl could have suffered from being hit round the head with a leather belt. She's only 12, still a child. At that age, your parents are responsible for any misbehaviour. If it's cruel to hit an animal for their behaviour because they can't understand their wrongdoings, it should be no different for a child. If you love your child, nothing they do should cause you to abuse them like this. This is not the way you treat someone you love. And before you say something about how they have poor education and not much knowledge about how corporal punishment is viewed now and have never known any different, the mother in this video had a recording device. Her daughter had a camera of some sort. They own a computer with internet access. They use Facebook and YouTube. With such devices at your disposal, you can learn so much about the outside world, especially if you don't have access to it. So, I'm not buying the ignorance excuse.

I must also add that Caribbean children grow up with very mixed messages about s-xuality. Their parents encourage them to be pure and to wait for marriage and so on (most Caribbeans are church goers), but what their reality is like is quite different. When a carnival comes to the islands, everyone attends and their behaviour can be eyebrow raising. Women are about 80% naked and people of all ages are twerking and grinding with complete strangers. A lot of Caribbean mothers teach their little girls to twerk and grind - they think it's cute. A lot of Caribbean music is extremely s-xually explicit and it's played around children. Women wear very revealing clothes, a big fashion being some sort of fishnet onesie. Female artists from the islands who have become famous worldwide are the likes of Rihanna and Nicki Minaj and they're held up as mascots by their respective islands. Caribbean girls grow up thinking that in order to break free from their small communities, they have to have a very s-xual image and that s-xuality in general is the key to adulthood. Then their parents are shocked when their kids act provocative or promiscuous and knock seven bells out of them. There's no thought given to how they are partly responsible. If corporal punishment is so effective in the Caribbean, why do so many Caribbean girls grow up to be underage mothers and single mothers? Why do so many Caribbean boys engage in criminal activity? Why are so many Caribbean men in jail all over the world? Why are domestic violence rates so high in the Carribean? Why does the Caribbean suffer such high crime levels? Because hitting them as children screwed them up in some way or another. People are quick to blame the poverty and lack of good education in these regions, and don't get me wrong, I think it plays a part, but I think the ultimate factor goes much deeper than that.