💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga should quit Pop.

giskardsb

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

I hope Gaga takes a break from pop music when she is able to.  Get's married, has kids.  

She could do nothing but piano based songwriter stuff and jazz for like 5 years at least.  She'd probably actually outsell everything except BTW if she changed to a more Elton type of style at this point, TBH.  Interscope would probably be cool with it.

All the fans that are tied up in the superficialities of the pop music industry would drop away.  Gaga could get a new start, re-invent herself as she see's fit without expectations from chart hungry monsters.

She'd gain fans who care about music, and appreciate her as a musician and not just as a flashy entertainer who makes noise in pop culture.  People who care about more important things than whether she is currently slaying other stan's favs.

She could still be Gaga and still be artistic, just do it in a different genre than electro/dance pop, do it old school like Elton, Bowie, Freddy Mercury.  

There is too much baggage tied up around Gaga in electro pop, among both media and fans.  Time to drop all that and start over.  Re-born this Way.

honestly, i don't think this is a bad idea. and i think something along this line is probably inevitable... in 5 to 10 years. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antidote

No...I think that would be a big mistake. In five years a lot of her fans will have a family/kids  or at least lead a completely different life. The younger people on the other hand don't know her because they're too young for her now or listen to other stuff now.

The result will be, that less people buy her music.

Better Day

I would love her to do a heavy metal sort of album, An ARTPOP (song) type of album, but i hope she doesn't quit pop music cause like dance music and Gaga just goes together (like art and pop) but i do want her to experiment with new sounds and genres, i really want to hear her go punk rock

Together You And I!

8Bit Heart

Why would she quit pop? She champions pop music and has become the epitome of a pop star. Gaga redefined pop, and will continue to push boundaries. She seems happy to be making pop music, it's just that there are strings attached to it. Unfortunately we can't break away from these limitations (like being obsessed over charts, having companies be all about the money etc), but that doesn't mean she should quit pop. It would also look bad on her and tarnish her brand, since she's built it up on the basis that "pop will never be low brow".

Ronk

What's the point of alienating all your fans that made you happen in the first place?  :roll:

Gaga made herself happen, with her talent and hard work.  I'm for Gaga doing whatever makes her happy.  If that means different music with a different fan base, I'm OK with that.  I think she will stay with pop but continue to explore other genre.  She will eventually get married and have kids, and this complaining fanbase may push her to do that sooner rather then later.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived