Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Haters on GGD

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

TroubleClef

I agree but I do feel Gaga is a bit hypocritical. She adores the attention and praises fans who 'stalk' her and ignores the fact that most of them are very shady towards other fans.

When she announced via Emma that she doesn't visit GGD, I understood why, but what I don't really get is her throwing all her fans on a big pile, focussing solely on the negative. Looking back she was depressed at the time, but the whole focus on negativity, calling out fans online, seemed really out of character and pointless to me. I wished she didn't act like the whole world was trying to bring her down, but show more of a fighting spirit and ignore the haters. I think her behavior influenced fans in the way they talk about this era.

Gaga for a long time focussed on the negative, so to me it's no suprise her fans did too.

I disagree. I think Gaga genuinely loves all her fans, and the ones that she sees more often, she recognizes and knows. I don't believe that is hypocritical behavior. 

She encourages online kindness. You must agree that the internet can be both a beautiful and horrible place...

I don't see how she focused on negativity..Calling fans out on twitter was just her way of trying to mediate. Was it her job to do this...No. But it was her choice to say something. Regardless of whether you agreed with her or not in doing so, it was her prerogative. Its not focusing on negativity to notice it...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

I really feel bad when people here say rude things about Gaga to defend their Queen Katy or Beysus. :eww:

AND ARTPOP was such a great album to everyone before but now it's like this album is a mess to some people and is very much disliked just vecause it didn't sell too much.

Schwerk

I disagree. I think Gaga genuinely loves all her fans, and the ones that she sees more often, she recognizes and knows. I don't believe that is hypocritical behavior.

She encourages online kindness. You must agree that the internet can be both a beautiful and horrible place...

I don't see how she focused on negativity..Calling fans out on twitter was just her way of trying to mediate. Was it her job to do this...No. But it was her choice to say something. Regardless of whether you agreed with her or not in doing so, it was her prerogative. Its not focusing on negativity to notice it...

I absolutely agree. I was just trying to point out that things aren't always so black & white. Yes, she is the kindest soul with the biggest heart and I totally support her on spreading (online) kindness, the way she does it can sometimes be viewed in very different ways. Gaga always forces people to think, confuses, contradict herself, intentionally and unintentionally. This makes her fans (over)a--lyse everything she does or creates.

So by focussing on the negative at the beginning of ARTPOP with the whole 'Lady Gaga is over' fase, she made her fans a--lyse this subject of her work as well as any other subject before. She posed the question, fans tried to answer it. Is she really over? Is she disadvantaged by her own management? Why are all female artists pinned against each other? Will she ever have the same ammount of success?

Problem is a lot of these kind of questions us fans don't know the answer to. Thats why the keep coming up for months and months and that's why it seems this forum focusses a lot on the negative. A lot of fans have grown accustomed to talking about her career this way, overa--lysing it.

It's a shame because there are so many more fascinating aspects about Gaga and her artistry to discuss.

To sum it up, I feel this negativity/criticism is a fase, partly fuelled by Gaga herself in the beginning and I hope it will end soon. But I'm afraid it will continue unless she has a hit record again. She has said multiple times she doesnt care about hit songs. And even though we want her to do well, we have to accept this.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Willy Wonka

Why are some people on the internet if they can't handle criticism that's not even directed at them? That's the question.

Emvee

There are users here that can and will express disapproval of something Gaga-related, but it never bothers me because they do it in a respectful way and tend to post positive things too.

Whereas there are others who are just ****ing rude. I think I'm a pretty level headed person and it even makes me wonder if they even like Gaga as a person anymore. And it might only be like a handful of people who do that, but they always se to be the FIRST people to post and drag her on every thread :smh:

Girrr

I agree. That's why I hardly post. It irks me to the point where I want to drag, specifically, two people in this thread who I've repeatedly seen spreading negativity and using the "everyone has their own opinion so deal with it" excuse. Seems they're offended that the OP is calling them out. We can't handle Gaga's criticism? Then, why can't you handle ours and not post in this thread?

Hauser

If i have an opinion regarding ARTPOP or Gaga, I come here to express it because people arent interested outside of this site or other pop sites. GGD is a place for fans to express their opinions on her music, videos, fashion, albums, interviews, etc regardless if it's positive or negative opinions. 

I remember when ARTPOP was released. Everyone was raving about how great and unique the music is. But when the sales numbers were released, suddenly the music was bad and too generic. It's no secret many people are not actually fans of Gaga and her music, but her fame and the chart positions.

Exactly this. Gaga attracted a lot of people who are fans of charts and fame, not fans of her work. Even when Gaga had #1's, these fans were bad for our fanbase because they'd insult other artists who weren't #1. Now when Gaga doesn't have a #1 they insult her.

