đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do a lot of people seem to hate Dope?

IAmTheX

Featured Posts

I've heard so many bad comments referred to Dope and I'd like to ask.. why? i'm not saying the song js the best on ARTPOP or something like that, just that it's Gaga and her piano, I can understand you don't listen to it because you're not here for ballads but... Hating it? Why? I think it's the kind of song someone can love or just don't give a about it, but not hate it... Is it because the melody? Because it's the simplest of her ballads? Because Princess Die was rejected? Because she changed the lyrics? Discuss.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allison M

It's boring to me and I cannot relate to it at all for I have never done d--gs.

Plus ballads usually showcase her amazing voice and it's not as amazing as it could be on Dope.
It's also such a downer. 

That's my opinion at least. I'm glad that it can help other people though :)

ryhanna

I don't actually know :ohno:

I've always wanted a song where Gaga sings her heart out with a piano, but for some reason I just don't like Dope very much. Maybe it's because I can't connect with the subject matter? Anyone else feel the same way?

The slurred vocals are kind of annoying and the song is such a downer. It sucks the fun out of ARTPOP.

Pierre

Because they preffer I wanna be with you. :teehee:

I love Dope, her voice in the intro, you can feel her pain.

âťťIs not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually ceruleanâťž.

i love dope, i loved i wanna be with you also so much at swine fest and then when i heard dope on ARTPOP i just sat there and cried and loved the moment of hearing it for the first time & when she performed it on Alan Carr omgggg i just couldn't stop crying seeing and feeling the emotion in such a raw song is beautiful! more artists shouldn't be scared to take risks like Gaga releasing such a deep and raw edited song! 

Tove Lo

This too.

hop on that **** like a maniac

No Angel

When I listen to it, it reminds me of a wedding after-party and the bride/groom's alcoholic mother is singing at the piano holding a martini in one hand and a empty wine glass in the other. :wtf:

I kind of like it, though! Makes me feel like I'll be doing the same exact thing at one of my sister's weddings...

JoeMo

It's a good song but people would rather listen to her dancy stuff.

Plus she's performed it a lot. 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

gagavsartpop

I love Dope, her voice in the intro, you can feel her pain.

The Fame

I personally like Dope, but I know a lot of people are finding her grainy, hungover vocals kinda hard to swallow.

HeavyMetalLuvah

Seriously one of her best songs.

Such a confessional.

Maybe I'm the only one,  but I think the "you" she refers to (need you more than dope) is her fame, and her love for showbiz-she's basically confessing she needs that (and all it encompasses) over dope. 

Archived