🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

Mom whoops girls ass for posting nudes on Facebook

Electric Venus

Featured Posts

No I rather not be smacked which is the point. Goodness Lord you are really doing the most aren't you.

People learn in different ways though, you can't deny that. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psylobin

• MonsterMum

• Morphine Prince

• Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

What do you call your entire argument? 

:toofunny:

I already made my point to you the other night when you deflected by battling semantics of the word "force".

My argument was and is that there are hundreds of parenting methods that don't involve violence. Any parent who has to use violence has already failed their child. Parents who hit have not been effective and have not engaged in appropriate communication with their child. Hitting a child does not actually address the root of the problem. Study after study after study has suggested that the use of corporal punishment can be psychologically damaging and can make a child more susceptible to addiction and aggression.

Your argument has been that "the girl committed a felony", "you don't know what it's like to be an immigrant", and "no study has 100% definitely proved that hitting is bad so I'm not stopping".

You deflect and try to discredit by playing games and committing argumentative fallacy after fallacy without ever actually making a solid argument. All you've done is try to attack people who are against corporal punishment without ever actually making a decent argument for corporal punishment and I think that's very telling.

I already made my point to you the other night when you deflected by battling semantics of the word "force".

My argument was and is that there are hundreds of parenting methods that don't involve violence. Any parent who has to use violence has already failed their child. Parents who hit have not been effective and have not engaged in appropriate communication with their child. Hitting a child does not actually address the root of the problem. Study after study after study has suggested that the use of corporal punishment can be psychologically damaging and can make a child more susceptible to addiction and aggression.

Your argument has been that "the girl committed a felony", "you don't know what it's like to be an immigrant", and "no study has 100% definitely proved that hitting is bad so I'm not stopping".

You deflect and try to discredit by playing games and committing argumentative fallacy after fallacy without ever actually making a solid argument. All you've done is try to attack people who are against corporal punishment without ever actually making a decent argument for corporal punishment and I think that's very telling.

But you never addressed the fact that not everyone is the same and that not everyone is willing to listen nor are they willing to actually take the measures to make sure that they aren't doing something that's detrimental.

My argument also included your wording to try to make it seem as if all corporal punishment is abuse, as well as the fact that i actually made no references to myself hitting anyone nor did I state that I will not stop, that was your assumption, which is a very poor one of that.

You've been attacking my character and deflecting my points simply because I don't agree with you, and at this point, you have yet to actually read what I've been saying and instead just attempt to belittle me when I've brought up more points that you consistently ignore anything else, which is just being...... well fickle to be quite frank. 

I've yet to attack anyone, and have simply stated there are so many other circumstances none of us know but all of you are quick to jump at because of your probable childhoods.

Again, fickle. 

All you say is deflection yet all I read is a meta a--lysis of an argument instead of actually presenting an argument aside from the fact that you referenced the APA once. 

Save yourself.

Edited by psylobin

I think the mother over did the whopping... she should have stopped after like 3 minutes in... the end was too much. But serves her right. Do you think this girl will ever post nudes again? NOPE. Getting hit with a built is effective to be quite honest. I hope the girl learned her lesson. 

This. 12 year old girl posting nudes on FB? Good god. 

However even one minute was far too long of a punishment like that. I can't even imagine the welts the poor girl had days after the attack. 

zexion_armando

The absolutely dreadful hippies in this thread make me vomit.

Comparing spanking a child to actual violence and war?

Some of you are so sad.

Lmao so according to you, a parent can do WHATEVER he wants to his child AS LONG as the child is still alive?

I don't even... Some people in this thread :eww:

nope. the point here is teach the child life lesson, not to kill her. that would be another story

Edited by Envy
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

some twinks here need to man up ser

The absolutely dreadful hippies in this thread make me vomit.

Comparing spanking a child to actual violence and war?

Some of you are so sad.

yup

some of these twinks need to MAN UP

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

This. 12 year old girl posting nudes on FB? Good god. 

However even one minute was far too long of a punishment like that. I can't even imagine the welts the poor girl had days after the attack. 

:eww:

absolutely disgusting

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Ladey Gagz

nope. the point here is teach the child life lesson, not to kill her. that would be another story

Well it could've been approached a completely different way, a better way. This did not just hurt the little girl alot but also probably made her hate her mother. So I'm pretty sure what she did didn't have much of a positive outcome. And the girl seemed to be almost begging for her life at the end there.

Morphine Prince

Does anyone know if this is real? This thread reminded me of this video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSq2sI5SMws 

Does anyone know if this is real? This thread reminded me of this video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSq2sI5SMws 

Disrespectful as f*ck, yet people are in total support of this kind of parenting

Slayage :legend:

I think people in this thread aren't seeing the difference between abusing your child and slaping/spanking them ocasionally. Did the mom go too far? Yes. Did the girl learn her lesson? I'm sure she did.

If you get slapped/spanked once in a while you will not be mentally scarred for life, people are overreacting. If you get beaten everyday you most probably will. 

People remember physical pain and chances are if you get physically hurt for something wrong you did you most probably won't do it again. A lot of how people raise their child is connected to the character of the child. Some kids are calm and may never need to get spanked in their life. Some kids are not and can be complete little ****s. I am all for talking to your child but nobody is going to sit here and tell me that talking always helps because that is utter bull****.

Parents are way too lenient nowadays anyway. There needs to be dicipline and respect and kids know none of that today. I am sure 80% of people on this forum (at least older folks) have either been spanked or slapped and I'm sure we've all grown up to be perfectly healthy, normal people with no traumas. 

Clearly most in this thread agree that what this woman did was excessive. All of it. The duration, the recording, the involvement of the other children. No one is honestly co-signing this bs. That's the most annoying part. I get that being self-righteous is fun and all, but some of the people saying spanking is somewhat effective aren't necessarily agreeing with what this woman did. I can understand people being passionate about violence especially against children, but don't get lost trying to vilify and demonize people on an internet forum. People are always so caught off guard though when their child is 15 with no respect trying to fist fight them and burn the house down. Also, who's to say that all those who received spankings WEREN'T involved in active open communication with their parents but starkly refused to comply and were bent on doing what they wanted (acting a mess/being self-destructive). Spankings aren't a trade-off for open communication. They're often coupled with each other, after the sitting down and talking hasn't worked the first 47 times. There's a persistence about delinquency that results in a whooping. 

*all of this is strictly opinion, I'm disgusting, I'm horrible. I know.

Essence

Disrespectful as f*ck, yet people are in total support of this kind of parenting

Slayage :legend:

yes, because ALL kids who aren't hit as children turn out like that...

Also, you told me to be open minded about this issue and you ought to be too. Instead you're jumping at everyone who has another viewpoint. Take your own advice and don't judge other cultures on the basis of your own.

• Shadow locked this topic