💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Drowning, Not Waving: The Bitter End of Lady Gaga's Career

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLuvah

I can't at the people here seeing "truths" in this article. When this hater was waxing lyrical about her glory days he failed to realise Gaga was always pretentious. Haven't you heard The Fame which was all me me me?

God, this fanbase doesn't even know her.

:tea:

Gaga IS pretentious, which isn't necessartily a bad thing when it comes to her artistry...

its really one of the major reasons i like her to be honest...

An artist who expresses life as performance, life as art, and the importance of self. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

There's a lot of truth in this article.

"THE “G.U.Y.†VIDEO IS OBJECTIVELY BORING"

Agreed, the ARTPOP and Venus segments are painfully boring, even as a fan I only watched those parts twice, I can't imagine how bad non-fans would have found it.

"SHE’S SORT OF NORMAL NOW"

I know we were all happy to see how gorgeous she looked in the GUY video but at the same time it's boring, people aren't here for her looking like that because no one thinks of her as a s-x-symbol the way they do Katy or Beyoncé. Her best looks had a mixture of beauty and eccentricity with iconic fashion. This era her looks have either been hideous (Venus, Dope looks) or pretty but boring (Applause era looks).

"THERE’S NOTHING NEW OR CONFRONTING ABOUT HER VIDEOS"

Agreed, I like the MTN video a lot and the Applause video is fun, but her last video that felt like an "event" was BTW. Her videos haven't been coming together in a way that would get non-fans to care about them.

"SHE TRADED IN NICK KNIGHT FOR TERRY RICHARDSON"

Nick Knight was the last great director she used, his work in BTW is absolutely stunning, even though the video is way too long it's still better than any videos she released since. Since then they've all been directed by her, or photographers like Inez and the other guy. Nick Knight would have never let her waste a location like Hearst Castle with such poor directing and cinematography. 

codymonster

Interesting opinion. I'll disagree and give you a call 10 years down the road when Gaga's raw talent continues to solidify her as a living legend :whitney:

caseymonster

"almost nobody gave a ****" over 30 million views :awkney:

and no one bought anything.it faded within a week. good single!!

Saint Laurent

and no one bought anything.it faded within a week. good single!!

The quote was about the video. It mentioned nothing of the actual song or the choice to make it a single. 

caseymonster

The quote was about the video. It mentioned nothing of the actual song or the choice to make it a single. 

you were implying that people actualy give a **** cus of the views. views dont mean anything. considering radios dont want the song nor anyone is buying it, so yah its a bad single.

caseymonster

i wish she could reunite her old haus. her and redone, garibay, redone, mugler, mcqueen:( her team now is emma, and that green drwing girl, tara, terry and more "artisits".

she needs an actual good team who will tell her to get back from lala land. and tell her guy wont go to #1 cus shes gaga but she needs to do some promo! it looks like she doesnt give a **** about anything, shes probably depressed or something. idk. but what ever is happening to her, she needs to stand up and be that brave warrior she expects us to be.

SHE’S SORT OF NORMAL NOW

This is probably the biggest thing for me. She doesn't feel as.. naturally out there and different like the past. Sure she still does her weird **** but it feels so "look at me! edgy! art!" aka obvious and heavy handed.

And it's SO weird because I vividly remember Swinefest and that legit being the best thing she's done the entire ARTPOP era and it's up there with the peaks from the TF/M eras too. She hasn't done anything since then that I find super exciting and fun.

Ronk

Interesting opinion. I'll disagree and give you a call 10 years down the road when Gaga's raw talent continues to solidify her as a living legend :whitney:

This.  Gaga's career will be a long one, and it's still just beginning.  She can easily ride out any bumps in the road along the way.  Artists who do not have Gaga's immense talent will come and go while Gaga continues.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ChicaSkas

this shouldn't even be posted here. And you all wonder why the hell the woman doesnt come to this site she once loved so much. CLOSED.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived