💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Has anyone actually thought about what she means when she says ARTPOP could mean anything? I'm starting to wonder if it's her way of saying she hasn't really thought of a theme and this gives her room to really just put songs about anything on there.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

EarnYourLeather

Has anyone actually thought about what she means when she says ARTPOP could mean anything? I'm starting to wonder if it's her way of saying she hasn't really thought of a theme and this gives her room to really just put songs about anything on there.

I've thought this for a while. "My ARTPOP can mean anything."

dafuq? :laughga:

No b---h, it just means you don't have a theme, and you can't tie the songs together yet. lol

ryhanna

Well I am kinda annoyed that she announced the album title 5 months ago, said we would have a single in 2012, and then telling us early 2013. Unless she is planning on surprising us with the lead single, I doubt that will happen. :nails:

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, though. 2012 might have been the original release plan, with setbacks forcing the album to come much later than originally intended. **** happens. :shrug:

I've been thinking about what Gaga said at a performance several months (probably close to a year, actually) ago. "Some people think we're sick, but we just love pop music." I've been wondering if they're lyrics to the title track.

Americano

Set backs in what? In the fact she cant get her career on track again? lol.

Edited by Bryan

Redstreak

the fact that "snatch your weave" could plausibly be a lyrics from a new lady gaga song... :(

:awesome:

crisTEAne

When the ARTPOP album has dropped we'll then begin the meltdowns about the ARTPOPERA :derpga:

fixed :hor:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Redstreak

fixed :hor:

I would love for it to be that.

GreenEyes

I thought the "My ARTPOP could mean anything" Makes clear sense, what is art? Could be anything.. What is Pop? Could be anything as well, could be very slow like ADELE songs or could be a random korean song. This is going to have a lot of genres on it, which she has mentioned before, EDM, Rave, hopefully something with the piano, of course pop, etc. But I don't know, that's just my perception.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, though. 2012 might have been the original release plan, with setbacks forcing the album to come much later than originally intended. **** happens. :shrug:

so either: gaga still doesn't realize that hyping us too early is a bad idea, or gaga+team still aren't organized. :deadbanana:

Edited by Fey

heavymlover

so either: gaga still doesn't realize that hyping us too early is a bad idea, or gaga+team still aren't organized. :deadbanana:

She didn't hype ARTPOP at all though. Must of what we know comes from her team. She announced the album title early because we knew it basically one month before she even mentioned it.

We should learn to be more patient as a fanbase. Many other artists release new albums after 4 years. It's been barely one year since she was promoting MTN.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the situation we have at this point in time. After reading posts here daily and being obsessed with Gaga since she came to Brazil. Some things happened in the past year, that haven’t been addressed with the attention needed.

First fact that I think is really important to think about the direction Gaga is taking on her career is the fact that she fired her art director Lauriean Gibson. I don’t really know why she did it… I know it was nasty cuz the b---h has been talking bout Gaga with Perez… it’s not pretty. She fired the lady after Ãœ & I, which is weird sice she directed it… and there was some fuss about the Edge of Glory as well… Gaga said something about the number one rule of respecting art. (Which people always forget…)

ARTPOP comes after an album that was Gaga’s shout from an era of finding her own ground… creating and giving birth to what she stands for… gaga really let people know what she is about with born this way… If you think of the difference between the fame era and the Born this way era there’s a big change in what she talks about in her music… She created an atmosphere that makes possible for monsters to exist really… I think it was an answer to what she saw happening around her, with her fans ****ing dying and ****…

The second and last thing I wanna talk about is the fact that she is working with some new producers… she is back working with the whole Warhol theme, when she used it in the first show it was ****in beautiful!!

She has the album in her mind, she’s had it for a long time… the album is not finished because she probably is going crazy with all of the ideas the Haus has come up with…

People complain about the lack of information, but people also complain about her BTW era and for the BTW era there were no secrets… She was just sending **** out to the public… And people got saturated… People got sick of her…

I just think its funny how people that spend time to visit a forum dedicated to Gaga can at the same time distrust gaga as an artist. All I know is that the whole idea of “decay†fits the situation very well… Just look around…

ARTPOP is everywhere :gaga: :gaga:

She didn't hype ARTPOP at all though. Must of what we know comes from her team. She announced the album title early because we knew it basically one month before she even mentioned it.

We should learn to be more patient as a fanbase. Many other artists release new albums after 4 years. It's been barely one year since she was promoting MTN.

i think the only reason the fanbase isn't being patient right now is because we know the album title, track titles, producers, and whatever else we know. we KNOW that she's been working hard on the album for a while. we know quite a bit about an album that doesn't seem to coming out any time soon. i know we all hate to compare gaga to other artists, but when did katy, taylor, rihanna, kesha, britney, or even madonna release their album titles of their latest albums? fairly close to the lead single's release and/or album's release.

if gaga had stayed quiet about the album until now, we wouldn't be QUITE (emphasis on QUITE, this fanbase is crazy :hor: ) as frustrated and impatient. but she gave us info about the album, and now is suddenly quiet. she shouldn't be giving us the album title/track titles if she still doesn't even know when the lead single/album is coming out

Edited by Fey

George Black

I think the reason why she's been so quiet recently is because she's either going to release some info about the album or release the lead single.

ryhanna

She isn't REALLY hyping us, though. I mean, sure, we know the title, producers and a couple of track titles. But aside from a few exceptions, teasing information has been minimal. Most of the hype is fan-generated.