💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Official WWE/ Wrestling Thread

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Jase

Hmmm.. IDK- I really haven't payed much attention to the last two-three Wrestlemanias (this is the first time in a while that I'm watching things develop) so that's prob. why I'm a bit excited. 

With the ridiculous (and understandable) negative reaction Batista is getting, the WWE  has to fix the WWE title match. Two heels facing each other for the WWE title? :deadbanana: Now the Heel vs heel concept worked for The Wyatts and The Shield because these two groups have become such prominent members in the WWE and the fans really like them. They're so intriguing and unique and they put on spectacular matches. Now Orton and Batista? Some folks like myself are sick and tired of Orton, and others never wanted Batista in the title picture, and others just don't like them either way. IDK wtf Vince was smoking when deciding that B. should go after the title. 

Sheamus and Christian (if they have a match) will put a decent No DQ match. 

I'm an Antonio Cesaro fan so the prospect of him being in a title match excites me, but of course we'll have to wait and see. And even if he doesn't get in a title match, it'll be great to see his career take off after this.

I'm also a big Bray Wyatt fan so I'm always looking forward to his matches. It will be interesting to see if he beats John Cena- and I think he will considering that he's being pushed and pushed, and he needs to establish himself as one of the top heels currently in the WWE and a match against Cena will do just that. 

AJ and Natalya can put on a good Divas match. Brie has improved a lot, but of course she doesn't hold a candle to Mickie, Trish, and most definitely not Naty.  

A couple of years ago, the Tag Team division was almost non-existent. You had one or two established teams and the rest where random pair ups (Big Show and Miz??), but now they really stepped up the plate. Now we have established Tag Teams and factions (sure some of them may break pretty soon) but nevertheless they have have made some much needed progress. 

Personally I don't need to see chairs, tables, ladders, and blood all over the place to enjoy a match- they're great and all, but I can enjoy some good, well-fought matches with a good build up to seal the deal. 

Vince has always loved Batista. It's well documented that he gets hard over guys who look like him and Lesnar, which I'm sure is partly the reason why Daniel Bryan wasn't even IN the f'n Rumble match. I'll never get over that mess :smh:

Seriously, I'm actually looking forward to Boretista/Orton JUST because of the crowd reaction. WM crowds are made up mostly of smart fans who come from all over the world, and they WILL absolutely tear them both to pieces if Vince is stubborn and actually goes ahead with that f'n match. It'll be Lesnar vs. Goldberg (crowd reaction wise) all over again.

Oh yeah, the matches we've talked about I'm sure will be fine, but they just don't feel like WrestleMania matches to me. When I think of WrestleMania, I think of WM 17 (the greatest WWE PPV of all time), and what an absolute spectacle the show SHOULD be.

It's whatever. I'll still be sat there on the night of April 6th, spending money on the damn thing :smh:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inb4 Cena squashes Wyatt and Boretista wins the title :toofunny: :toofunny:

Worst nightmare ever. WWE needs to move on already. Otherwise, they'd have veterans returning to main-event WM an annual thing.  :toofunny:

Lion Heart

I HATE SEEING NAOMI PUSHED, THANK GOD SHE IS INJURED. She is such a generic Diva to me. With her generic Eve Torres dropkicks, her flop ass shaking and ass moves, the "Rear-View," her stupid moves and colorful cheerleading outfits... NO TY.

PAIGE NEEDS TO COME IN AND FEUD AJ AND TAKE THE TITLE OFF OF HER!

Then have a CRAZY, WILD Summer Rae VS Paige feud.

IDK I like Naomi. :shrugged: Never really cared for Cameron though. 

And agreed with Jase, the probable card so far is underwhelming for the 30th anniversary of WM - despite the returns of Hulk Hogan and Batista (his comeback was a flop. I'm sure the WWE didn't expect a rather bad reception, considering he's once billed as an equal to Cena back in 2005-2010). I guess it just shows that in that time span WWE has failed to make huge stars other than Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge (mid-2000's) and later on Punk (2011) and now Bryan. HHH playing favourites doesn't help either. 

