1. 1. Favorite song from BLUE? (So far)

• Fountain
    • Hunting for Pearls
    • Vista
    • BLUE

Featured Posts

Tokyo Rose

No need to be rude about Grimes... She does most of her stuff alone

Well that's my whole point, Jonna is on a whole different level than Grimes.

Grimes is cute, but she has a long way to go to even be in the same universe as Jonna Lee

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasInTheDark

@Koala Thank you soooooo so much!!! The long explanation really helped! :party: What does "mandrake" exactly mean though? Also any idea on the significance of the man's suicide or the 6 animals?

@Koala Thank you soooooo so much!!! The long explanation really helped! :party: What does "mandrake" exactly mean though? Also any idea on the significance of the man's suicide or the 6 animals?

Have you seen the Harry Potter films? They mention mandrakes there since even though the plant exists, some myths say that it had curative purposed and was used in witchcraft. Their roots kinda look like a human body. There's a legend about how if men were hanged, they would ejaculate and mandrakes would only sprout when their semen fell on fertile land. This explains why she licks some white liquid ( :sweat:) in her second video (those that have numbers as titles). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrake_(plant)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC539425/

I'm not sure about the numerology, but it's seen in her first videos too! Six trees, six dogs, six strawberries... I think it was explained in the video about the first saga. I will watch again all the videos so I can explain more to you, and sorry for the bad English and poor explanations, it's not my mother tongue  :sweat:

And the video I saw gives two possible options of the man's suicide. It could be because of his obssesion about his loved mandrake or because he couldn't do anything for the world/nature, creating this way a new mandrake  :party:

JudasInTheDark

Have you seen the Harry Potter films? They mention mandrakes there since even though the plant exists, some myths say that it had curative purposed and was used in witchcraft. Their roots kinda look like a human body. There's a legend about how if men were hanged, they would ejaculate and mandrakes would only sprout when their semen fell on fertile land. This explains why she licks some white liquid ( :sweat:) in her second video (those that have numbers as titles).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrake_(plant)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC539425/

I'm not sure about the numerology, but it's seen in her first videos too! Six trees, six dogs, six strawberries... I think it was explained in the video about the first saga. I will watch again all the videos so I can explain more to you, and sorry for the bad English and poor explanations, it's not my mother tongue :sweat:

And the video I saw gives two possible options of the man's suicide. It could be because of his obssesion about his loved mandrake or because he couldn't do anything for the world/nature, creating this way a new mandrake :party:

Okay thanks so much!! I also found a website that explains a lot too so it's all starting to make more sense now.

ithinkweed

getting into them! I love their style, like electronic but in a dark, mysterious way :worship: Play is the song that got me interested.

JudasInTheDark

getting into them! I love their style, like electronic but in a dark, mysterious way :worship: Play is the song that got me interested.

play is soooo good! Listen to hunting for pearls :)

Antichrist

LOL SORRY FOR WRITING SO MUCH  :toofunny: 

Video #1: Sooo in ''b'' we see that the girl from the previous videos or preludes is now in a room with a cat and three men. She is basically a mandrake and the men caught her and want her to sing her song. Like... she is used as a hallucinogenic d--g. There's actually a lot of numerology in her videos, like the cat turns 6 times. Oh and the cat is like the storyteller and it does the sound of a goat, that references the first animal of the preludes. The video is technically about how the humans are using nature in a bad way

Video #2: In ''o'', the cat guides us doing the noise of a owl that was the animal from the second prelude. Now, the mandrake is in a greenhouse. In the roof there are 6 cats, so the number is brought up again. She is covered to protect her from bugs and animals to damage her. Again, the number 6 appears when we see six masks. At the end of the video, we see a tree with 6 strawberries and the Elizabethan collar that the mandrake was wearing, and it's to show how she found a way to escape and she put her things on another tree. 

Video #3: In ''u-1'', she says ''a quien le corresponda'' that means ''to whom it may concern'' in Spanish. We hear the sound of a whale (the animal from the third prelude). We see a new character named Captain Underpants by some people. Finally, he arrives at a building made of cardboard boxes. But we see that, in fact, the man is not with the real mandrake, it is a doll trying to look like her. It's like he's addict to the mandrake's chant, that's why he did his own fake mandrake. 

Video #4: In ''u-2'' we see the man going through the building made of boxes. The number 6 appears when we see six shots of him s-xually stimulating with the doll from the previous video.  At the end he destroys the building and it's a signal that his mind is broken and he suffers from being obssesed with the mandrake. 

Video #5: In ''n'' the cat purrs like a bee, the animal from one of the preludes. Now, the mandrake is seen as a salad and as a supplier/provider (I don't know the exact word) because she has left a lot of milk glasses around the forest. It's like she's the mother nature and we consume from her. The message is to stop consuming garbage/rubbish etc and adapt to nature. We see a dog trying to find the mandrake and a house made of paper. We see the number 6 in how many tomato slices are in the salad. 

Video #6: In ''t'' she wears a crown with 6 peaks and it symbolizes her power as the mother nature. She walks around a forest bringing light wherever she touches. She wears a ball, a stick and a collar made of aluminium. Again, 6 shots of her in a car covered with aluminium. The aliminium here represents things with an ephemeral value. 

Video #7: The cat in ''y'' makes monkey's noises. Here, Captain Underpants wears things that the mandrake was wearing in ''t'', that could represent how he tries to be the king because she is the queen. She is reborn in a warm place and there's a shot of the mandrake leaving an aluminium tree. She walks aroung the forest in 6 shots. There's a man with an armor in the forest, that would be the mentally active side of captain underpants referencing how weak he is without his armor. Without the armor, he's the mentally pasive side. The man with the armor attacks the trees while captain underpants ejaculates by fantasizing with the mandrake. Next, the mandrake is in a room with a pot and a baby. She sings him her song while she dies. The song talks about a little hope, and how that ''hope'' could the baby, that represents us, humans, that are able to do something to protect nature from all the bad things we have done to it. Finally, the cat is in a table with 6 plates. We see that the man hanged himself, and we see his cum falling in the pot. This is because in the past, there was a legend that if semen was put in fertile land, a mandrake would be born. Thing that will happen in the next videos. 

So basically the mandrake is the nature and the man is all the humans and we keep ruining nature

Holy crap THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! :legend:

Holy crap THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! :legend:

No problem! :) It also helped me to remember the meanings. I might do the same with kin and the preludes

Antichrist

No problem! :) It also helped me to remember the meanings. I might do the same with kin and the preludes

If you do with Kin, please post here, I'd love to hear the whole explanation :giveup:

If you do with Kin, please post here, I'd love to hear the whole explanation :giveup:

Sure! Maybe in some hours because I'm not at home now. The only problem is that English is not my first language and I keep thinking I wrote something wrong and... :deadbanana:

Antichrist

Sure! Maybe in some hours because I'm not at home now. The only problem is that English is not my first language and I keep thinking I wrote something wrong and... :deadbanana:

Suree, take all the time you need :hug:

Maybe help yourself a bit with translator? :emma:

ithinkweed

listening to kin, but I just can't get enough of play, it makes me dance. the instrumental is so s-xy, the lalalalas are so catchy it's just :legend:

Antichrist

listening to kin, but I just can't get enough of play, it makes me dance. the instrumental is so s-xy, the lalalalas are so catchy it's just :legend:

Sistren, check out Drops & Good Worker :giveup:

JudasInTheDark

Sistren, check out Drops & Good Worker :giveup:

I'm not the only "good worker" stan :giveup:

FrozenKookie

o, y and goods are her holy trinity. bounty is far the best album ^________^

Archived