💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

X-Men

MonsterMarty

Featured Posts

Hellspont

Just hope Days of Future Past doesn't suffer from trying to cram too many mutants into one movie like Last Stand did :awkney:

Also, the released image of Quicksilver has to be one of the worst film renderings of a comic book superhero I've ever seen :wtf:

Yeah I am kind of worried about the costume designing for this movie lol

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMarty

Just hope Days of Future Past doesn't suffer from trying to cram too many mutants into one movie like Last Stand did :awkney:

Also, the released image of Quicksilver has to be one of the worst film renderings of a comic book superhero I've ever seen :wtf:

The future mutants are meant to have a very limited role (sadly for me since I adore the original cast) so I don't think they'll fall into the trap of trying to give everyone a job like Ratner did in Last Stand. Singer was able to handle all characters in X2 and First Class did a great job of introducing the characters without needing to re-hash X-Men 1 in introducing what mutants are and explaining X-Men in general.

I've faith Singer's story will hold up - I just hope the effects can keep up since the future looks like it needs to be a CGI masterpiece, especially the future sentinels.

And yes, Quicksilver looks awful from the pictures we have. :awkney: Toad isn't much better. At least Storm looks great now that she's finally getting a little screen time again.

Vernier

The future mutants are meant to have a very limited role (sadly for me since I adore the original cast) so I don't think they'll fall into the trap of trying to give everyone a job like Ratner did in Last Stand. Singer was able to handle all characters in X2 and First Class did a great job of introducing the characters without needing to re-hash X-Men 1 in introducing what mutants are and explaining X-Men in general.

I've faith Singer's story will hold up - I just hope the effects can keep up since the future looks like it needs to be a CGI masterpiece, especially the future sentinels.

And yes, Quicksilver looks awful from the pictures we have. :awkney: Toad isn't much better. At least Storm looks great now that she's finally getting a little screen time again.

Oh didn't know that, but it does look like Wolverine(ugh, my least fave) will be having a major role though?Heard that Storm was gonna have a much bigger role too, but had to be cut short because of her baby(nooooo :cry: ) and Rogue has actually been totally cut out :( But yeah that should help streamline things a lot. I don't think CGI should be an issue after seeing the amazing things done in movies like Pacific Rim, they should have no problems keepng up.

Omg, Toad. Only thing I usually remember him from was that godawful line that Storm said to him in X1, something about "what happens to toads that get struck by lightning" :rip:

Hoping that the Avengers version of Quicksilver will actually look good

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

MonsterMarty

Oh didn't know that, but it does look like Wolverine(ugh, my least fave) will be having a major role though?Heard that Storm was gonna have a much bigger role too, but had to be cut short because of her baby(nooooo :cry: ) and Rogue has actually been totally cut out :( But yeah that should help streamline things a lot. I don't think CGI should be an issue after seeing the amazing things done in movies like Pacific Rim, they should have no problems keepng up.

Omg, Toad. Only thing I usually remember him from was that godawful line that Storm said to him in X1, something about "what happens to toads that get struck by lightning" :rip:

Hoping that the Avengers version of Quicksilver will actually look good

Yeah Singer re-wrote some of Halle's scenes to limit her more, she's the leader of the defensive team that is protecting the guys inside sending Wolverine back to his 1970s body so she's basically outside sending hurricanes and lightning into Mark 10 Sentinels (which alone makes me freak with excitement!) so I'm hoping they didn't tone it down too much. She's one of the few pieces they are keeping true to the story - she's alive and fighting off sentinels in the future version of the comic story (which weirdly is 2013!). They did pick-ups/reshoots last week in Canada so Halle could always have done another week of scenes if needed so here's hoping lots of Storm features in the future scene. Also this picture makes me think they figure out how to make Halle fly and look like wind makes her take off:

mrZrYej.jpg?resize=620%2C363

Rogue is in the trailer (briefly!) so I'm thinking she might be background with no speaking or something, but maybe she's gone completely now. In the Empire Mag interview Singer said he hadn't cut her character completely but her one action scene was cut. Here comes blu-ray sales for deleted scenes! CGI shouldn't be a problem, but then we see the absolute disaster of terrible CGI that made it into Last Stand (Storms flying was bad enough at the start in the danger room when she was clearly on wires but then outside Jean's house with Wolverine her tornado spinning was so fake looking it was almost laughable, and lets not forget how awful Logan's claws looked in Wolverine Origins). I'm hoping they've learned and are throwing cash at the effects so it all comes together prefectly. 3D ticket prices hopefully mean they have a nice big $200 million+ budget.

Wolverine was always going to be the one going back. He gets the GP in the seats and is the star of the movies, even if the character is so overrated. Kitty was too young to travel to the 1970s anyway, Ellen Paige wasn't born until the late 80s so this way it makes it easy for the story to work I guess.

