Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When did Katy begin slaying?

johnjeric

Featured Posts

johnjeric

Hey everyone!

So something still doesn't make sense to me...

During the Born This Way era, I remember Gaga was the Twitter/Facebook queen. No other artist was even close to having as many followers as her except for Justin Bieber (and they tried to launch a day where all Bieber fans would unfollow Gaga on Twitter).

All of a sudden, I check and see that Katy took the throne, and is leading by a few MILLION followers. I never understood how such a drastic change could happen. How did this happen, and was it because of Gaga's hiatus before the ARTPOP era?

I still remember days where you would refresh Gaga's Twitter and the follower count would go up each time, but now, each refresh they just go down...

What event caused all of this? Has Katy always been just a few steps behind Gaga and she came and passed her or what? I never even knew Katy Perry was this famous TBQFH.

P.S, I just checked and Katy's Twitter has over 10 million more than Gaga... last I checked it was only 4 million and I checked right at the start of ARTPOP era.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember I used to think Katy was going to be a one hit wonder after the OOTB era, I was like what else is she gonna do? 

I don't think she will top I kissed a girl level of success and then she released california gurls and then teenage dream and then firework and ET, part of me, last friday night, roar, dark horse.........

I was so wrong

KTsmf5J.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

TSUNAMI

I remember I used to think Katy was going to be a one hit wonder after the OOTB era, I was like what else is she gonna do? 

I don't think she will top I kissed a girl level of success and then she released california gurls and then teenage dream and then firework and ET, part of me, last friday night, roar, dark horse.........

I was so wrong

KTsmf5J.gif

You jinxed it, it's your fault now 

theotherside

Too much backlash from BTW, and everything that happened during the break after BTW caused Gaga to decline. Now it's just cool to rag on her, and the media has become her enemy. (Bigger the star, bigger the target) Teenage dream caused Katy to increase in popularity cause the songs were catchy. 

You jinxed it, it's your fault now 

I'm not pressed or anything, it's just that, all that level of success is SHOCKING and I bet NO ONE saw that coming

the teenage dream era had the level of success everyone expected gaga and BTW to have

KTsmf5J.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

mcphee

never  :toofunny:

She goes with the tried and tested formula for hit albums and singles.

She takes no risks whatsoever, Prism is mediocre as f**k

I do really like her though, but she doesn't slay anything

Archived