Emvee

You forgot Dope's #8 peak :hor:

ARTPOP isn't her best album tho...objectively speaking

Music is subjective, friend.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slade

Well this is a forum for hardcore Gaga fans and that poll was made literally the day the album released, a lot of people admitted to voting ARTPOP out of hype. It's generally looked at as her weakest or 2nd weakest outside of fan-sites 

Yeah, but that's what I meant. Regarded by fans, not by the public. Rated R is probably toward the bottom for people outside the fan base, while something like Good Girl Gone Bad or Loud would be considered her best by the public.

Slade

I don't view ARTPOP as her best album, and I feel like Rated R was about 97% more successful (at least where I live) than ARTPOP. So this comparison came as a surprise to me. I may sound negative, but it's my opinion. Not that I think ARTPOP isn't epic - it sure is epic. And Rated R has most of my favourite Rihanna songs on there.

This is all based on the US Billboard charts & just my memory of how it was when she released the album here, I'm sure it did well in lots of other countries! :yes:

Creyk

It seems like all the recent pop diva's 4th albums are cursed. Rated R, 4, and ARTPOP all underperformed, but the fifth albums of Beyonce and Rihanna both smashed, so that gives hope that Gaga might as well. If album 5 comes out when dance music is starting to pick up again, she can do really well. 

Taylor Swift and Katy are going to bring out their fourth albums next! :ohno:

OMG I'm scared for them

Jewels n Drugs
omg Gaga's Loud album is coming next then :omg::excited2:
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

JustPokeHerFace

Taylor Swift and Katy are going to bring out their fourth albums next! :ohno:

OMG I'm scared for them

Taylor already had her 4th album, and that sold quite well. But yeah, Katy's fourth mainstream album is next. 

And I guess there are a lot of examples where the 4th did well or the best for a female pop star. Miley's had her most successful era, In the Zone sold 10m copies WW, Like a Prayer sold 15m. But both Britney and Madonna had major sales drops for their respective 5th albums and Miley's supposedly working on hers so...

JusticeforVenus

3 were top 10... ARTPOP 2 were top 10 and one of them wasnt even a single...  :cry:

Battle 4 Ur Life

I agree it is her best album along with TFM

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

aaronyoji

wait ur turn and rockstar 101? ive seriously never heard of those lol. point proven i guess :laughga:

so that means her next single will go number 1 :gaga: ... ? lol #GYPSY!!! 

Not this album cycle. Gypsy will do terrible riding off the nonexistent steam of G.U.Y.

i was talking about ARTPOP in general. I don't think its fair to compare rihanna to gaga,simply because the reason why ARTPOP "didnt" do well is not the same reason Rated R "didnt" do well. ARTPOP didnt do well because of the GPs thoughts on Gaga, not because of the music, however Rated R was a very different sound for Rihanna and maybe ppl didnt really like it. People were actually rooting for rihanna at the time the record was released.

I have to say I disagree. I find ARTPOP quite different from BTW and TFM. ARTPOP for me it is really electronic POP and more experimental than her previous ones. I would just say- missmanagment and the music is just not that good this time around. And by not that good I mean not so commercial for GP.

Archived