Vernier

They did pick-ups/reshoots last week in Canada so Halle could always have done another week of scenes if needed so here's hoping lots of Storm features in the future scene. Also this picture makes me think they figure out how to make Halle fly and look like wind makes her take off:

mrZrYej.jpg?resize=620%2C363

Omg, I hope so. I feel like besides X2, her character has barely been done justice tbh, would be nice if she's at least memorable in this one even if it's not a big role

CGI shouldn't be a problem, but then we see the absolute disaster of terrible CGI that made it into Last Stand (Storms flying was bad enough at the start in the danger room when she was clearly on wires but then outside Jean's house with Wolverine her tornado spinning was so fake looking it was almost laughable, and lets not forget how awful Logan's claws looked in Wolverine Origins). I'm hoping they've learned and are throwing cash at the effects so it all comes together prefectly. 3D ticket prices hopefully mean they have a nice big $200 million+ budget.

Wolverine was always going to be the one going back. He gets the GP in the seats and is the star of the movies, even if the character is so overrated. Kitty was too young to travel to the 1970s anyway, Ellen Paige wasn't born until the late 80s so this way it makes it easy for the story to work I guess.

That was actually one of my fave Storm scenes from all the three movies :toofunny: Even if the fight that happened after inside the house was just awful. And for whatever reason, I know I've seen the Wolverine movie,but I can barely remember anything about it, besides thinking the young Emma Frost was disappointing as it looked like someone just dipped her in rhinestones in her "diamond form" :flop:

Not sure why Wolverine gets so much hype tbh, besides his back story, he's like the most boring of all the main characters :sweep:

Anyways, can't wait. I don't think Bryan Singer will make a bad movie and if he does, it will in the least still be good popcorn fun.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

MonsterMarty

Omg, I hope so. I feel like besides X2, her character has barely been done justice tbh, would be nice if she's at least memorable in this one even if it's not a big role

That was actually one of my fave Storm scenes from all the three movies :toofunny: Even if the fight that happened after inside the house was just awful. And for whatever reason, I know I've seen the Wolverine movie,but I can barely remember anything about it, besides thinking the young Emma Frost was disappointing as it looked like someone just dipped her in rhinestones in her "diamond form" 

Not sure why Wolverine gets so much hype tbh, besides his back story, he's like the most boring of all the main characters :sweep:

Anyways, can't wait. I don't think Bryan Singer will make a bad movie and if he does, it will in the least still be good popcorn fun.

Yeah X2 gave Storm a real function, I absolutely loved the scene where she makes the tornadoes while she's piloting the blackbird it was so well done it looked so real! And the fact her blizzard wind saved Xavier made her more than a fog/wing machine like in X1's climax! That tornado spinning flight scene in Last Stand was a good sequence but the effects were so bad it made me criiiinge! They cut the fight inside the house short, the deleted scene in the movie show Storm using some hand lightning to fight back, whereas the movie version just has her getting her ass kicked... and then poof goes Xavier  :toofunny: The diamond form was always gonna be tricky but First Class was just so good overall I forgive little bits like that.

Thankfully Singer is correcting the stupid crap Last Stand did with Xavier, Magneto and hopefully more. I didn't care much for movie Cyclops but didn't want him dead either! The carnage from that film, even Jean was taken out  :pukey:

Yeah, Bryan is coming for the weaves of everyone who thought X-Men was finished. Can't wait either  :excited2:

• 2 weeks later...
MonsterMarty

New still from the movies was release ahead of Total Film magazine's X-men issue coming out this weekend:

new-xmen-image.jpg

And in more exciting news (to any fellow nerds) the BBFC have classified a new trailer so it should drop really soon!

• 1 month later...
MonsterMarty

Some new videos from X-Men: DOFP

Mystique Boardroom clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1mHCsnV3o

Xavier + Magneto Jet clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdhXQLaeIw

DOFP got its PG-13 rating Wednesday so everything appears set for release Memorial Day Weekend!

zexion_armando

I feel like watching any more of the trailers will be like an Amazing Spider Man 2 issue, where its all shown before hand.

MonsterMarty

I agree they're begining to saturate with clips after such an excellent blackout, but FOX have a huge investment in this movie so I get they want to make sure they don't skimp on promo and everyone knows about the new X-Men movie.

Speaking of that..... NEW CLIP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM2Cje1KMw

Hellspont

I saw the amazing spider man 2 and there was a clip in the credits and now with that clip idk..it looks kind of cheap looking? :huh: Im probably being paranoid tho

MonsterMarty

I saw the amazing spider man 2 and there was a clip in the credits and now with that clip idk..it looks kind of cheap looking? :huh: Im probably being paranoid tho

From what I've heard they've taken five or six of these roughly one minute clips and released them to different outlets like TAS2 promo deal before they finalized the movie versions. The Wolverine clip above has a continuity issue too around the 0:20 mark and the airplane clip show in the UK on the Graham Norton show was different to the internet clip... I think they just released early versions to get promoting.

zexion_armando

Yeah, I wouldn't really put judgements on these clips till the full thing comes out in theaters.

MonsterMarty

New clip, the one from the deal with Sony to appear during the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LumZrhi3HDY

Stuff happens way too fast in this clip in order to compress it down to 1 minute, this confirms the clips we're getting are edited for the sake of quick teasers and will appear longer in the actual movie.

Archived