💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

gagabro

I don't expect any ballads on this next album (like Speechless or You and I)... and I'm totally okay with that :rockstar:

Might get Princess Die, but hopefully its production value goes up.

Born Brave

I don't expect any ballads on this next album (like Speechless or You and I)... and I'm totally okay with that :rockstar:

Might get Princess Die, but hopefully its production value goes up.

No Gaga album is complete without a ballad!! :((

HausOfMark

cher announced her new single with GaGa out in October on her twitter.

do you think thats the single release that gaga was talkin about on her LM chat or you think there is an acual single next month.

-Mark

msquare91

The lack of VMA nominations is actually kind of perfect. Other people have said that it's more a popularity contest than about the videos, and I'd agree. I feel they represent how the public perceives Gaga. During TFM, everyone was captivated by her -- tons of VMA nods. During the beginning of BTW -- much, much less awards, people are confused at what she's doing, but still interested, so a few nominations. And now, after BTW -- people wish that they could forget about her, this odd specter of creativity and sincerity that is just a buzz kill for all the other songs about partying and hooking up.

She's a rebel now, a criminal. And I kind of actually love that. During BTW, it was all about self-acceptance and love, although what she was doing was really running counter to everything that the music industry stands for nowadays. We didn't always notice that, since we were so wrapped up in what she was trying to make us feel. But now, in the aftermath, it's clear that she's committed a sin. We've talked about how sometimes the albums are reflections of what the public is feeling about Gaga, so I wonder how this all will play into THE NEXT ONE.

Galactic Mess

Srsly, a Superbowl performance for the new album would just rise more Madonna comparisons... I think it's better for her to wait to do it until later daown in her career

msquare91

cher announced her new single with GaGa out in October on her twitter.

do you think thats the single release that gaga was talkin about on her LM chat or you think there is an acual single next month.

Cher announced the FIRST single will come out in October. She also announced a while back that the first single WILL NOT be TGT. She has another song that apparently is even better than "Believe." She said TGT might be second single, but she's not sure. Hopefully we'll have the album by then and will know!

Has Gaga ever blown a landmark performance? She shines under pressure. Don't be so negative.

There's a first time for everything. Madonna usually puts on an amazing performance, but Superbowl 2012 was a mess imo. She was lip-syncing she had LMFAO and others...Gaga isnt some celestial being will put on an amazing show each time she performs. And I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. There's a difference. If there is a commercial that will be fine. If its a performance there is 10000x more pressure on that one performance which could influence the GP's perception of her for the whole era or the rest of her career.

Srsly, a Superbowl performance for the new album would just rise more Madonna comparisons... I think it's better for her to wait to do it until later daown in her career

And there's this Edited by born2beaunicorn

exoskeleton123

I think she could care less and I think shes mad. I think she's mad that she put her whole heart and soul into an album about loving yourself and the pop industry maintained its getting drunk and partying theme..

This new album is going to be a big **** you moment to the generic puppets that are running the show

Spill the tea

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Hey monsters. I was watching princess die videos on youtube and came to one where she said something like 'this song is called princess die, people think its a suicide song, but I don't ****ing care... Why do people always tell me who to be." --- and I was thinking... This album doesn't have to JUST be about the decay of a superstar. TRust me I used to Stan for Private In Public, but that title is just one of the many facets of this album along with the decay of a superstar.

I think the album will be about the ways Fame tries to change celebrities and the ways it tries to tell them who to be, as well as Gaga's reaction to this idea.

Fame will always try to get her to have a HUGE mansion or will try to kill her private life, but instead she is still a 'Gypsy' traveling without a real home of her own, as well as 'Private In Public.' She can art direct her life enough in public that she can still maintain a level of privacy.

This idea could also be linked back to 'Element Of Crime' because 'You never succeed in pop music unless there's an element of crime.' Meaning if your music isn't experimental enough, or you don't piss someone off in the business you haven't made it and she won't just sit there to please. She wants to piss people off because she is an artist.

Songs like 'White Rose Thorns' or 'Princess Die' are probably about how Fame trying to tell them how to be inevitably KILLS a superstar and then their death becomes as iconic as a rose.

Art Pop can also fit in because she doesn't just want to make pop music, she wants to make art pop instead of becoming a basic b---h.

The rest of the album will be FUN DANCE CRAZY TRACKS ABOUT PARTYING AND GETTING DRUNK because SHE KNOWS that is what the public wants to hear and its her way of mastering that art of fame once more.

This is why she wants us to design for her now and film her now, because she wants to become the way that people want her to be because it is an art to her. She's been acting fun because its art, not because she is selling out...

Ofcourse she's been on LM.com a lot because of 'private in public' but also maybe because as fake as she may seem this next era, her TRUE fans will always know she's real. Real for us, Fantasy for the public.

Edited by whipopotamus

Born Brave

There's a first time for everything. Madonna usually puts on an amazing performance, but Superbowl 2012 was a mess imo. She was lip-syncing she had LMFAO and others...Gaga isnt some celestial being will put on an amazing show each time she performs. And I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. There's a difference. If there is a commercial that will be fine. If its a performance there is 10000x more pressure on that one performance which could influence the GP's perception of her for the whole era or the rest of her career.

And there's this

I always cringe when I see a post from you. I mean I don't mean to be mean or rude or disrespectful but sometimes I think you just take opposing sides to argue..

Instead of pointing out the OBVIOUS risks of a high profile performance going bad and ruining her career(which is a bit dramatic). Why don't we focus on how the success of a tremendous performance of that caliber could propel the next album and next era and make it more attractive for casual fans. We need to grow the fan base and not limit it to the people who are scared of expansion and change.

:tea:

Edited by La Chameleon

Americano

The times of "growing" her fanbase are over. She's past that point in her career.

Now it's about maintaining the fanbase she built when she broke out. (Which she is attempting to do, a la LittleMonsters.com)

crushedlemonice

One Superbowl performance isn't going to dictate the rest of her career no matter how good/bad it is...

AnglerfishbraBENUS

She's a rebel now, a criminal. And I kind of actually love that. During BTW, it was all about self-acceptance and love, although what she was doing was really running counter to everything that the music industry stands for nowadays. We didn't always notice that, since we were so wrapped up in what she was trying to make us feel. But now, in the aftermath, it's clear that she's committed a sin. We've talked about how sometimes the albums are reflections of what the public is feeling about Gaga, so I wonder how this all will play into THE NEXT ONE.

This goes along with what I was talking about in a way^

Anyone else think it'll be weird seeing her back on tour, doing her "Born This Way" thing now after seeing what she's like these days? I mean, the pictures she's posted on LMs and the new attitude she has. Im not saying it's negative, Im just saying - she's not BTW-Ga anymore.

As for the new music, I really hope we get hints (at least) in Vogue later this month.