This is not CHARTPOP! :smh:

jhonyguy04

I remember when ARTPOP was released. Everyone was raving about how great and unique the music is. But when the sales numbers were released, suddenly the music was bad and too generic. It's no secret many people are not actually fans of Gaga and her music, but her fame and the chart positions. Don't feel bad about it and ignore it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so just let them talk.

Yup

Dunk96

I remember when ARTPOP was released. Everyone was raving about how great and unique the music is. But when the sales numbers were released, suddenly the music was bad and too generic. It's no secret many people are not actually fans of Gaga and her music, but her fame and the chart positions. Don't feel bad about it and ignore it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so just let them talk.

Hydrangea

People feeling like they can't be negative. If you say you liked ARTPOP when it came out because it was original and groundbreaking then changed your minds when it charted low, that's wrong. If you feel disappointed in ARTPOP from the start and respectfully say why and how it could have been better then that's fine. Being a whiny complainer who changes how they feel about music on it's chart position is different than just simply not liking somethin gaga did and being constructive in a debate

I’m a bad friend

display name

I do not mind people who share negative opinions from time to time because it is important to try to see things from other people's perspectives, but I agree in that some people do come off as haters as they seem to spread nothing but those negative opinions. There is no point in dwelling on the negativity. If you have something negative to say, then let it out and possibly discuss it with somebody who is willing to discuss it with you. Then, move on. There are so many more positive things to dwell on and discuss that are not as negative. Realistically, there is not a single person who loves everything that Gaga has done. We all have things that we do not particularly love, but what can be accomplished by focusing more on those things than on the positives, the things that are really worth discussing?

TroubleClef

I absolutely agree. I was just trying to point out that things aren't always so black & white. Yes, she is the kindest soul with the biggest heart and I totally support her on spreading (online) kindness, the way she does it can sometimes be viewed in very different ways. Gaga always forces people to think, confuses, contradict herself, intentionally and unintentionally. This makes her fans (over)a--lyse everything she does or creates.

So by focussing on the negative at the beginning of ARTPOP with the whole 'Lady Gaga is over' fase, she made her fans a--lyse this subject of her work as well as any other subject before. She posed the question, fans tried to answer it. Is she really over? Is she disadvantaged by her own management? Why are all female artists pinned against each other? Will she ever have the same ammount of success?

Problem is a lot of these kind of questions us fans don't know the answer to. Thats why the keep coming up for months and months and that's why it seems this forum focusses a lot on the negative. A lot of fans have grown accustomed to talking about her career this way, overa--lysing it.

It's a shame because there are so many more fascinating aspects about Gaga and her artistry to discuss.

To sum it up, I feel this negativity/criticism is a fase, partly fuelled by Gaga herself in the beginning and I hope it will end soon. But I'm afraid it will continue unless she has a hit record again. She has said multiple times she doesnt care about hit songs. And even though we want her to do well, we have to accept this.

i agree with you. Things are not always black and white. There are a lot more interesting things to discuss about gaga than how she is charting. Unfortunately how you are charting seems to be such an important part about the music industry. however, gaga's tour is selling well, and I believe that this is the aspect she truly cares about. she might rather Chart well too, but who knows. I think she cares most about her connection with her fans, which seems to be still going strong.

That brings up the point again about the OP. If you don't like ARTPOP or this era, that is certainly your choice. If you are "disappointed" with the way gaga is going about things, well, you have to ask yourself, are you gaga or on her team, and what makes you think you know better or would "do things better" than she is already doing.

IT is GOOD to have a healthy discussion about Gaga, and YES people will have differing opinions. perhaps it is a slippery slope in terms of saying, "yes you are allowed to have negative opinions, but you are only allowed to express it in this way" ... But when it comes down to it, it is common sense and really the Golden Rule that applies here. if everyone followed this, then I don't think you'd see threads complaining about other people's behavior, etc.

I do not mind people who share negative opinions from time to time because it is important to try to see things from other people's perspectives, but I agree in that some people do come off as haters as they seem to spread nothing but those negative opinions. There is no point in dwelling on the negativity. If you have something negative to say, then let it out and possibly discuss it with somebody who is willing to discuss it with you. Then, move on. There are so many more positive things to dwell on and discuss that are not as negative. Realistically, there is not a single person who loves everything that Gaga has done. We all have things that we do not particularly love, but what can be accomplished by focusing more on those things than on the positives, the things that are really worth discussing?

THIS 100%.

Benji

Why are some people on the internet if they can't handle criticism that's not even directed at them? That's the question.

This so much :applause:

Archived