💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I love Gaga and all..... but....

Chucky

Featured Posts

This is my favourite album of hers. But the least favourite era. I really hope that the ARTPOP's real beggining in the next months as Gaga said herself will be true.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

This is actually my favorite album of hers. I just wish there were some more performances and that the video had come out. But I genuinely love this album.
Speak the truth!

iTl0KKSqKdJx7.gif

The album is amazing but the way it's been promoted is a big mess imo. I mean Applause is far from being the best song to be a lead single and I think what really ****ed it all up is when Gaga decided to make DWUW a single. Remember when she said "the only mess is on the internet" and half the fanbase was preaching her decision ? I do. 

tumblr_m0ao641b1s1rqfhi2o1_250.gif?w=670

What is this "era" people want beyond good music and performances.

Perfect chart slayage?

Critics and awards shows showering her with praise?

Gaga to be happy, or to pretend to be?

Online fanbase to be happy (good luck with that ever!)

I don't even feel like she has an album out. It's so quiet.

I guess Lorde doesn't either. How many performances has she done?

And Beyonce? Has she been living in a cave since the album dropped?

HONEY, IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD. NOBODY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT SALES. IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE MESSY ERA AND THE QUALITY OF THE ALBUM  :whitney:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST SALES I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ENTIRE ERA ALSO. SEEMS LIKE HER FANS LET THE MEDIA SEAL THE ALBUMS FATE WITHIN JUST A WEEK & MOST OF YALL WAS CALLING IT MESSY BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE DWUW VIDEO WHEN THE ALBUM DROPPED.  :dead:

not as big as they think certainly, although noisy. Maybe Gaga is just choosing to shut off the noise.

To the world outside of the stan-base, probably everything is more or less fine. ARTPOP is released, Applause and DWUW are on the radio. I think only stans sit around waiting for videos with baited breath. Others enjoy videos of course, but they aren't panicking worrying about when or even if it's released.

Yeah, videos aren't as big as they used to be for promotion when millions go into it. I get views count to Billboard, but are the returns worth it? I think Gaga could set up a number of lyric videos at much cheaper costs if views is what she is after. I'd be more stoked by televised performances and her new work in the second part of ARTPOP as it keeps it fresh.

However, what we did get last year: the first video for Applause, the VMAs performance, Swinefest, morning show interviews, radio show interviews, Ellen, Alan Carr, Youtube awards, SNL w/ R. Kelly, Howard Stern's satellite radio interview, AMA's performance w/ R. Kelly, Jingle Ball, the Muppets Thanksgiving special, and... Her collaboration with Christina on the Voice to end the year on a high note... Let us not forget the Japanese shows... So that was quite a bit of promotion especially with Troy Carter leaving just before her album dropped... Was that not enough for some people?

Yeah, so she dropped off the radar in 2014, just to interact with fans on her own social network and Twitter. It only sucked for GGD before Xmas when we found out she doesn't read this forum anymore and people were sitting on their toes for a Merry Christmas from a pop star on Twitter because they felt they were entitled to it for buying her music...

Wow, when you look at it that way... Was it so bad?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

What is this "era" people want beyond good music and performances.

Perfect chart slayage?

Critics and awards shows showering her with praise?

Gaga to be happy, or to pretend to be?

Online fanbase to be happy (good luck with that ever!)

I guess Lorde doesn't either. How many performances has she done?

And Beyonce? Has she been living in a cave since the album dropped?

Well Beyonce is fine with her music while Gaga isn't. Her music is something, but her whole image is what makes her a superstar. Like that's a reason why Beyonce don't have Twitter etc she doesn't need it. She is just fine. Pros/cons well maybe it's easier for her to be respected as an artist but at the same time Gaga represents her music so she has to be living in. 

Illuminati Freak

I'm a huge fan but not of this era. I dunno the album is good but I find myself only listening to about half the tracks on it now. I wasn't that way with BTW album. I couldn't get enough of it and had it on repeat. Everything with this era has been a let down for me personally. I hope she delivers on her promise that ARTPOP is truly yet just beginning. So far we've gotten a lot of empty promises from her and a lot of drama, finger pointing, blaming, apologies & only one music video last summer. 

When people say they think it's Gaga's best album, I can't help but wonder, are we listening to the same album?! But we all have our different tastes, I guess. It's obvious that Gaga loves the album, and some fans love the album, but it's also obvious from all the criticism that many many fans do not like the album, and based on its sales, many many people in the GP don't like the album.

I'm hoping that what Gaga is realizing now is that she is not only an artist, but also a businesswoman. I'm glad she followed her artistic vision and released something that she feels reflects herself at this time in her life. She obviously should have the freedom to release whatever she wants, even if a lot of fans don't like it. Inevitably, there are going to be some fans who love it and think of it as the album that changed their life, even if it's only 1% of this fanbase. (For ARTPOP, it's definitely higher than that, of course!)

But her music is also a business. I think something important to keep in mind is the way that her artistry and her business are interconnected through fame. Fame is her canvas. A huge part of her art is performing as a litmus strip for society at any given time...doing something that pushes the bounds of what is considered proper, and then seeing how the general public reacts to it. Fame is her pedestal that she must stand on in order to complete that task. I think that's the most interesting part of what she does. But if she doesn't run a good business, if few people listen to the music, few people watch her performances, few people are reacting to the work and posting about it on social media, then a huge part of her art is lost. So much of her art is the concept of the gazing ball...the art is more in how people react to it and interpret it than necessarily what she physically does. At this point in the era, Gaga needs to reconsider if this album is good for business or not. IMO, it's not, and she needs to start fresh if she wants to accomplish what she intended to with this album.

giskardsb

Wow, when you look at it that way... Was it so bad?

not it all, but many people need constant stimulation any more. 

Swinefest is actually one of my favorite things she's ever done, but I tend to love her festival performances.  

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived