Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Song Sounds Eerily Similar to Applause

Willy Wonka

Featured Posts

Our queen's impact, tbh.

No, in all honesty and seriousness, I can hear a bit of similarity, but I would not call it a rip-off, by any means.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

:toofunny:

It's true though. Just because the beat of a song progresses similarly to another song (which most pop/radio songs do) doesn't make them a rip-off of each other. Like you said, "it's textbook."

I don't care about the beat. I mean it's the same structure, same buildup, same chord progression, same rhythm during the progression. Really, the only that is different is the guitar during the verses.

oh my god you guys seriously, stop trying to have this debate with me. I've listened to the songs. They don't sound that much alike. You're like the Madonna stans right now. Take a page out of Slayra's book, recognize that similarities exist but that it's not a big deal, and move on.

:applause:  :worship:  :golfclap:

Willy Wonka

I love that you posted this! When I saw that commerical I was like that sounds REALLY familiar!

That commercial freaked me out so much.

Wow this is incredibly similar I don't know how people can say it isn't lol

don't wanna accuse it of being a rip off though, I'm sure it was unintentional. They wouldn't go out of their way to make a song that has clear similarities to a very recent hit lol

Honey Boo Boo

It's so similar to applause, but it won't ever be anywhere near as successful so

tumblr_mxz4reoFaw1svi3flo1_500.gif

:trootea:
A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Has anyone heard "In My Head" by jason derulo , its almost a complete copy of just dance apart from different lyrics, even then they sound completely the same and you can sing just dance to this song, the annoying thing is he got away with it so easy  :wtf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyWodrayuo

I don't care about the beat. I mean it's the same structure, same buildup, same chord progression, same rhythm during the progression. Really, the only that is different is the guitar during the verses.

Compare Gaga's vocals to the vocals of whoever's singing in this song and you'll see it's really not that similar. The similarity is mostly in the instrumental, which happens to consist of the beat. I do agree with you that the portion from the commercial DEFINITELY sounds similar to Applause, but the rest of it really just sounds like everything else out there.

I THINK ABOUT THIS EVERY TIME I SEE THIS COMMERCIAL

It's the exact same chord progression except the last note :smh:

Whiskey Mouth

come on, guys. are you suggesting that he should create in a vacuum? *points to gaga's howard stern interview*

I don't even know who they are so I'm not gonna spend time dragging them Be7sEyfCIAEgApE.jpg

this is my new favorite picture on the internet

J e s s e

I hear the same synths and insteumental in those crest white stripes commercials.

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

amazinglyjon

I hear the same synths and insteumental in those crest white stripes commercials.

Yes, I heard it too! I thought they were doing an Applause cover  :sweat:

Archived