The way I see this is that Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, and Antonio Cesaro will take off from here. I honestly think these three (along with a few others) will be the future of the WWE.

I absolutely adored Lita. What a f'n star she was back in the day. Her place in the HOF is MORE than deserved.

Have any of you guys ordered the WWE Network yet? You can watch the HOF live if you have. We don't get it until the end of this year/beginning of 2015 :smh:

inb4 Cena squashes Wyatt and Boretista wins the title :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nah... if I order it I'll do so in the summer when I have more time to devote to the WWE.

But even if Bray Wyatt loses, he pretty much gets put over. Think of The Miz vs Cena back a few years ago when the Miz was still a Mid-Carder. The Miz lost in most of their encounters, but just a few months/ years later he would go on to become a WWE Champion. 

I'll stop watching for a long while if Batista wins and Bryan loses to HHH.

Yeah. Same here. Roman Reigns as a top face like the Rock and then Dean Ambrose / Wyatt as top heels like HHH in the near future are surely what's "best for business" and best for the WWE in the long run. I'm seriously hoping that this year's Mania would be like WM 21 when WWE basically passed the torch on to the newbies. It's time for a new era when the likes of Cena and Orton are no longer the top priority all the time. 

Yes. :clap:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

Y'all know what made me cringe? 

Cena vs R. Truth @ Capitol Punishment. :fail: 

Santino winning the 25 Diva Battle Royal

Piggy James nonsense

Hornswoggle jumping off from the apron and all 7 MITB contestants collapsing @ WM 25. 

Ugh. :fail:

-------

I love a good crowd though :flutter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965oc-v5cmg

Jase
But even if Bray Wyatt loses, he pretty much gets put over. Think of The Miz vs Cena back a few years ago when the Miz was still a Mid-Carder. The Miz lost in most of their encounters, but just a few months/ years later he would go on to become a WWE Champion.

I guess it just all depends on how their match is booked. If we get a 15 minute match with Wyatt pummeling Cena, only for SuperCena to then emerge, F5 him out of nowhere and get the pin...he gains nothing. IF, on the other hand, Cena goes over but he only goes over after a competitive match where he's made to look vulnerable, then yeah, Wyatt benefits hugely and he'd come out of it looking like a star.

Wyatt should go over, though, especially if they want to keep this running after Mania. Cena can re-claim his win at Extreme Rules if needs be, but let Wyatt have that huge moment on the big stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoEqx9XT4Qs

This segment on Chicago would have been epic if CM Punk actually returned and made the save for D. Bryan against the Authority. I wouldn't mind a fatal-four way match on Mania with two huge faces and two heels for the Championship.  :cry: And I've never liked Batista and Orton as rivals. It would have worked back in 2006 when Batista was still a universally loved face. I'd rather see an Evolution reunion than them facing each other with the entire crowd booing both of them. 

On an another topic, I'm among those fans who want Cena to turn heel sooner than later. He's been playing the same gimmick for almost a decade already. But if he does, that'd make all the top stars from the mid-2000's to be heels. And when was the last time all three of them were heels? I couldn't even remember. I think Cena was never a heel once. Was he?  :toofunny:

Lion Heart

I guess it just all depends on how their match is booked. If we get a 15 minute match with Wyatt pummeling Cena, only for SuperCena to then emerge, F5 him out of nowhere and get the pin...he gains nothing. IF, on the other hand, Cena goes over but he only goes over after a competitive match where he's made to look vulnerable, then yeah, Wyatt benefits hugely and he'd come out of it looking like a star.

Wyatt should go over, though, especially if they want to keep this running after Mania. Cena can re-claim his win at Extreme Rules if needs be, but let Wyatt have that huge moment on the big stage.

Ooh definitely this.

@Mills: I think Cena was a heel somewhere during his "World Life" shtick. But I simply cannot see Cena turn heel at all. Maybe towards the end of his career once someone else has replaced him as the top star, but for now no.

