Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a true pop music, Or a full getting by tracks?

Dann

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

It's my least fave album of hers. As an album, I don't like it at all but there are some good jams on there.

This. The strong points are very strong and stand well amongst her previous album's material, but unfortunately the majority of the album is mediocre or even subpar. There is barely a middle ground. 

buy bionic

Pandora

This. The strong points are very strong and stand well amongst her previous album's material, but unfortunately the majority of the album is mediocre or even subpar. There is barely a middle ground. 

Yes, exactly :worship:

MonsterOfSpain

didnt really get the question, but if u wanna know if we like ARTPOP. yes i do

didnt really get the question, but if u wanna know if we like ARTPOP. yes i do

It feels like a rise and fall of ARTPOP tbh, kinda like David boiwe and ziggy stardust was. Like Gaga took her step side and stoped being a freak control by the media? maybe she could do next time something even more shocking for the fans who actually got a little crazy for they own facts

it kinda match and make sense.

It's a good album, but you can definitely see she didn't get the success she was expected to with BTW so she was obliged to make an album made for the charts. When I listen to BTW or TFM I see an artist, I see Gaga doing exactly what she wanted, but on ARTPOP, the Gaga I see is a Gaga that needs desperately a hit. Only thing I think she really did well is the composition, the melodies are definitely her best ones in her whole career.

very good point tho! i feel like what missing from her on this album as well, there is no the star equality at all. It could be decent or even not a "Working process".

Bambino

It's a fun album, end of. Why does it have to have a genre? It's ARTPOP, just go with that.

:tea:

tokyodisko

I think it is her least creative or artistic album. 

Only about half the songs are worthy of her discography tbh, like with BTW I only skipped 2-3 songs(basically the deluxe tracks). The album is good, but not "Gaga". A lot of the songs could have been sung by any artist and it wouldn't be a huge difference. 

It's a fun album and I listen to it, but even for TF being much lighter pop music, I think it is smarter and deeper than AP. TFM + BTW are obviously in another galaxy.

I too think it was Gaga's attempt at being too commercial and she lost a lot of her wit and creativity on many of the tracks.

Tropico

My favorite album.

Ugh omg is this just another stupid thread where someone asks one questions but is actually just looking for one answer "ARTPOP is a mess/flop". This s--t is getting boring. ARTPOP didn't perform to great first week but it's still very artistic. Honestly...

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

djBuffoon

Her best album. Not her most radio-friendly, but it sounds like her, it's her tightest collection of songs, and it sounds like she put everything she had into it. As a vocalist, songwriter, and producer, she has done herself proud.

djBuffoon

It's a good album, but you can definitely see she didn't get the success she was expected to with BTW so she was obliged to make an album made for the charts. When I listen to BTW or TFM I see an artist, I see Gaga doing exactly what she wanted, but on ARTPOP, the Gaga I see is a Gaga that needs desperately a hit.

Arguments like this don't make sense to me. Alejandro sounds like a sure fire hit. So does Telephone. So does Monster. So does Bad Romance, as progressive as it was. Aura, Venus, Swine, Dope, MJH, Fashion? Not so much. This material sounds much more singular.

Slade

It's her best album yet.

It's a fun album, end of. Why does it have to have a genre? It's ARTPOP, just go with that.

THIS :applause:

Archived