Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

Essence

I'm not negative. I love Gaga and I'm just giving my thoughts and suggestions. I mean, 5 years ago her song was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and now we're celebrating the fact that she climbed a few spots closer to the top 500 on iTunes. Like, wake up please. Stop being out of touch with the present and reality like Gaga and open your eyes. Only then we can move forward and everyone, including Gaga, can be happy again.

anotado.gif

Everybody has come to terms with the fact that she's not as big as she once was, it's time you face the reality and do that do.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TwerkinLurkin

It wasn't my intent to create a mess but people felt the need to bully and attack me for my opinions and suggestions. They want to brainwash everyone who dares to criticize Gaga, even when they are coming from a good place. It really has become a cult.

On-topic: just wait until the biggest radio stations start playing G.U.Y.! It will reach the top 100 on iTunes then haha haters gonna look like idiots!

anotado.gif

i wasnt just talking about you though haha i was just saying everytime i come in here people are fighting

VforVendetta

I agree, I just said that the difference is that BTW smashed and ARTPOP didn't.

BTW was the 2nd best selling album in 2011. There were many mistakes they did and backlash that later affected Gaga's career but even then I knew that the album is a smash album..

It definitely was. If it was handled properly the album could have easily topped 10M WW and the era could have much better reception of the public, Gaga's image would be better back then and now ARTPOP Era would be in much better destiny. Everything is a domino and these small mistakes that alone seemed small now have all been all combined and the ARTPOP era was the one that paid the price. As long as Gaga realises these mistakes everything will be fine. It seems that she did to some extend judging from GUY Era.

I posted this in the main thread, seems like a good topic to discuss. Tell me what you think.

I think it's a lost battle to start this again but can we all agree that the current chart success or lack thereof is because of Gaga herself and not the music? It seems like every time I bring it up someone jumps down my throat but as Jhony correctly said Applause, DWUW, and GUY (the latter not really in my opinion) sound like hits that could resonate with the public. Sure the first two were hits (DWUW on its way before it was mismanaged). If we agree about this, then could anyone suggest ways in which Gaga could overcome this and have better chart success?

I think that is a good discussion for this thread instead of meltdowns and posting meaningless jumps or drops in positions so far. And since it's directly chart related I didn't ask this in the Random thread.

VforVendetta

No. I am shading people because I don't like what they do. I liked Katy before I even started stanning for Gaga so.. I just don't like her music/artistry since Last Friday Night ..

I also liked Katy before, I just don't like her artistry after I Kissed A Girl. :fan:

Pure Adrenaline

what the Paramore song is in the top 10 of itunes :smh: that was like ages ago released inb4 we see GUY in the top 10 of itunes this time next year :deadbanana:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Katy Perry went through a divorce and still kept releasing music. I'm sorry, I don't buy these excuses. She had time to figure this era out.

I just hope she just goes on tour and actually plans on her next era better.

I think one big difference between those situatios is that Katy's issue was with a sentimental relationship while Gaga's was with the management itself. Clearly one circumstance affects the artist's career more directly than the other  :shrug:

DWUWPerez

I just don't want people to set up themselves for a dissapointment.

Isn't there a site where you can see %'s? Someone posts it here every now and then.

I don't mean kworb. 

Essence

I think one big difference between those situatios is that Katy's issue was with a sentimental relationship while Gaga's was with the management itself. Clearly one circumstance affects the artist's career more directly than the other  :shrug:

Very true. Also Gaga was clinically depressed, and that should be taken into consideration.

VforVendetta

Isn't there a site where you can see %'s? Someone posts it here every now and then.

And no I don't mean kworb.

Kworb but only in the top 100. We coukd also find them on livepopbars but only if the song was in tje top 100 of Pop.

Pierre

u better take sleeping potion

:rip:
❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Pure Adrenaline

Wow it grows very fast !

hope it wont stumbles over from the fast speed it's running with

noooooooo that is not what I'm saying. It means the problem is the people's view of her. As a reason she's to blame but not her personally. You know me, have I ever blamed Gaga for anything? I almost love everything she does so much many would call me delusional :spin:

yes I know :hug:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Really shows you prioritize commercial success an d benchmarks (sell outs) over her making music and art.

The same way most people in this thread would have thrown away her SNL performance and ARTRAVE for the satisfaction of 30k more albums sales to top Katy.

I don't. I have other reasons to not want her to be exhausted: I want her to perform healthy, fit, awake and conscious. I prioritize tours over albums and such because the enjoyment of a tour lasts longer, and it's when Gaga's abilities are at its peak. It scares me to know that Gaga vomits almost every show and that after the show she meets fans for 3 hours, goes to the studio for the rest of the night, and more and more. Next to that, exhausting herself during the BTWBall didn't exactly lead to good things (hip injury mostly). She was basically not fit anymore starting from the second/third European BTWBall date.

Have you seen the BTWBall performances of some of European shows? Watch Poker Face in Finland for example. She wasn't healthy anymore when she had 3 legs to go. In the Latin American leg it went wrong with a few dates, Gaga had to be carried away with the Colombia. And Mexican date.

In north america her performances were quite okay, but she wasn't doing well herself at all..

To prevent thia, she shouldn't exhaust herself while on tour.

What is she doing that she isn't promoting atm? Like call z100 everyday while taking a dump, just do some promo.

She's in NYC too, she can just walk to 3 studios in a day.

Probably eating, smoking, rehearsing.

Archived