Does anyone watch Smackdown? I really haven't watched an episode in years. I just look up results these days and see the matches that interest me.   

His "Doctor of Thuganomics" gimmick was very entertaining. And now, he became an untouchable Superman-like character. I still cannot believe that he could likely surpass Ric Flair's record of most world championships recognized by WWE and how he's been booked for the last 10 years or so. His reign atop the WWE as a pure face is longer than both The Rock and Stone Cold had combined during the Attitude Era. And that's what worrying me because it seems both him and the WWE couldn't let go of his current character for the sake of the merchandise sales. 

As for Smackdown, I stopped watching it after they discontinued the brand split. I believe they shouldn't have done it as it only makes things harder for mid-card talents to step up. The merge of the two world titles made things even worse. Instead of letting the former world champs like Ziggler, Swagger, ADR feud over a world championship on SD, they have forced these guys to compete in an already crowded title picture on RAW (to a point that they're actually no longer in the picture). Anyway, speaking of Smackdown, the last storyline it had which I completely followed and loved was the Edge/Vickie Guerrero saga against Undertaker.  The drama and the theatrics were amazing. 

Here's a very random post: one of the many reasons why I LOVE the WWE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaX2pF_CoRU

They always keep up with what's hot in pop culture - even acknowledging Gaga. Always loved this segment.

MegaMiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoEqx9XT4Qs

This segment on Chicago would have been epic if CM Punk actually returned and made the save for D. Bryan against the Authority. I wouldn't mind a fatal-four way match on Mania with two huge faces and two heels for the Championship. :cry: And I've never liked Batista and Orton as rivals. It would have worked back in 2006 when Batista was still a universally loved face. I'd rather see an Evolution reunion than them facing each other with the entire crowd booing both of them.

On an another topic, I'm among those fans who want Cena to turn heel sooner than later. He's been playing the same gimmick for almost a decade already. But if he does, that'd make all the top stars from the mid-2000's to be heels. And when was the last time all three of them were heels? I couldn't even remember. I think Cena was never a heel once. Was he? :toofunny:

I don't think they can turn a flagship superstar for the Make A Wish Foundation to turn heel. It would be like Saddam Hussein or Joseph Stalin being an ambassador for peace. I want to see this though.

Growing up during the Attitude Era, I've kind of tuned out of wrestling for several years due to the new G-rated stuff but have started watching it again because this Daniel Bryan guy is pretty cool and is an unconventional superstar.

Its a shame what they've done to the divas though. Mickie James, Trish Stratus, and Stacy Keibler had some of the greatest moments for divas. When the Women's championship meant something.

Lion Heart

As for Smackdown, I stopped watching it after they discontinued the brand split. I believe they shouldn't have done it as it only makes things harder for mid-card talents to step up. The merge of the two world titles made things even worse. Instead of letting the former world champs like Ziggler, Swagger, ADR feud over a world championship on SD, they have forced these guys to compete in an already crowded title picture on RAW (to a point that they're actually no longer in the picture). Anyway, speaking of Smackdown, the last storyline it had which I completely followed and loved was the Edge/Vickie Guerrero saga against Undertaker.  The drama and the theatrics were amazing. 

Yea I agree with that. 

I even heard some rumors that they're planning on merging the US and Intercontinental Titles- to me that's going way too far and it would make it extremely hard for mid-carders to get ahead, or have something relevant to feud for. I know the US title really hasn't been defended lately, but I blame that on the many things that The Shield have been dealing with and other stuff. Hopefully once Ambrose drops the title (hopefully at Wrestlemania to Reigns), Reigns will then go on to feud with other folks and actually defend the title- assuming he wins it of course. 

Hell considering Bray pinned Ambrose on Monday Night RAW, it wouldn't surprise me if Bray Wyatt ends up becoming the next US Champion. But it's time for Ambrose to lose the belt- his reign has been almost non-existant. 

I don't think they can turn a flagship superstar for the Make A Wish Foundation to turn heel. It would be like Saddam Hussein or Joseph Stalin being an ambassador for peace. I want to see this though.

Yeah, the PR stuff outside WWE is what holding them back for a Cena heel turn. The problem is that he's been the ambassador for a very long time already. And the longer they'd stick with the status quo of Cena as the voice and the face of the company, the longer the other guys would be held back. And their chances of making it huge would arguably go lesser, considering new ones keep coming up every year. One obvious solution is to slowly but continuously push the others hard enough for them to fill Cena's spot to make the company less dependent to Cena and a couple of the other McMahon/HHH long-time favourites. On the other hand, I'm confident that the audience right now is also mature enough to distinguish kayfabe from reality, that they could distinguish a character from the actual person. For instance is none other than the McMahon family themselves still doing PR stuff despite their TV portrayals as heels. 

Hell considering Bray pinned Ambrose on Monday Night RAW, it wouldn't surprise me if Bray Wyatt ends up becoming the next US Champion. But it's time for Ambrose to lose the belt- his reign has been almost non-existant. 

Sad but true. I've heard a lot of buzz surrounding him prior to being with the WWE, and it's all because of his sheer talent and charisma. The Authority storyline overshadowed his first days of the title reign, and now the inevitable Shield break-up is overshadowing it too. 

Apparently there were talks that WWE was actually considering a fatal-four way match (involving Orton, Batista, D. Bryan, and Punk) for the WWE title at Mania prior to CM Punk packing his bags after the disastrous Royal Rumble. If this is true, I'm beyond disappointed with Punk leaving the company without a proper farewell match, not for WWE per se but for those fans who have supported him ever since his Pipe Bomb back in 2011. It comes off just disrespectful. And I think I'd forever blame him for ruining the chances of that fatal four way main-event match. That's the main-event I want to see (2 heels, 2 faces in the main-event at Mania for the WWE title w/ the McMahon family in the corner). A reminiscent, if ever, of Mania 2000, one of my top favourite main-events in history.   :giveup:

Lion Heart

Apparently there were talks that WWE was actually considering a fatal-four way match (involving Orton, Batista, D. Bryan, and Punk) for the WWE title at Mania prior to CM Punk packing his bags after the disastrous Royal Rumble. If this is true, I'm beyond disappointed with Punk leaving the company without a proper farewell match, not for WWE per se but for those fans who have supported him ever since his Pipe Bomb back in 2011. It comes off just disrespectful. And I think I'd forever blame him for ruining the chances of that fatal four way main-event match. That's the main-event I want to see (2 heels, 2 faces in the main-event at Mania for the WWE title w/ the McMahon family in the corner). A reminiscent, if ever, of Mania 2000, one of my top favourite main-events in history.   :giveup:

Ugh :nooo: 

Lion Heart

Wait... what if Triple H replaces CM Punk in that Fatal 4 Way? Would that make sense? 

As I stated before we have a Heel vs. a Heel going after the WWE title. This is WM- the WWE has nothing to gain by putting such a disastrous match as their main event. I just don't think there's time for a gauntlet match at WM (HHH vs. Bryan with the stipulation being that if Bryan wins he can compete for the WWE title)- they simply don't have time for that. So if HHH and Bryan fight, it will be after or before WM- my guess is before. But now that leaves Triple H... what's he going to do at Wretlemania (assuming Bryan gets inserting into the title picture)? I'm sure Hunter would love a match at the biggest PPV of the year, but who will he face? What I'm thinking is this:

1. HHH and Bryan fight (a couple of weeks/ days before WM), and Bryan earns his way into the WWE title match.

2. Using his corporate power, HHH inserts himself into the WWE title match making this a Fatal 4 Way

3. Bryan wins with 80K people chanting "Yes!"

4. Triple H now goes after Bryan's title and the saga continues

5. Idc what the hell happens to Orton and Batista- hopefully they feud and stay away from the title. 

Also Hogan's supposed to make a big Wrestlemania announcement... what do you all think it is?

Archived